The all-in-one Home Furnishings Topic!

Trinity Blakewell

On 11/24/2022 at 11:45 AM, Marianne Little said:

Maybe I have asked it before, I am looking for minimalist long table decor. I have tried to put together my own from branches, candles and some ornaments, but they cut into each other so much. 

(47) Pinterest

Have you tried Bazar? I don't remember the deco, but I'm quite sure there are  Christmas dinning tables upstairs, like this one, the deco on Bazar tables is always lovely  

~BAZAR~Aria dining set

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Tary Allen said:

Have you tried Bazar? I don't remember the deco, but I'm quite sure there are  Christmas dinning tables upstairs, like this one, the deco on Bazar tables is always lovely  

I have had Bazar's Forest Dining Set for ages and love it to bits:  https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/BAZARForest-Dining-set/8537287

forest_front_Kopie.jpg.db32bd0c08f5c4be5ad6807ebde87478.jpg

I see that the table and chairs are also sold separately, the table is 1LI and the chairs 2LI each.  This is gorgeous outdoors under the Pavilion and wonderful indoors anywhere.  The food and drink options are numerous, as are the animations.

Edited by Leora Greenwood
Finally thought to add a photo
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Leora Greenwood said:

I have had Bazar's Forest Dining Set for ages and love it to bits:  https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/BAZARForest-Dining-set/8537287

I see that the table and chairs are also sold separately, the table is 1LI and the chairs 2LI each.  This is gorgeous outdoors under the Pavilion and wonderful indoors anywhere.  The food and drink options are numerous, as are the animations.

That one is one of my favs also. So pretty

• Like 3

image.thumb.png.a42207f97217df0904d77d4cbcd8654a.png

New holiday group gift out at Nutmeg (REKA group). Happily it comes in three parts. THE BENCH IS FROM SWAY'S and there to show sizing. The stacked boxes are 2 LI and can be used any time . I downsized the bag as the default was really big. It is also 2 li. Both of these work fine at a distance for LOD2.  The NOEL sign and branch wreath brake up badly even when I made it huge like for in a store maybe and 9 li so only useful for you LOD4 guys.    

It was very thoughtful to keep these separate!!! 

• Like 5

@Tary Allenand @Leora Greenwood, I have so much Bazar and love it! I have both those dinner sets. But it was not "just" what I wanted.

I am using the Hyde place settings here, another Bazar set. It is very elegant and has no colors or patterns.

So I used the DaD fir garlands that I had such a hard time finding. I used two and resized them, they are really big. Pinecones and hazelnuts comes from Apple Fall. The white ceramic trees from the Half-Deer set "Mini ceramic village" and silver candlesticks from Fancy Decor.

It looks good from a distance, but if zooming in close, some fir cuts in here and there. The thin candle sticks really helps, it is much less cutting issues. First I used thick white wood candlesticks, but they got tips of fir needles poking out of them. 🥺

I had everything in my inventory. This is not a Linden Home friendly setup, the Li is 22. But that is because it is so big, and the Fancy Decor candle sticks (Lumen) is 2 Li each. But since FD has a 50% sale, I ran there and bought 1 Li silver candlesticks, in case I need them for a lower land impact decor. Second Life Marketplace - Fancy Decor: Silver Candlesticks These are only 1 Li and it really helps in a Li restricted home.

And 50% off in the Mainstore. Fancy Decor has a Store Navigation HUD that is really helpful. The video show how to use it. Store Navigation HUD @ Fancy Decor | Boston Blaisdale demons… | Flickr

The rest of the parts I used are 0.5 Li each, and in a smaller version of the setup, the Li would be much lower when linked.

bath_006ed.jpg

Edited by Marianne Little
typo
  • Like 13

While we talk Bazar, a new set at Uber. Second Life Maps | Uber

The place settings is only 1 Li*, Bazar continues to be my go-to store for 1 Li place settings. Candles and vases is also 1 Li. Other parts could have a lower Li, the pretty modern lamp** is 7 Li and well, it is certainly a pretty impact in a dining room.

Only 489 for the set, I think it is very affordable. You can buy single parts, I forgot to see the price.

* Rezzed food adds more Li.

** Lamp light can be edited via HUD, the metal is only gold... I wish it was silver too.

bazar_001.png.af3af8b222d0c8d37f2d09f49a7acf77.png

A warning to ALWAYS CHECK LI before buying. I wanted this lovely wicker set as soon as I saw it, but Holy Land Impact, it is 24 Li for one chair! I did not believe my eyes, I thought it was the whole set, but no.

The rug is only 2 Li though, and when I inspected it, it is 1.6 Li and can surely be edited down a little to 1 Li. If you like the look of the rug, it is 99 L.

But 24 Li for a chair, this is 2022 and one should not need that high Li.

bazar_003.png

typo and adding a few words
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

The Fifty has this bathroom set that I love so much. It is just what I want now. But I already bought a bathroom set from Fancy Decor yesterday and... umm... how many bathrooms are too many? 

But I bought this anyway. The vanity is 7 Li, not super low li but okay. The towels, mirror, soap dispensers and small plant is 1 Li, larger plant 2 Li. 2 wood options, black or white sinks.

Price 880 for A, 680 PG.

Second Life Maps | The Fifty Two

bazar_004.png

• Like 5

I went over to Uber to look at that dining table. I don't need one but I had seen it and it is very pretty.   The dishes with food are impressive. 

image.thumb.png.9b1c3df22cd15b23d73f74510e41dcf8.png

image.png.754eb60c9d9f9898929449bb17c23885.png

I wasn't sure but there is a big menu to choose food rom. The food I checked was only 1 li and the place setting is 1 li.  

