When did you last see a Bellisserian home available? Starting afresh.

Frigga Freidman

6 hours ago, Trinity1776 said:

So, I've been trying to get one of the newer houseboats, this weekend and today. Just getting discards in older regions. Really, all but the latest (where I'm stuck till tomorrow) have been decent locations. This is the first one that is the basic "slot" layout with houseboats very close on the right and left.

One thing I had forgotten is just how blatant many of the houseboat owners are about violating covenant and encroaching on their neighbors. I have already AR'ed three, in three different regions. 

1. Obnoxious, tall border images
  2. Structure encroaching on my parcel
  3. A Caspervend Terminal

You are likely aware, but this reads as though you aren't, so it's worth mentioning that the new houseboat models are in all houseboat controllers, new and old alike.  

• Like 2

I had a blast decorating this house for Halloween and making an entire haunted house, but it was always a temporary catch.  It is in an amazing location on a hill/cliff with just a few other houses.  I enjoyed watching the activities at Milbank (which you can see if you turn up draw distance a bit.)  I want my hopper back to find new locations, so I'm letting it go.  I hope the next person has as much fun as I did.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Ashton Village/97/72/37

• Like 4

On 12/13/2022 at 4:24 AM, Trinity1776 said:

So, I've been trying to get one of the newer houseboats, this weekend and today. Just getting discards in older regions. Really, all but the latest (where I'm stuck till tomorrow) have been decent locations. This is the first one that is the basic "slot" layout with houseboats very close on the right and left.

One thing I had forgotten is just how blatant many of the houseboat owners are about violating covenant and encroaching on their neighbors. I have already AR'ed three, in three different regions. 

1. Obnoxious, tall border images
  2. Structure encroaching on my parcel
  3. A Caspervend Terminal

I noticed that too. I already abandoned a few because of stuff people had put out. I don't have the patience to AR.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Hani Morningstar said:

I noticed that too. I already abandoned a few because of stuff people had put out. I don't have the patience to AR.

Oh, houseboat owners go far and beyond with add-ons and decor. I've got good houseboats and just left on the spot because of that. And now with the new models I think it will be bad, I've noticed several times that houseboat owners try to make it like a land house, the water is all covered with a prim, and tropical plants, like a trad but near water. We will have land trads in the new houseboats. I strongly believe that people should have what they like, as long it in't against the covenant, so I just move. 

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Tary Allen said:

Oh, houseboat owners go far and beyond with add-ons and decor. I've got good houseboats and just left on the spot because of that. And now with the new models I think it will be bad, I've noticed several times that houseboat owners try to make it like a land house, the water is all covered with a prim, and tropical plants, like a trad but near water. We will have land trads in the new houseboats. I strongly believe that people should have what they like, as long it in't against the covenant, so I just move. 

If it's something I don't like personally, and in my line of sight, that's what Firestorm Derender is for.    I personally go in at each location, do an area search, and derender problematic stuff (visually unappealing and/or highly scripted) and then block plus derender for tv's, radios, musical instruments, jukeboxes, etc. But occasionally, there are things that really need to be AR'ed. CasperVend Terminals (I've come across that multiple times!), excessive numbers of breedables (ditto), etc. 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Hani Morningstar said:

Would it be off topic, to have entries here, along the lines of, I'm just about to release a Linden Home, surrounded by hideously decorated other homes, so would someone take it for a while, so I don't get it allocated to me again, on the Linden Home Page and loose one of my 5 goes a day options?

Yeah it would.  I think that's something to whisper to friends or friends of friends privately.

EDIT:  "Here's a place I'm about to abandon," on the other hand, wouldn't be so far off topic.  But shaming the immediate neighbours would go against the protocols.

Edited by First Noelle
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Trinity1776 said:

If it's something I don't like personally, and in my line of sight, that's what Firestorm Derender is for.    I personally go in at each location, do an area search, and derender problematic stuff (visually unappealing and/or highly scripted) and then block plus derender for tv's, radios, musical instruments, jukeboxes, etc. But occasionally, there are things that really need to be AR'ed. CasperVend Terminals (I've come across that multiple times!), excessive numbers of breedables (ditto), etc. 

I AR stuff like low skyboxes, breedables and so on. I also derender, but my problem is that I use Firestorm but also the official viewer (Firestorm is slower for me than the official one), and then I forget in what viewer I'm, get to one of my places and see everything again. I once derendered an entire landscape near a log since all the plants and all the grass were full bright, I got there in the Lab viewer, had already forgot about it, and it looked that the place was on fire :). 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Frigga Freidman said:

If you're looking for an on-water Stilt with a back deck that faces west and a lush Mole Island to the south, I'm going to abandon my parcel in Shore Enough in a few minutes. As there aren't any on-water Stilts currently showing on the Land Page, if you see one it's likely to be this one. 

shoreenough.jpg

All three Stilt types now on the LP!

• Haha 1

UPDATE: Gone in 45 seconds.

I've tried to make it work, but have come to the conclusion that Houseboats just aren't for me. In 10 minutes (12:30 SLT), I'll be releasing one in Shark Bait, one of the newer HB regions. Square parcel, wooded enviroment rather than sand and seagulls. Shown is the view to the south and the adjacent island. There's no HB on the LP now, so if you see one in the next few minutes, it's probably this one.

shark1.jpg

shark2.jpg

shark3.jpg

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 4

If you're looking for a Vic, love trains, hills, and the Mole National Park (just walk up the hill behind the house to Varmint Falls)... I'll be releasing this parcel (yellow Doyle) in Banebury sometime between 2pm-5pm SLT. I'm flexible about the time, so if you're interested, drop me a line and we can arrange a precise time to give you the best chance.

banebury.jpg

ban2.jpg

• Like 4