The Movie Music Thread

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1239 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

9 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Post your favourite movie/film music; the tracks that stir your emotions.  Commentary is fine but no arguments, please.  We're here to listen and enjoy. :)

I'll start with one that still puts a smile on my face from the excitement of first viewing to the warmth of memory. 

I actually like a song off T2- is pretty awesome- You Could Be Mine by GnR.  But the song in the club while Sara is calling the cops is great.   
The soundtrack to Maximum Overdrive- every song is AC/DC.   Fright Night (85) has some great ones-  Rock Myself To Sleep by April Wine.  Near Dark (Naughty Naughty by John Parr).  

The Wedding Singer soundtrack, both Guardians of the Galaxies- the Back to the Future soundtrack was the first movie music I bought.  Footloose, The Breakfast Club, Valley Girl, Fast Times at Ridgemont High, American Graffiti, The Goonies....  so many.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Post your favourite movie/film music; the tracks that stir your emotions.  Commentary is fine but no arguments, please.  We're here to listen and enjoy. :)

I'll start with one that still puts a smile on my face from the excitement of first viewing to the warmth of memory. 

Oooooooh I knew I’d seen the name Brad Fiedel on your video before.  He composed a song used several times in Fright Night movies- first when Charley sees Jerry seducing the woman at the beginning of the film.  There’s a version where Brad Fiedel sings but I only like the instrumental.  

• Like 1

Aaaaaand while I’m at it- this song was created for a  super quirky (I loved it) movie   I posted a different song from (Black Magic by Jarvis Cocker) a few weeks ago.  It’s a goofy but catchy song that drives a part of the story in the film.  Hubby & I have learned it & will catch each other singing bits of it randomly.  It just makes me happy.

• Like 1

@Jordan Whitt  Any music from a movie that gets to you somehow is fine.  I'm really enjoying the posts so far.  This is a track from a perennial favourite of mine, The Time Machine (1961), that I watch about 4 times a year.  This track always makes me cry because it's about a constant friend who is fated to die in battle.  

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1239 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.