At $119 this is a super bargain. 

image.thumb.png.31a6e27ae98f81161439a139357f6568.png

PS @Marianne Little  Those wicker chairs have HORRID LODs for folks running at 3 or below -- maybe even anything less than 4.  Not that many triangles so not sure how they became so very heavy. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 7

35 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

I went over to Uber to look at that dining table. I don't need one but I had seen it and it is very pretty.   The dishes with food are impressive. 

image.thumb.png.9b1c3df22cd15b23d73f74510e41dcf8.png

image.png.754eb60c9d9f9898929449bb17c23885.png

I wasn't sure but there is a big menu to choose food rom. The food I checked was only 1 li and the place setting is 1 li.  

At $119 this is a super bargain. 

image.thumb.png.31a6e27ae98f81161439a139357f6568.png

Yes, I love this one too. Bazar's older place settings have a huge menu in food and drink too. But the food get more detailed and still low li. 😍

I wish it was silver cutlery in the HUD... I have a silver theme now. 

• Like 1

Pick up a bathroom from Fancy Decor while you can. This is Linden home friendly. It is windows at the "wrong" places in every house I have lived in. This wall for sinks can you place in front of a window. Just pull down the blinds first, the backs in this set is transparent.

Li is very good. If you don't have time to hunt for a wall shell, or put up your own walls, this is good. It comes with a short part to have over a door. Or over a window perhaps. It is more glass walls than shown. Shorter and long without brackets.

The parts that don't have scripts: walls, floor, drain, towel warmer, bathroom brush, mirror, vanity wall and light is a nice, low 7 Li when linked.

When the scripted parts is counted with, it is 16 Li. I used one sink, it is room for two. I made the shower a bit roomy, with 2 glass plates.

The set is 844 L for PG on sale now. I do not remember the A. Maybe1000 L? And when the sale is over, it's the double price.

Sale ends Sunday 27th.

This is one of FD newest releases. Second Life Maps | Fancy Decor

Edit: It is several marble wall panels, they look the same, but when you look closer, the marble is slightly different. You mix the plates and do not get a repeated pattern.

bazar_005.png

typo and adding a few words
  • Like 5

Need some new plants? HISA has a good selection of trees, ground plants and climbers. Take your time and inspect before you buy. Some trees have high Li. The climbers have a variety of Li, there are always some low li ones in the packs. They are also rezzed out big, and land impact can go down. But inspect.

Pay the vendor full price, you are paid 50% back.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Hisa/119/169/1000

Sale until Dec.1, so you can spend the weekend on sales that end Sunday or Monday.

bazar_006.png

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

image.thumb.png.b8b1717b872ac7737675be8fd0f7aba4.png

Out for weekend sale at Black Sand, the LODs are good on this except for the headphones.   Texture change (colors on the wall) so looks like it would work for a lot of folks.  10 KI for everything. 

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Blacksticks/112/74/1872

The chair is 7 LI. Animations not very good for a desk chair.

• Sad 3

Here is that new FANCY DECOR bathroom set in the front small room of a Coniston Newbrooke home. I even had enough room to add in a FANCY DECOR Felix Bathtub although I had to move the spout down a little so it was below the window.

slpix_004_159.thumb.png.d7439ae16e026ad9194249614e6f8bf6.pngslpix_004_157.thumb.png.027028f8a5747c1c28190073f812d2f0.png

Here's what I changed/added: 

1. Frosted glass panels in windows
  2. Marble block for shower floor
  3. changed tile texture cause I didn't like the one that came with the kit
  4. Lights above the sinks.
Edited by Trinity1776
  • Like 6

10 hours ago, Frigga Freidman said:

Well for that price if land impact is an issue you could toss the chair and get all the rest for 3 - 4LI.  That isn't such a bad deal  LOL.   This is not my favorite creator but sometimes there are things that work well for some folks.   Just saying.    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

Well for that price if land impact is an issue you could toss the chair and get all the rest for 3 - 4LI.  That isn't such a bad deal  LOL.   This is not my favorite creator but sometimes there are things that work well for some folks.   Just saying.    

No, the desk, bookcase and decor as linked at the store is 10 LI, the chair is 7 by itself. Yes, there are better chairs out there. (And I did buy it myself.)

Edited by Frigga Freidman
  • Like 2

On 11/26/2022 at 4:03 PM, Frigga Freidman said:

I'm not a secret agent for Fancy Decor, I just mention that their office chair Henrik has been, and still is, my go-to chair for Linden Homes. Only 2 Li.

They have a very sleek Stewart chair. And a vintage office chair in a fatpack of colors. Those are also 2 Li.

Half price out Sunday. 150 L for the vintage fatpack and 125 L for the other two I mention here. Price is the double when the sale ends.

5 Li goes a long way in a Linden Home, and you get that if replacing a 7 Li chair with a 2 Li one. I don't know about animations, I don't sit in my furniture. I only set it up and look at it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

On 11/25/2022 at 3:52 AM, Chic Aeon said:

I don't get all that excited about Christmas stuff usually. I have a pretty full inventory and don't decorate ALL that much, but this is SO CUTE and would conceivably be OK outside a Belli home :D

image.png.b03ef6e7964b727fe0c187c7fd965793.png

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Uber/138/129/27

Serenity Style at Uber.

Took me awhile to find this post. You guys have been busy. My power was out all day yesterday so that's probably part of it :D. Anyway thought I should come back and say that while I LOVE the creativity of this "in real life" the LODs are not good and there is something very odd going on with some glow on the lights (likely my settings but I use the default and even in the photo they are pretty glary but could possibly be turned down).   So be sure and check to see if this will work for you. 

In general I found a lot of "faulty" (won't work for anyone on LOD defaults" work at Uber this round. That's unusual in my journeys. I don't always make it over there though so .... 

• Like 1