How Does Your SL Look Today?

Bagnu

1 hour ago, PheebyKatz said:

That's the same system lady avi I made my little goth girl avatar out of when I was new. It was actually pretty good at the time, nobody knew I was using a system avatar once I had accessorized and all.

Nostalgia, wow.

People were so good at customizing their looks!  All it took was a trip to one of the huge freebie stores and some new skin.  None of the "which mesh body or head do I buy? Appliers do what?  Alphas, what? What do you mean this dress I bought only fits a certain body?" Everything was SLUV, BOM fit every single body.  We learned to edit flexiprims and how important glitch pants were and off we went to meet people!  I do NOT miss the awful ankles or toes and, of course, invisiprims don't work anymore.  I, also, don't miss system skirts.  😜

image.thumb.jpeg.fcf27f49c60c39df4782789d370bbbac.jpeg

Anyway, it was funny to put the old avatars on. When I saw @Bagnu, he had a persistent animation that kept coming back even after trying stop animation and revoke permissions. In my head I heard my mother saying "If you keep making that face, it will stick that way." So, you start with a character test and work your way up the tree.  It wasn't anything he was wearing that caused the animation.  It turned out that all he had to do was Reset Skeleton.  I though he had already tried it. Problem solved.

The region we were on had really old builds and dances, as well.  It was like a trip back in time for me.

image.thumb.png.8f88716214830fb2ced403d34da846d0.png

• Like 9
  • Haha 3

I went to a group dance experience, so I wanted to try to capture the group experience and joy in a photo instead of individuals.  It was a mixture of energetic happy music - everything from classical tunes to music from the 1930s to the 80s. The dances were timed and chosen for the individual songs and the murals in the background rotated to different colorful background. Local chat was positive and happy.  The dances were fun and silly.  It sounds like they will try to do a set once a month, so I am looking forward to the next one.  Yesterday, my SL looked like:

image.thumb.jpeg.11520aa09cd6393d15af583f9c2bd2c6.jpeg

Edited by Cinnamon Mistwood
  • Like 11

1 hour ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I went to a group dance experience, so I wanted to try to capture the group experience and joy in a photo instead of individuals.  It was a mixture of energetic happy music - everything from classical tunes to music from the 1930s to the 80s. The dances were timed and chosen for the individual songs and the murals in the background rotated to different colorful background. Local chat was positive and happy.  The dances were fun and silly.  It sounds like they will try to do a set once a month, so I am looking forward to the next one.  Yesterday, my SL looked like:

Here are a couple of pics I took at the "Happy Dance":CinnyDancing.thumb.jpg.1b77542576bd19781b268f45d4b60d57.jpg

CinyandSandorDancingatChristinasHappyDance.thumb.jpg.886167609f172c518e4c48f1c43c49da.jpg

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Nice - LM please

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Next time I log in, I'll see where it was.  I'll try to find group info, too, since I just "subscribed" to get announcements.

@Bagnu did Christina give you a landmark or group invite?

Christina usually just sends me a TP invite when something is happening. I'm chatting with Christina right now. The location varies. Best is to join "The Happiness Project" group, so someone can get the info. You and I will just get an invite from Christina, but for others it's better to join the group to see where it is.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I was playing around in Motown, Snapshot_698.thumb.jpg.cc74f4c39119d9c0778aac3984bd0156.jpg

Smashing through some construction barriers, they are no match for my bicycle!

Snapshot_704.thumb.jpg.152c36f466c15c09273f0f29708cafc4.jpg

Eventually I found myself at a club, no one there so I decided to dance for a bit

Snapshot_708.thumb.jpg.e2c058cd2ebd7c7654690ae3da2e4c83.jpg

I also did a bit of DJing, although there was no one there.  You wouldn't catch me dead doing this in front of a group of people.

I've spent most of my time in SL in the welcome hub today, checking out the exhibits, squatting on an exhibit slab, riding bicycles.

I also appreciated a sunset at Helios, it looked gorgeous

Snapshot_691.thumb.jpg.9477fce9ca4c10f6c951c5f4fcf2e608.jpg

Snapshot_695.thumb.jpg.d38c54b1eca9b42592fd2b9906fe0e64.jpg

• Like 13

5 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Wait. Helios has an outside?????

Yep, sometimes I will scale the rock side and jump on the roof because there is no flying. Snapshot_709.thumb.jpg.64b4001b08d7287f51c988e4812d9b08.jpg

Snapshot_710.thumb.jpg.0f4a74ec82cc945d7c5b64a4cd1028f5.jpg

Safe away from Anubis, while sitting up here.  

Edited by Istelathis
  • Like 10

Just now, Istelathis said:

Yep, sometimes I will scale the rock side and jump on the roof because there is no flying. Snapshot_709.thumb.jpg.64b4001b08d7287f51c988e4812d9b08.jpg

Snapshot_710.thumb.jpg.0f4a74ec82cc945d7c5b64a4cd1028f5.jpg

Safe away from Anubis, while sitting up here.  

I seriously had no idea.

I guess I was just bedazzled by all that glamour and glitter inside!

Or . . . bewitched by Anubis! 😮

• Haha 5

19 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Maybe try holding a toaster!

But then I'd never get out of the water!

All toasy warm, with water on my toes? The very idea of going back to landscaping is simply shocking.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, PheebyKatz said:

But then I'd never get out of the water!

All toasy warm, with water on my toes? The very idea of going back to landscaping is simply shocking.

You don't like toast!?!?

(I've never been a big fan, either.)

2f79d4ae87e3eebde092cdc4a89621b9.gif

I was supposed to sort my inventory a bit, as I've been thinking I don't want my wardrobe to be a chaotic mishmash of both Lara and LaraX fits .. But instead I went and bought a few animations and put together a new AO.

• Like 9

So I finally decided to set up shop again in world.
I bought myself a nice building from @Cain Maven and now it is time to make all the signs and posters, come up with a vendor design and then fill them with content.
I've put out a coming soon sign, but it could get a bit later easily. :D

IgqxENO.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1