The Movie Music Thread

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1253 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Massacre Mafia Style is a terribad b-movie but it has teh most awesome soundtrack evar.  I've been trying for years to get a hold of a copy of the opening song without much success:

And this one during the wedding scene somewhere in the film:

I can't stop now..hehehehe

I Had such a crush on Dwayne Johnson since I could remember.. I loved when he became an actor and became so good at it so that he would be around for a long time..

Married the first Samoan man that I ever met..That's not why I married him, but he was the first..hehehe 

He gave me the eyebrow look and I told him he looked like the Rock.. He shook his finger at me and said, no no missy, The Rock looks like me.. I was hooked ever since..

Anyways, one of my favorite Dwayne Johnson movies. And this song fit it so well.

We ended up buying the movie just because of this song from Baby driver..

The best getaway scene ever.. I looked it up and the whole chase was set up to line up with the music.. all the beats and the stops and the, bomp! bomps!

When you watch it, it all fits so well like they planned.. it's one of the best car chase scenes I think I've seen in a movie in a long time and the music is amazing.

Good movie too..

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I still find this thrilling. 

I have four huge movie posters hanging on the wall of my home theater...
Metropolis   -   Forbidden Planet   -   Dr. Strangelove   -   WALL-E

I almost posted some music from Forbidden Planet. That movie remains a marvel to me.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I still find this thrilling. 

I can't remember what channel it was on, but it was when I was home and sick from work for like two weeks, I believe last year..

That movie came on and I seen it had Leslie Nielsen in it.. I thought it was gonna be like a space movie like the Naked gun movies, but it wasn't... It was a serious space movie from back then.. By the time I realized it wasn't supposed to be funny, I was already invested in it..

I think more than anything, I kept watching it to get an idea of what people were thinking way back then, once I realized it wasn't a comedy..

hehehe

• Like 2

Just now, Ceka Cianci said:

I can't remember what channel it was on, but it was when I was home and sick from work for like two weeks, I believe last year..

That movie came on and I seen it had Leslie Nielsen in it.. I thought it was gonna be like a space movie like the Naked gun movies, but it wasn't... It was a serious space movie from back then.. By the time I realized it wasn't supposed to be funny, I was already invested in it..

I think more than anything, I kept watching it to get an idea of what people were thinking way back then, once I realized it wasn't a comedy..

hehehe

I first saw Forbidden Planet in our barn on a summer evening. The invisible monster left an indelible impression on me, as did Anne Francis. My profile's RL bio photo is of Anne, and I've modeled my avi after her. I learned that Leslie Nielsen had been unhappy playing "B" leading men, as he had a deeply absurd sense of humor he could not show. His rebirth in Airplane was a glorious thing to see.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

sorry. deleted.

It wasn't that much of a faux pas. :)   It just nudged me to suggest another thread since I'd like to contribute to that as well but don't want to seem as though I'm dominating the forum. 

Cat in Tiara.jpg

Edited by Garnet Psaltery

13 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Here's something I find stirring, though it's Disney's version of history. :) 

Well, if you want to go down that road, there's always Danny Kaye, Glynnis Johns, Basil Rathbone, and others in

The opening theme has a sort of rosy pre-pandemic message that helps forget .... all sorts of things.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1253 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.