Nip Equality

Beth Macbain

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1412 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Not going to re-post it for essplainifications?

Nah, I'm pretty sure after I pointed it out, everyone would see it, haha.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Talligurl said:

I am pretty sure OSHA wouldn't allow this and they would not site decency as the reason.

That reminds me of a joke...

An inspector goes into a bakery, a manager walking alongside them. As they're doing their inspection they see a shirtless man pounding bread dough on his chest to kneed the dough and the inspector says "He can't do that!"

And the manager says "Oh that's nothing. You should be here when he makes the doughnuts."

The moral of the story: It ain't as bad as it could be..

#FreeTheNipple

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Beth Macbain said:

With all that is happening in the world today, this topic now seems even more ridiculous in comparison to the life-or-death fight the black community is facing right now.

I’m asking for it to be deleted. 

Why deleted as opposed to just locked?   It was a valid discussion topic.

1 minute ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Why deleted as opposed to just locked?   It was a valid discussion topic.

Because I don’t want anyone seeing this and thinking that I equate the importance of this issue with a life-or-death issue.

I was being mostly tongue in cheek when I started this thread. I believe it’s a valid issue, but there are more important fights right now. Perhaps if I had used something other than the word “equality” in the title, I wouldn’t care as much.

Now it just looks tacky to me.

13 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

Because I don’t want anyone seeing this and thinking that I equate the importance of this issue with a life-or-death issue.

I was being mostly tongue in cheek when I started this thread. I believe it’s a valid issue, but there are more important fights right now. Perhaps if I had used something other than the word “equality” in the title, I wouldn’t care as much.

it had its purpose at the time Beth.

And yes I was being an arse most of the time in the thread, but someone had to do it. 

Yes it is unfair and yes it should be changed, I just doubt LL cares enough to consider it important enough to do.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

IMO, I doubt that anyone is going to think less of you for this topic.  If we get truly technical, 95% (or more) of what we discuss here in the forums is pretty darn trivial when compared to the major events that happen in RL. 

The word 'equality' is still very fitting and not out of line.  Are women's equal rights in RL any less important than equal rights for people of all races?  In this particular topic, we often touched on the difference in how women are perceived in RL compared to men.  That is valid equality conversation, IMO.

That's my view on it anyway.  LL may agree with you and totally remove the thread, but I would still prefer it remain, whether locked or not.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

With all that is happening in the world today, this topic now seems even more ridiculous in comparison to the life-or-death fight the black community is facing right now.

I’m asking for it to be deleted. 

I like ya Beth, but...

The moment other people started posting in this thread, it was no longer yours to delete. The specter of your fingers hovering over a delete request in any future thread you start would put me off participation. Don't do it!

I understand and share your concern for the more important topics being discussed elsewhere, but Roxy's right, the rest of us can care about more than one thing at a time. Anyone who's seen your passion in this forum knows you can, too.

• Like 3

I had this conversation with my RL mom when I was 5, when Canada finally allowed women to go topless. And simply put. If it's okay for men to show bare chest, why is it not okay for women?  I don't see an issue whatsoever for women to show their bare chests as I don't look at it as sexual. That all being said, it is kinda hypocritical. A trans woman can show her bare chest to show off the development of the breasts and a breast cancer survivor can show her bare chest to show people what happened. But why not a regular old woman?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

Honestly, that argument just .. No, come on. 

What you're referring to is of course something extremely important, but to not only have the whole world stop any other communication than that, but to go back and say 'this I said back then wasn't as important as the things I try to say now, so I don't want anyone to know I said it' - it's just plain silly.

That said. Still no. If you want to post your nipples on the Internets, there are plenty of places where you're free to do so - just like if anyone wants to view nipples, they too can go to those sites. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1412 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.