When did you last see a Bellisserian home available? Starting afresh.

Frigga Freidman

So I'm late to this party but I got a Sakura house, although I'm about to let it go because I have an emergency "save the view" issue on another sim where a neighbour is suddenly dumping land.

The houses indeed are very nice and you don't notice that they are close together possibly because of the landscaping and the internal courtyards or little rooms.

The external house wall colours are subtle and nice, which is why it's odd that the internal walls are so stark and don't have that subtle quality but then you can put any colour you want on the walls yourself.

What really makes this area in my view is that the Sakura Pine is actually 3D at least as to the trunk and branches, so that even if the branches are planar, it still looks pretty full.

The content pack has nice rock fountains and such.

Seems better than Newbrooke and of course the Community Center is a dream. It would be nice if they had gifts there as they did in the old Linden Homes.

Snapshot_086.jpg

Edited by Prokofy Neva
  • Like 7

15 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

So I'm late to this party but I got a Sakura house, although I'm about to let it go because I have an emergency "save the view" issue on another sim where a neighbour is suddenly dumping land.

The houses indeed are very nice and you don't notice that they are close together possibly because of the landscaping and the internal courtyards or little rooms.

The external house wall colours are subtle and nice, which is why it's odd that the internal walls are so stark and don't have that subtle quality but then you can put any colour you want on the walls yourself.

What really makes this area in my view is that the Sakura Pine is actually 3D at least as to the trunk and branches, so that even if the branches are planar, it still looks pretty full.

The content pack has nice rock fountains and such.

Seems better than Newbrooke and of course the Community Center is a dream. It would be nice if they had gifts there as they did in the old Linden Homes.

Snapshot_086.jpg

You can do a quick grab of up to 5 other homes in other themes in order to get all the content packs for them.

(I wish now that I'd done this before I'd settled on 2 houses that I don't want to lose now.)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

You can do a quick grab of up to 5 other homes in other themes in order to get all the content packs for them.

(I wish now that I'd done this before I'd settled on 2 houses that I don't want to lose now.)

It might be worth it to sign an alt up for one month's Premium so you can spend that month hopping around all the themes to complete your collection of content packs. 

• Like 3

I have an alt whose premium is ending and like a person with a true addiction, I just had to use up all her rolls before I downgraded her. Then I landed a gorgeous Vic parcel. I am not going to keep it because I really need to downgrade this alt when her premium ends soon. Pictured is the backyard view.

I will release this at 4:30SLT

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Bloodroot/23/214/22

nice.jpg

• Like 7

9 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

You mean each house theme has its own content pack? Is that true of all the areas, i.e. Fantasseria? I didn't know that.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Prokofy Neva said:

You mean each house theme has its own content pack? Is that true of all the areas, i.e. Fantasseria? I didn't know that.

Yes, every Bellisseria theme has a different content pack with plants, furniture, decorations, textures and other useful items that match the theme.

• Like 1

Just now, xViXeNx71 said:

Yes, every Bellisseria theme has a different content pack with plants, furniture, decorations, textures and other useful items that match the theme.

But wait, you mean every single different house? But that can't be? Whenever I click on that mailbox thing, it has only one option for a content pack, regardless of the different house styles.

1 minute ago, Prokofy Neva said:

But wait, you mean every single different house? But that can't be? Whenever I click on that mailbox thing, it has only one option for a content pack, regardless of the different house styles.

Not every single house, but every single theme, like Loghomes, Victorians, Sakura, Stilthomes, Chalets etc. 

There are different items in the content pack of a Victorian house, than the pack of a Sakura house.....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, xViXeNx71 said:

Not every single house, but every single theme, like Loghomes, Victorians, Sakura, Stilthomes, Chalets etc. 

There are different items in the content pack of a Victorian house, than the pack of a Sakura house.....

Oh, got it. Unfortunately, I didn't get all of those, even when I had certain of those houses, so I suppose I should work at that...

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

It might be worth it to sign an alt up for one month's Premium so you can spend that month hopping around all the themes to complete your collection of content packs. 

The problem with this tactic is that only the textures are transferable.  So if you like to use anything other than the textures in your builds, you are stuck using this one noob alt to do all of your content pack building.  That's more of a minor inconvenience than deal breaker, but it can be annoying if you prefer that one alt does all of the shopping, building, and decorating.  

Of course, the alternative is to have your main alt always be a temporary home owner, leaving them free to claim new themes as they become available.  Unfortunately, this pretty much guarantees that they will be the alt that gets all the keeper locations.  The Game of Homes gods are cruel that way.    

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, yestothis said:

Linden lab sees all of the pleas for content packs to be available to all premium members or all linden homes owners in a central location, regardless of home type, and they’re ignoring it. Shame.

i would love it if they did that.

Although I have 4 premiums atm to pay for the tier of the (main)land my shop is on, I can't grab the goodies!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Matthieu Quander said:

The problem with this tactic is that only the textures are transferable.  So if you like to use anything other than the textures in your builds, you are stuck using this one noob alt to do all of your content pack building.  That's more of a minor inconvenience than deal breaker, but it can be annoying if you prefer that one alt does all of the shopping, building, and decorating.  

Of course, the alternative is to have your main alt always be a temporary home owner, leaving them free to claim new themes as they become available.  Unfortunately, this pretty much guarantees that they will be the alt that gets all the keeper locations.  The Game of Homes gods are cruel that way.    

Yes, I am aware that the items don't transfer. I simply have the parcel set to my land group, have the alt rez the items and set them to share with group, and then I can move and edit them. It's really simple and works just fine. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, TarraMcBain said:

Hi I am going to release a sunset coastal land stilt http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Irukandji/196/235/25 If anyone is interested let me know and we can arrange a time to drop it.  OR I will be letting it go tomorrow.  

I use to have the one next door and I regret every day giving it up. If you do not have anyone interested in a drop, I would love to try for it.

• Like 3

And I came in here because I picked up this houseboat by accident (I did not mean to have houseboats highlighted). I was surprised when I got over to it. It is on a square parcel, sunset view, lighthouse right out front and trad homes on the other side. It is a super nice houseboat parcel. I held it for a day because I almost considered keeping it.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Deep Thought/78/76/27

Anyone interested in this one, let me know! Otherwise, I will drop it in the queue tomorrow 🙂

50c52ce0740524b6f2090a50f83b2b56.jpg

• Like 4

I was the one who proposed transferring houses via web site, but I wasn't clear.  I should have said, transfer homes BETWEEN ALTS via website.  I understand why LL does not want to track one's alts, but it sure would be handy to be able to transfer homes between my 3 or 4 alter egos!  I totally agree that transferring homes between typists via website would be terrible.

12 hours ago, Mercedes Avon said:

50c52ce0740524b6f2090a50f83b2b56.jpg

I used to have this, always regretted letting it go.  But I have no hoppers at the moment, ah well!

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 4

• Moles

The thread wandered off topic rather dramatically for a while so we've done some careful pruning. Please do what you can to stay on track and, as always, remember that if you have a personal disagreement with someone else, don't bring it to the forums. Thanks.

• Like 6