Please consider non-US members

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1135 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Non-US members are at a disadvantage when buying L$ through Tilia. Unlike when paying for membership, Tilia only allows us foreigners to buy L$ with our native currency, not with US$. This leaves us at the mercy of the Tilia exchange rate, which is (putting it mildly) unfavourable. Now you're adding higher fees, and they will of course also weigh heavier on non-US citizens, as these fees also go through Tilia's exchange rates.

I was happy some time ago, when you promised that migrating to Amazon would give better access for non-US residents. This never happened, and now you are introducing this "tax" which taxes US residents milder than others. Is this a new strategy focusing on the US market only?

I would urge you to reconsider this raise in fees. Please make something else for your residents, and I'm sure everyone will happily pay more. You once had "Premium Plus" in the pipeline, wouldn't that give you more revenue?

• Like 7

For the heck of it, I looked up the population of Canada, I was kind of curious.. It's 38 million.. I thought it would be a lot more..

I just think it's kind of wild that California alone has a larger population at  just over 39 million.. Maybe it's all the land up there that makes it seem like there is a lot more..

hehehe

I just thought it was wild is all hehehe

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Alma Nova said:

the Tilia exchange rate, which is (putting it mildly) unfavourable.

"mildly"... simply can say greedy grabbing tillia hands ... a difference of 20% against current international exchange rate

1 hour ago, Arielle Popstar said:

You have lower taxes.

europeans??

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

"mildly"... simply can say greedy grabbing tillia hands ... a difference of 20% against current international exchange rate

Im not sure if Tilla uses a secondary payment processing partner on their back end (like Braintree or Stripe or whatever) or does the processing themselves but the exchange fee is always pretty high. 

That is frustratingly normal, the fee your bank or a Google search may show you will not include exchange fees added on top of that when a company actually converts your money. Anyone paying in a currency other than USD will be hit with those fees, making Linden more expensive. It's usually fees they have to shoulder from banks. For some of my work clients they pay 3-4% in exchange fees for their foreign buyers and so they just raise the prices (or tweak their exchange rate) for people outside their home currency. Ecommerce and online sales are full of these kinds of fees.

Edited by Bitterthorn

Just now, Bitterthorn said:

Im not sure if Tilla uses a secondary payment processing partner on their back end (like Braintree or Stripe or whatever) or does the processing themselves but the exchange fee is always pretty high. 

That is frustratingly normal, the fee your bank or a Google search may show you will not include exchange fees added on top of that when a company actually converts your money. Anyone paying in a currency other than USD will be hit with those fees, making Linden more expensive. It's usually fees they have to shoulder from banks. For some of my work clients they pay 3-4% in exchange fees for their foreign buyers and so they just raise the prices for people outside their home currency. Ecommerce and online sales are full of these kinds of fees.

Tillia is a bank. 20% fees are kind of greedy .. not even paypal or credit cards use those figures.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

You have lower taxes.

I'd gladly pay more for universal pharmacare and dental care (both of which, I think, are coming), and an end to our crappy treatment of our indigenous peoples.

Also, more action on homelessness, please.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Was assuming American as they are one of the few without universal healthcare.

The OP posts a request for LL to consider less onerous fees for non-US citizens in which it's abundantly, clearly, obvious to even the most casual observer that she's not American. Arduenn then takes a swipe at America by claiming that non-US citizens like Alma have better healthcare insurance (the truth of which is not germane, Arduenn correctly recognizes that Alma is not American) and you conclude the OP is American?

Your inability to understand the obvious is truly breathtaking, Arielle.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

The OP posts a request for LL to consider less onerous fees for non-US citizens in which it's abundantly, clearly, obvious to even the most casual observer that she's not American. Arduenn then takes a swipe at America by claiming that non-US citizens like Alma have better healthcare insurance (the truth of which is not germane, Arduenn correctly recognizes that Alma is not American) and you conclude the OP is American?

Your inability to understand the obvious is truly breathtaking, Arielle.

My post was directed at Arduenn whom I assumed to be American. Jump to erroneous conclusions much? 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

My post was directed at Arduenn whom I assumed to be American. Jump to erroneous conclusions much? 

If you do not quote or at least @ someone then it is reasonable to assume you are replying to OP. That is also how I read your post and was confused why you would assume someone who's country you could not verify had lower taxes. 

• Like 4

Just now, Bitterthorn said:

If you do not quote or at least @ someone then it is reasonable to assume you are replying to OP. That is also how I read your post and was confused why you would assume someone who's country you could not verify had lower taxes. 

I normally do but because my post was directly under his and he has me blocked anyway, I didn't bother as I see others refer without quotes to posts directly above their own.

11 minutes ago, Bitterthorn said:

the answer was already in the post to me, i asked it... clearly the "ladies" have me blocked  :0

o.o ... nog een nederlander...

0e71cc7931b1d6355ead6faa8a2d4e79.png

Edited by Alwin Alcott

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1135 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.