HALLOWEEN IS COMING!

Rat Luv

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 894 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

7 hours ago, Tarina Sewell said:

no it doesn't, the list was a complication of countries who do in fact celebrate. 

People from those countries just explained to you, that we do not celebrate Halloween, but somehow that list overides real experiance of natives/inhabitants from those countries?

7 hours ago, Tarina Sewell said:

I can not believe how many Halloween haters there is in the crowd.

Nobody here expressed any hate for Halloween.

• Like 3

I do like Halloween, although it's not really celebrated here, at least not in the big way the US does. There's Halloween Parties and in some places, people do the trick or treat stuff, but that's more in suburban places. There's themed discounts, candies and costume sells, but that's basically like any other holliday-sales.

I typically hang around the Fallen Gods Sim in October due to the anniversary, and they usually also have some Halloween events I participate in. It's super fun! I also like to do outfits. This year it's gonna be a classic, and I'm very pleased with the result.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MrsSeren said:

Not short on ideas for songs for Halloween as got playlist called Halloween on mp3 player! :D So here's hoping someone can find stream @xSkadiso fingers crossed.

I found this stream, but they play some ads* and the genres are a little randomly put together. https://halloween-hit-radio.stream.laut.fm/halloween-hit-radio?ref=radiode&t302=2020-09-18_00-55-08&uuid=b61df038-dcf7-4c3c-bfd0-1fb8eb49b47c

*Seems like there is only an ad when you start the stream.

The last songs they played:
Lou Reed - Halloween Parade
The Creepshow - Creatures of the Night
The Rolling Stones - Living In A Ghost Town
Aqua - Halloween
Stellar Corpses - Welcome to the Nightmare
Count Ridicula - The Vampire's Lament (I Like To Suck On Your Neck, Baby)
Icky Ichabod - Witches Cauldron
Rezurex - Nightmares

Edited by xSkadi
  • Thanks 1

If anyone would like there house/garden or store decorated for any festival day/night or any celebration, or as a more perm landscape or Decorating feature - Please get in touch.  

Sorry I didnt realise the i wasnt allowed a advertisement in my post. :) I stand corrected. 

Edited by julieare
Removal of advertisement

2 hours ago, julieare said:

If anyone would like there house/garden or store decorated for any festival day/night or any celebration, or as a more perm landscape or Decorating feature - Please get in touch.  

We are now even taking booking for festive lights & Winter themes.  Starting at 500L$

Dreamascapes - Making dreams reality in second life 

of course reported .. this is GD, no advertisement board

On 9/15/2020 at 12:27 PM, Jordan Whitt said:

I don't "do" Halloween.  I see it as an American holiday and not something I grew up with or is part of my culture, so I tend to ignore it RL and SL.

Same. For me Halloween is something I know from the movies and Second Life.  I am impartial to it, I guess. When the actual day comes it is fun to go to SL Halloween parties and dress up and all that, but the whole decorating and stuff that starts at 1 september is a bit too much for me. Two months of Halloween...ugh.

Then again, I don't like Christmas decorations before the 15th of december either.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Caitlin Tobias said:

the whole decorating and stuff that starts at 1 september is a bit too much for me. Two months of Halloween...ugh.

Just realised I maybe made this thread a month too early...

Don't blame me, it's coronavirus' fault...it's scrambled my sense of time 😶

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rat Luv said:

Bit surprised people think it's a US-only thing, TBH. I live in the UK and me and my friends have always celebrated it. 

Will be interesting to see how Guy Fawkes Night goes this year, if anyone's allowed...

Maybe it's a little different in the UK compared to the rest of europe? The only kind of Halloween celebration I know are Halloween themed movie nights on the 31th, maybe one or two children who got inspired by american movies are knocking on your door and beg for candy and some Halloween themed parties in clubs. Stores sell spooky candy and decoration, but I rarely see people decorating thier homes for Halloween. It's not such a big deal. We have a similar fall season and thanksgiving tradition to pumkin carving in my area but that predates the existence of the US. On the 31th people are usually celebrating reformation day or are busy tending the graves for all hallows day.

566510.jpg.e581b0c22dbafc6c33340323529ddd8d.jpg

Allerheiligen.jpg.c4d41a9f40f2592b7b8bae41647cbad4.jpg

Edited by xSkadi
  • Thanks 1

of course reported .. this is GD, no advertisement board

:) ,i just though it would be help for  people to know that if they didnt want to do it them self, i love decorating and be happy to do it for them. 

Edited by julieare
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/16/2020 at 5:26 AM, Tarina Sewell said:

Singapore 5,850,342

not celebrated in the trick or treating or decorating your house sort of way (outside expat communities) but more an excuse to party. A lot take no notice of it at all.

we do love the paranormal though .. but that's every night of the year 👻

In SL I set out jack o lanterns in my shop and that's about it 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Akane Nacht said:

not celebrated in the trick or treating or decorating your house sort of way (outside expat communities) but more an excuse to party. A lot take no notice of it at all.

we do love the paranormal though .. but that's every night of the year 👻

In SL I set out jack o lanterns in my shop and that's about it 

ok.  ; )  I am all about the party lol

You could say I do 'Halloween' things in Second Life everyday; by getting some oddball avatar or whatever and doing random things to people like standing near their house's window and peer in silently then walk off. I did just that with a Waddle Doo from the Kirby series and it was lulzy seeing that huge eye-ball gaze into the place like: "Hey, how ya doing eh? Nice place ya got here...".

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 894 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.