HALLOWEEN IS COMING!

Rat Luv

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 923 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am from the UK and love Halloween, in fact I love it more than Christmas...we have always celebrated Halloween in my family, when i was little my Dad carved Turnip and swede lanterns and put a tea light in them and hung them from our balcony..we didn't go trick or treating, but we  dressed up and had a party..In SL my SIM gets decorated and my SL house looks like Halloween threw up on it..LOL In real, I decorate my home, carve a few pumpkins and dress up

Edited by ZenCho Balhaus
  • Like 1

I've always loved Halloween/Samhain, grew up with it and learned it's history.  So this year I'm celebrating with friends RL at a party one of my friend's is hosting since it's finally on a saturday.

There was a time period of my youth where I only celebrated online because of my male parental unit had decided I was "too old" to celebrate... Kinda of like what he did with Christmas, my birthday, easter... Any holiday or special day that actually made me happy.

I'm actually excited to be able to celebrate them again with the friends I've made! 

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
2 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

Necro thread! 👻 WOOOO 🧛‍♀️

HALLOWEEN IS COMING (AGAIN)!! What are you going to do for it? Any good SL events? 

Or tell us a ghost story! 😮

I can’t wait! It’s my favourite time of the year, from September to end of November… It also means a lot to me, spiritually. I don’t know what to label myself as, I give thanks and honour nature and animal spirits, so a pagan type? The autumn, the harvest the colours… the lights… the animals behaving  it’s beautiful and worth paying respect to ❤️❤️🦊🎃🍁🍂

• Like 1

On 9/17/2020 at 1:15 AM, Milo Darkheart said:

Halloween is everyday for me in SL love dressing up as different stuff

That's so true! I've never understood why Halloween is so thoroughly celebrated in SL...but it is. I'm not immune, either. I have a ton of Halloween decorations, including a giant haunted house I no longer have the land or prims to rez, and many costumes.

ghostgirl2.jpg.bfa0e7a651645dbede4be37b9630bad3.jpg

Here's one of me as a ghost, sailing a ghost ship. This is straight SL, no fancy photoshopping. (It's even pre-mesh!)

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

That's so true! I've never understood why Halloween is so thoroughly celebrated in SL...but it is. I'm not immune, either. I have a ton of Halloween decorations, including a giant haunted house I no longer have the land or prims to rez, and many costumes.

ghostgirl2.jpg.bfa0e7a651645dbede4be37b9630bad3.jpg

Here's one of me as a ghost, sailing a ghost ship. This is straight SL, no fancy photoshopping.

Halloween and SL are both celebrations of other-worldly imagination.

They're a match made in Hell.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

Necro thread! 👻 WOOOO 🧛‍♀️

HALLOWEEN IS COMING (AGAIN)!! What are you going to do for it? Any good SL events? 

Or tell us a ghost story! 😮

I wonder if the mods will close this thread, too, even though you are the OP. They've been closing older resurrected threads lately. Last one I saw was closed yesterday.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker

9 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I wonder if the mods will close this thread, too, even though you are the OP. They've been closing older resurrected threads lately. Last one I saw was closed yesterday.

What Lindal said. The winter holiday one was a particularly nasty attack by one person.  I wouldn't worry about this one and personally don't mind its necro.

Halloween story time! 👻

:D

The Ghost with Bloody Fingers

A businessman checked into a hotel late one night. The room clerk told him there was no vacancy except for one room. Nobody wanted it because it's haunted.  The businessman didn't care and doesn't believe in ghosts.

He went up to the room, unpacked his things, and went to bed. As he was about to drift off to sleep, a ghost came out of the closet. Its fingers were bleeding and it was moaning, "Bloody fingers! Bloody fingers!", it cried.  The man saw the ghost, grabbed his things and ran.

The next night, a woman checked into the same haunted room. "I ain't afraid of no ghosts", she said. As soon as she went to bed, the ghost came out of the closet with bleeding fingers. "Bloody fingers! Bloody fingers!" She took one look at the ghost and ran.

A week later another guest checked into the hotel and took the haunted room.  After he unpacked, he took out his guitar and began to play.  Soon the ghost appeared. Fingers still bleeding as before, moaning about "Bloody fingers! Bloody fingers!"

The man paid no attention. He just kept on strumming his guitar. The ghost kept moaning. "Bloody fingers! Bloody fingers!"

Finally, the guitarist looked up. "Cool it, man!" he said. "Get yourself a Band-Aid."

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Eddy Vortex said:

What Lindal said. The winter holiday one was a particularly nasty attack by one person.  I wouldn't worry about this one and personally don't mind its necro.

Did you forget what forum you were posting on?

😉

Edited by Silent Mistwalker

I've been shopping around thinking about putting something together..

I might be able to have that night off from work.. it's all going to depend on a couple moves that work is thinking about making or not..

If it's not in my favor, then I'll take that night off and all the ones after it, maybe even some before as well. hehehe

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I love Halloween!  We have costume parties and contests at work, I decorate my RL Home with all manner of spooky stuff and lights.  In SL, I have a couple parcels all done up. One parcel build, a cemetery, came out pretty cool and I have a few scary avatars to run around in......

2 years ago, in RL, I put on my Reaper costume and sat real still in a rocking chair in front of my house.  I would look straight ahead and when the kids would get real close to see if I was real, I would dart my eyes at them.....LOL, scared the crap out of several kids and almost got punched by a couple dads....lol

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TT120 said:

I love Halloween!  We have costume parties and contests at work, I decorate my RL Home with all manner of spooky stuff and lights.  In SL, I have a couple parcels all done up. One parcel build, a cemetery, came out pretty cool and I have a few scary avatars to run around in......

2 years ago, in RL, I put on my Reaper costume and sat real still in a rocking chair in front of my house.  I would look straight ahead and when the kids would get real close to see if I was real, I would dart my eyes at them.....LOL, scared the crap out of several kids and almost got punched by a couple dads....lol

The whole point is to be scared. My late husband used to wait in the bushes wearing a wolf man costume. He scared the bejeeves out of one teen so bad he took off running..

Good times man, good times. 

• Like 1

On 10/10/2021 at 11:49 AM, Rat Luv said:

What are you going to do for it?

There was some chatter in school about possibly maybe we should dress up and stuff .. In which case I will mercilessly do my utmost to cause absolute panic in every coulrophobe in sight. 

Other than that, watch some horror films, drink some beer, have something nice (and quite possibly bloody) for dinner. Perhaps even treat myself to a splash of mead .. .. I should go order some mead ..

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 923 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.