When did you last see a Bellisserian home available? Starting afresh.

Frigga Freidman

2 hours ago, CalypsoJewel said:

However some of the OL listings were giving OP and although I had 2 people trying, both got pier and I lost my chance at my dream home to it. 

I saw this OL/OP issue too, weird.  I wonder if it was just one home.

I only had one hopper, and was out for most of the release ... then she got a really old inland one TWICE, tho there were nice new ones still available.  Tomorrow, maybe, for us both!  :)

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, karynmaria said:

I always look at it this way.  If it's meant for you it will come to you.  Just means there is even a better one out there for you.

I appreciate your optimism ❤️ I landed one on the region(still holding it) but it was the one I actually didn't really like out of the 5 lol. It's unlikely i'll stay long-term though, and will likely just cancel my sub once it comes around again. If anything in the future catches my eye i'll hop back on it, but this was kind of a blow to my interests in Linden Homes for now as it was a blunder on their end.
I know a couple of other people were waiting for some of those, so I hope some of them at least got what they were after. 😃

Edited by CalypsoJewel
  • Like 4

49 minutes ago, RitaCallisto said:

image.png.122b0774318a16e4427c646bb23ee77c.pngbut ending up image.thumb.png.87c0b7f665b2073d7917bf2f35610653.png
I guess it hasn't been fixed? House name is "OW" so.. don't think this is suppose to happen.

Weeeeelllll ... that one probably is supposed to be an "on Land" house.  It's confusing ... when a pier is not sticking out into the water, but is instead itself completely on land, you have to think of it as a boardwalk, not a pier (I wish they had used different textures for those two cases). 

It is further confusing that the HOUSE type (either OW or OL, there are no OP houses) doesn't have to be the same as the PARCEL type, which is what you see on the land page.  So, I think the above picture is an OW house attached to a boardwalk, which is on land.  So the parcel is OL.

I think.

The one that confused me looked very similar to your picture, but I chose "On Pier" and got it.  I abandoned it, and then asked another owner what she had chosen, and she said "On Pier".  I would have expected all of those that looked like they were attached to a boardwalk to be "On Land".  Personally, I would always have preferred it if they were called "On Pier" when attached to a boardwalk.  

Now I've confused myself.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Weeeeelllll ... that one probably is supposed to be an "on Land" house.  It's confusing ... when a pier is not sticking out into the water, but is instead itself completely on land, you have to think of it as a boardwalk, not a pier (I wish they had used different textures for those two cases). 

It is further confusing that the HOUSE type (either OW or OL, there are no OP houses) doesn't have to be the same as the PARCEL type, which is what you see on the land page.  So, I think the above picture is an OW house attached to a boardwalk, which is on land.  So the parcel is OL.

I think.

The one that confused me looked very similar to your picture, but I chose "On Pier" and got it.  I abandoned it, and then asked another owner what she had chosen, and she said "On Pier".  I would have expected all of those that looked like they were attached to a boardwalk to be "On Land".  Personally, I would always have preferred it if they were called "On Pier" when attached to a boardwalk.  

Now I've confused myself.

That is the first time i've personally ever had that happen. Granted I don't often have premium.. it'd actually been a while tbh.

Very confusing though, definitely.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, CalypsoJewel said:

Admiral's Landing released. However some of the OL listings were giving OP and although I had 2 people trying, both got pier and I lost my chance at my dream home to it. 💔 Not happy.

I encountered the same thing, and got several OP when I was trying for OLs.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Mercedes Avon said:

Shrimp Bay has been released and there is a line of lovely pier stilts on the canal up for grabs!

Still a few of these left. I just put back one that is on the north (open) side of the pier. Nice view of lots of water!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Fay Starlight said:

I encountered the same thing, and got several OP when I was trying for OLs.

