When did you last see a Bellisserian home available? Starting afresh.

Frigga Freidman

I'm wavering between whether someone came up with "tosser" and just didn't know the slang or it was a British person having a laugh because they knew most other people wouldn't know. I will say the houses probably aren't breaking the adult content rules for what's allowed in public in a moderate region.

• Haha 6

51 minutes ago, Polenth Yue said:

I'm wavering between whether someone came up with "tosser" and just didn't know the slang or it was a British person having a laugh because they knew most other people wouldn't know. 

I laughed - I mean it is literally a bunch of tossers. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Teresa Firelight said:

I tried for it but just wasn't quite fast enough. It is a lovely location. Thanks for sharing that you were abandoning it.

just looked  ,its still in  maintenance 

• Like 1

As I mentioned in the Show Off Your Home thread, I have two very nice Sakura parcels, one of which is 'speaking' to me less than the other. So, I'm going to abandon this canalfront in Hachidori (http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Hachidori/164/27/23) with a lovely view to the side at 3:00am SLT. I know the chances of getting it are slim, but you have some time to check it out. Good luck!

view0.jpg

view1.jpg

view2.jpg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Polenth Yue said:

I'm wavering between whether someone came up with "tosser" and just didn't know the slang or it was a British person having a laugh 

I was a bit surprised by it too. But I think it wasn't intentional. I can't use it also, because in my mind there is always the British  meaning 

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, Tary Allen said:
4 hours ago, Polenth Yue said:

I'm wavering between whether someone came up with "tosser" and just didn't know the slang or it was a British person having a laugh 

I was a bit surprised by it too. But I think it wasn't intentional. I can't use it also, because in my mind there is always the British  meaning 

It's not always "bad", "tossed salad" here in the US is a normal salad option.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Love Zhaoying said:

It's not always "bad", "tossed salad" here in the US is a normal salad option.

In the UK as well, in the sense of tossed = thrown. (There's even a London chain of salad restaurants called Tossed.) But in noun form, it's an insult that is only slightly less rude than calling someone a wanker. (Both of which are ruder than calling someone a jerk, which possibly evolved from the same allusion to masturbation.)

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 5/19/2022 at 10:01 AM, Teresa Firelight said:

if you dont already have a nice sakura location, your chances of getting one in the next couple of days are not high. I do have one 512 spot that I sorta like... not my dream but not bad. However I tried for a 1024 as did a few of my friends. All of our experiences have been all 5 rolls are landing other people's Tossers, and they were tossed for a reason. SO I would say it is wise to hold off on Sakura for a few days til the tossers get taken and some more desirable locations make it into the LP

But now you got an epic!

:)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

In the UK as well, in the sense of tossed = thrown. (There's even a London chain of salad restaurants called Tossed.) But in noun form, it's an insult that is only slightly less rude than calling someone a wanker. (Both of which are ruder than calling someone a jerk, which possibly evolved from the same allusion to masturbation.)

Maybe we should call abandons yeets or yeeters?

• Haha 1

10 different types of homes on the land page. No Traditionals, Houseboats or the two Stilts that's most popular.

Things have changed since 2019, and good is that.

But we love water. The Moles can't make enough Houseboats, they are grabbed as soon as some are released.

• Like 6