Does my avatar look like Asian?

yamata2018

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1279 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

No offense, but your avie looks like Kate Micucci (fig. 1) to me, and she is of Italian descent.

In order to give your avatar a more Asian look, i would do the following:

• First of all, give yourself your chin back, don't be afraid to make the jaw a little more square.
  • Then move the mouth up so that it sits in the middle between the tip of your nose and the tip of your chin.
  • Next pay attention to the cheekbones, move them way up, but not so much that it looks ridiculous (you will know when)
  • Eyes are also important, turn the inner corner down a bit and the outer corner up, don't overdo it, you are creating an Asian look, not a caricature 🙂
  • Also important for the Asian look is the so-called epicanthic fold, or eyelid fold, Asians have quite large eyelid folds (have a look at Google to see what I mean)
  • Adding/increasing this fold can make your eyes look too closed, so adjust the eye bags until the eyes no longer look like you are squinting.

Note that this is just a start, there are many more tweaks that you could make, but this should help you on your way.

Fig 1: Kate Micucci

First look at Nazareth grad's "Garfunkel and Oates" - The Morning Call

• Like 4

22 hours ago, yamata2018 said:

As the title says

Snapshot_010.png

On 9/18/2020 at 3:03 AM, yamata2018 said:

Blonde hair

Snapshot_008.png

On 9/14/2020 at 6:51 AM, yamata2018 said:

Hello. This is my first post on this forum

Snapshot_004.png

The last pic, your first post on the forums, looks more Asian than the others.  The middle pic looks as if your made major changes to your jawline as it's far too narrow.  The most recent pic that you posted in this thread looks as if you tried making some correction on the jawline/chin but ended up losing it completely.  

It's always a good idea to make copies of your shape before starting to edit and name them something like Shape for Editing and DO NOT EDIT just to make it easier to go back.

The following is obviously a skin made for a mesh head but the shape should help.

50225752248_932c4af0d5_w.jpg

Edited by RowanMinx
  • Like 2

Buy Lelutka's Ryn head instead of struggling.

I managed to do a very good Asian look on one of my alts but once Ryn came out I jumped on board. 

Also, the applier you use will help too. Plenty of Asian styles out there; and remember "Asian" can mean many things so figure out what you want to achieve. Chinese does not look like Japanese for instance. You need to pay attention to the difference in facial features.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Buy Lelutka's Ryn head instead of struggling.

I managed to do a very good Asian look on one of my alts but once Ryn came out I jumped on board. 

Also, the applier you use will help too. Plenty of Asian styles out there; and remember "Asian" can mean many things so figure out what you want to achieve. Chinese does not look like Japanese for instance. You need to pay attention to the difference in facial features.

Same! I ditched my Eurasian-looking duck-faced Catya for LeLutka Ryn when I saw how gorgeous and sublime (wow lol) its male counterpart Kane looked on my husband. It looks close-to-my-RL-face-realistic and well, “Asian” right out of the box leaning toward Japanese and Chinese features. Just a few nips and tucks and you are good to go. You can even slap some Nordic or African skin appliers on top of it and it would still look mixed Asian lol

I also have GENUS Strong and Baby Face. Of all the heads I tried and own, with the right skin I find that they lend a very distinct Korean “Gangnam Unnie” impression to faces which is not surprising why many “kawaii” and hallyu-themed brands design skins for them exclusively so buying them is a wise investment to make if you are into more Korean looks. I rarely use them though because the eyes make me look like Linda Blair in The Exorcist trying to pull off an ahegao lol

For skins: Before I got mesh-ed, I wore Sayuri by Tuli Asturias for almost a decade. It is the most beautiful and natural Japanese-inspired skin for the classic avatar in my opinion. These days, Bold & Beauty, Boataom, IT Girls, Not Found, and Pepe carry some of my favorite Asian looking skins. For BOM makeup, MUDSKIN is still number one. You can never go wrong with them seriously, and while you are at their store, check out MONSO which is right outside for some hairstyles to polish your look. Another place of interest is **DP**Yumyum which carries all my favorite hairstyles since 2010. Hair also plays a major factor to overall appearance and it could either highlight or downplay ethnic features you are trying to convey. I am going to be frank and tell you upfront that it is not easy to make a passable Asian AV with just the system basics but I say go on a demo spree and really take your time trying out combinations of head / shape + skin + hair until you achieve a look that you can be happy, or at least reasonably content with.

Edited by Yuumo Ichibara
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, Yuumo Ichibara said:

Before I got mesh-ed, I wore Sayuri by Tuli Asturias for almost a decade

Out of curiosity: have you tried Sayuri on Ryn with the help of BOM?

The body skin quite likely runs into the fingers and toes UV mapping issue, which can be adressed with blender tattoo layers to cover up the old texture. Nothing perfect, but worth a try.

EDIT: Oh, Tuli does have various body appliers. Just saw them on the Marketplace.

Edited by Lillith Hapmouche

On 9/26/2020 at 8:26 PM, yamata2018 said:

As the title says

Snapshot_010.png

As an asian myself and having an asian avatar, its definitely not an asian look. I dunno about system heads but I believe any mesh head(I am talking about lelu, catwa and genus here) can be used to achieve an asian look. 

Aloha Yamata2018. A LOT depends on what specific ethnicity you would like your avatar to mimic. For example, Russia, India, and Viet Nam are all Asian, but people look very different. Maybe your avatar looks hapa (mixed race). Look through mesh head shapes; you will find many that approximate an ethnicity. Once you have that head and shape you can edit the shape to personalize it. Genesis, Lelutka, and Vista all do heads with nice Asian shape options. Good luck!

11 minutes ago, yamata2018 said:

I hope this one is better

Edit: The attachment upload failed, so I am posting the picture here

https://imgur.com/a/KhKKGxu

Hmmm... to me, it looks less East Asian than before. Like everyone else is saying, the skin used makes a huge difference.

Good luck finding the perfect look!

Edited by SassySam87

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1279 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.