I just got this clearly On Pier by choosing On Land, in Admirals Landing.  @Abnor Mole, is it because there's a tiny shoal below the pier?  That is NOT what someone choosing "On Land" should get.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Admirals Landing/164/71/24

567278699_OnLand.JPG.8f5f106a01acf5a26c0df140450cb6e7.JPG

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

I just got this clearly On Pier by choosing On Land, in Admirals Landing.  @Abnor Mole, is it because there's a tiny shoal below the pier?  That is NOT what someone choosing "On Land" should get.

This really makes things confusing! I prefer On Pier, so do I click On Land to get one? 🤔

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nika Talaj said:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Admirals Landing/164/71/24

I had actually brought this up to Whitney yesterday right after I got piers twice in a row(friend as well). So they should know. An explanation would be nice. Gonna be salty for a while, personally.

Especially when the house I wanted to try for so badly sits empty with the owner mia.

It's silly for a digital home to hurt so bad but dang.

Edited by CalypsoJewel
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, EnchantrixLisa said:

Seriously LL, this is what you consider "Land???"  🙄

fggfgfhfgh.thumb.JPG.aa0709bb7fd87bfd38109b09b1b77a0b.JPG

I thought they once explained that the type of stilt is determined by where the controller is located.  I would guess that since it is over land, that is why these come up.  

It is frustrating when you are taking your one of five rolls for a true OL stilt and this is what you get.  You expect the front entry to be stairs on land.  I, too, have "wasted" rolls to get this kind.

• Like 1

• Moles

Quartz is looking to implement a fix. The house controller looks to see if the land is higher than the water to decide if the parcel is "on land" or "on water" (then does another check to detect if it is on open water or attached to a pier IIFC), but it was looking at the position of the controller rather than the center of the parcel.

And yes, we understand this is upsetting for everyone trying to get the coveted on land parcels right next to the surfing beach in Treeowatoor. 

• Thanks 6

23 minutes ago, Laurelrose Anthony said:

I thought they once explained that the type of stilt is determined by where the controller is located.  I would guess that since it is over land, that is why these come up.  

It is frustrating when you are taking your one of five rolls for a true OL stilt and this is what you get.  You expect the front entry to be stairs on land.  I, too, have "wasted" rolls to get this kind.

It is frustrating and perhaps a case of semantics but I'm not going to stay bitter lol.  Just for a few more minutes though. ;) 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Abnor Mole said:

Quartz is looking to implement a fix. The house controller looks to see if the land is higher than the water to decide if the parcel is "on land" or "on water" (then does another check to detect if it is on open water or attached to a pier IIFC), but it was looking at the position of the controller rather than the center of the parcel.

And yes, we understand this is upsetting for everyone trying to get the coveted on land parcels right next to the surfing beach in Treeowatoor. 

Thank you both. I used my rolls this morning on just random hitting "whatever" on stilts, because I couldn't detect any pattern to what I was getting! 😂

• Like 2

Just noticed that stilts have disappeared from the land page, perhaps in abeyance while Quartz is doing Stilt surgery.  If so, I think that's a good choice.  There WAS a green dot in SSP83X, but it just disappeared.  

stiltbug.JPG.76068a5fa33b62f3fce940dd75095e1e.JPG

I also notice that the center of SSPFQ no longer looks like Fairstone Quarry.  Something for the birthday, perhaps?

sspfq.JPG.16cd436e37a3b35689c147e937ebef39.JPG1191400278_fairstonequarry.JPG.e0782c73141bab670816d30a146b0152.JPG

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Just noticed that stilts have disappeared from the land page, perhaps in abeyance while Quartz is doing Stilt surgery.  If so, I think that's a good choice.  There WAS a green dot in SSP83X, but it just disappeared.  

stiltbug.JPG.76068a5fa33b62f3fce940dd75095e1e.JPG

I also notice that the center of SSPFQ no longer looks like Fairstone Quarry.  Something for the birthday, perhaps?

sspfq.JPG.16cd436e37a3b35689c147e937ebef39.JPG1191400278_fairstonequarry.JPG.e0782c73141bab670816d30a146b0152.JPG

Ha, Stilt surgery! :) 

• Like 2