The all-in-one Home Furnishings Topic!

Trinity Blakewell

Any creators who are reading, I USE the animations.  In fact, I have occasionally replaced animations in benches, beds, and kitchens with ones from items that don't fit the look I'm going for.

I added a bed jumping anim to a bench once, and one time when my partner took a phone call, he was startled when he found our sedate cuddle had been replaced with him lying on the ground and me jumping up and down.  Go for fun anims, creators!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

I'm soo picky with animations, I actually do use the furniture, and if I don't like the animations I don't buy.

Sofas and chairs have to have, besides nice sitting animatios, activities like reading and drinking coffee at least. Beds also.That is one of the reasons I buy  often at Bazar and Chez-moi, I like the animations they use in furniture

Edited by Tary Allen
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, Esther Bunny said:

Lofty Spaces - Impromptu Markdowns 50% Off until tomorrow
( Except Recent Releases )

https://www.flickr.com/photos/colleendesmoulins/with/50623883758/

Thank you, I thought the Loft wasn't going to do Black Friday, just found a small table and chairs (rezzes food and coffee, laptop etc) that I needed for a winter place I'm doing 

WH_002.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tary Allen said:

I'm soo picky with animations, I actually do use the furniture, and if I don't like the animations I don't buy.

Sofas and chairs have to have, besides nice sitting animatios, activities like reading and drinking coffee at least. Beds also.That is one of the reasons I buy  often at Bazar and Chez-moi, I like the animations they use in furniture

Same here:) I'll only buy sofa and chairs now that have activities in them. Not enough sellers do that :(

Edited by Evangeline Arcadia
  • Like 3

Just up at FINCA a new group gift perfect for all you chatting about wreaths (I didn't read the chat actually but assume you like them since there were so many pictures) :D.

It is in the big open area by the entrance rather than in the older group gift area. Look for that too of course. I am guessing those are still gifts (plants and books on a sawhorse table).    

This is very clever as it has a peg to hook up above the door.   Also comes with white text.  

image.thumb.png.1ecc5299c1e886913bd0be0dfa1a1f02.png

• Like 13

It is going to be a busy December for me and so I am planning on taking a break from the forums. I have not died or moved to Tadzhikistan or anything bizarre. Good to take breaks. Tired of sometimes talking to the walls LOL.   Anything fantastic you can find on the blog. Anything else you probably don't need to know about.   I wish you all a wonderful holiday season and depending I may be back in the new year.   

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 3

12 hours ago, Esther Bunny said:

Lofty Spaces - Impromptu Markdowns 50% Off until tomorrow
( Except Recent Releases )

https://www.flickr.com/photos/colleendesmoulins/with/50623883758/

Is it already over?

I have been following her Flickr, and I could swear nothing was posted. Or was it a group only announcement/sale for group only?

EDIT: I hoover the mouse over the price tag, and it can say the original price, like "Hoyos concrete table [350]" but the price is now 175 L. 

I can't see any signs in the store, and it was no greeting with information. But it is a sale.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 1

If you are a user of animations, learning how to create or at least modify a pose menu is an invaluable skill.  It is tedious work, but if you are passing up furniture that you otherwise love, learning how to change the animations may be worth your time.

I learned AVsitter years ago, and it still serves me well.  It has been free for some time, and there are many really good tutorials online.  You don't need to master it.  You only need to learn a few basics to be able to do what most of you want.

Many designers frustratingly lock down the pose menu notecard, but if the furniture itself is mod, you can always replace it with your own.  

Happy posing.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Tary Allen said:

@Matthieu Quander yes,it is in my to learn list, so many furniture I could change. But scripting is not my thing (I can change a script on a basic level) so I'm always delaying it.

I took a terrific course in how to use animations in furniture from Deann Dufaux recently.   It was complete and so hands-on.  I apologize that I cannot remember which of the SL schools it was given in conjunction with but you might contact Deann inworld and see if she is still teaching this.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Chloe Bunny said:

Most are aware of this event I know but just in case and to do my part - countdown to the Expo! It is looking very spectacular over there, lots of stalls and merchants and people are working really hard - it starts this Friday!

I love the Christmas Expo and look forward to it every year (and the Chrismas shop & hop!)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Evangeline Arcadia said:

I love the Christmas Expo and look forward to it every year (and the Chrismas shop & hop!)

Excellent, there is so much to see and buy! Please come vote for our homes at Lights of Hope sim in amongst your shopping, we would appreciate that! 😉

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

I took a terrific course in how to use animations in furniture from Deann Dufaux recently.   It was complete and so hands-on.  I apologize that I cannot remember which of the SL schools it was given in conjunction with but you might contact Deann inworld and see if she is still teaching this.

I think DeAnn Dufaux teaches at Builders Brewery. There are frequent workshops there and an online calendar for classes.

Edited by Emma Krokus
needs more coffee
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Emma Krokus said:

I think DeAnn Dufaux teaches at Builders Brewery. There are frequent workshops there and an online calendar for classes.

It wasn't BB this time; it was a group I had not taken classes from before but DD may well also teach at BB.  I will try to poke around if I get inworld today and see if the brain cells wake up.

And my brain cells DID wake up!  It was taught at Blender Benders, located here:     http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Ufeus/149/94/2802   I am attaching a copy of their current class list below.  Note also the sign for a free copy of nPose which I grabbed.

1320371840_OwlsFlight1_001.thumb.jpg.b0262162faa1d00e1f9afc93d9a29336.jpg

Edited by Leora Greenwood
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 11/27/2022 at 9:54 PM, Chic Aeon said:

It is going to be a busy December for me and so I am planning on taking a break from the forums. I have not died or moved to Tadzhikistan or anything bizarre. Good to take breaks. Tired of sometimes talking to the walls LOL.   Anything fantastic you can find on the blog. Anything else you probably don't need to know about.   I wish you all a wonderful holiday season and depending I may be back in the new year.   

Come back soon! Happy Holidays 🎅

• Like 2

Free gift at Chez Moi - no group tag required! This 2 LI desk calendar set has a page for each month. But, a word of warning to avoid frustration. When you first put the box on the ground to open it, what you get is a large invisible box. Open that and you get a gift box. Open *that* and you'll get the calendar. (Whatever were they thinking?) Table model's own.

chez.jpg

chez2.jpg

chez3.jpg

chez4.jpg

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 7