Nip Equality

Beth Macbain

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1411 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

Am I on ignore, or where you simply not up for the task of explaining why it's beneficial for women? 

Of course you're not!

But no, currently I'm not - it's 06.51 and I'm going to bed. If the thread isn't locked by tomorrow, and I got nothing better to do, I may take a moment to elaborate. Or I might just go back to watching the spectacle of people screaming at each other, perhaps even pop myself some popcorn and crack open a beer if the thread goes 'hot'. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Beth Macbain said:

So basically what you're saying is that you came here to be disruptive. You don't even necessarily disagree with my stance on this issue. You were just... what? Conducting an experiment? No, you're trolling, and now you've admitted you're trolling. 

When I first started posting in these forums, I took some flack for admitting that I enjoy a good heated debate. I do, truly. Luna calls me intense. I am on some subjects. I'm also a writer and I like to write and I like to use lots and lots of words. I can see how that would make some see me as intense, but it's really more about just being long-winded. I like to make my points, and I like to back them up. I never start an argument with someone just for fun. If I disagree with something someone says, it's because I truly disagree. I'm not doing it just to be an ass about it. 

I posted something in the Forum Feedback section because that's where it belongs. I could have gone straight to Patch with it. I didn't because Governance answers to him and it would have been disrespectful to Kristin and the rest of her team to go straight over their heads to the boss. I also wanted to see what the rest of the forum community thought about this particular issue. I had every intention of going to the inworld Governance meeting last week but I was feeling down in the dumps and didn't feel like logging in. I posted here instead. I never demanded a thing. I asked a question. I didn't demand that LL do what I want. 

Some of us have tried to have an actual discussion. Some of us have even disagreed. Orwar and Ayela, despite being on the opposite side of the fence from me, showed that it's actually possible to disagree about things and not make it ugly. It might have gotten a wee bit heated a couple of times, but it didn't completely go in the trash until you decided to come here and just oppose me (and pretty much everyone else) simply to be a contrarian. Not because you had a valid argument you cared to make - you simply wanted to disrupt things. Hell, Luna and I can't stand each other, but we're also adult enough to concede when the other has a good point. You, though... you came here with intent to derail the topic. 

That's trolling. That's intentionally disrupting the activities on the forum because you've decided someone is getting too big for her britches. Really? Really?! 

This particular section of the forums moves slowly. There was absolutely no danger of this falling off the front page. The next post to fall off this page is from September. 

I didn't go straight to Patch with the nipple issue, but I might with the issue of your trolling the forums. It's becoming your shtick, even in a thread where acquaintances of a frequent poster are concerned about her well being. To what purpose? To tell people they're being pansies for being concerned about someone? That's just sad, truly. 

Anyway, thanks for taking this topic and destroying it. You should be proud of yourself. Did you take me down a couple notches? 

No, you didn't. Sorry. You just made yourself look sad and desperate for attention, and I'm certain you're going to tell me that I'm completely wrong about that, too. The topic of your happiness, or lack thereof, is actually not something I'm intense or passionate about, though, so I'm done here. 

Have a nice summer. 

When I saw this thread again, I thought to post, "My, this thread has certainly been nipped in the bud." And that would have been funny. Until I came across your post here, and learned why this thread got cut short. :( Sorry that happened.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Orwar said:

Of course you're not!

But no, currently I'm not - it's 06.51 and I'm going to bed. If the thread isn't locked by tomorrow, and I got nothing better to do, I may take a moment to elaborate. Or I might just go back to watching the spectacle of people screaming at each other, perhaps even pop myself some popcorn and crack open a beer if the thread goes 'hot'. 

I might get an answer if you got nothing better to do? Okay. 

• Haha 1

I don' t understand the fuzz .. Published a female nipple right in the open for everyone to see and no comments or actions were made or taken.

I guess it' s all about perception. Also don' t understand why this is a topic to filter nipples from either sex.

There are worse things in life or SL to be bickering about.

Edited by TDD123
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

And therefore you don't hold the card of credibility.

i never was trying too. Its not on me to provide the proof there is people, when its obvious that there would be. to think that there would not be shows how stupid a person can be. for almost everything done here in sl or on the forums there is a group that would find it objectionable at some point in time.

Edited by Drakonadrgora Darkfold

9 hours ago, Annie Nova said:

YOU bought it up, so yes the burden of proof is for you to provide. Anyway, since we all know this is just your way of destroying a thread, this is as far as I go with you and your antics. Blessed Be. OH! and don't bother responding, as I will NOT answer. I have far to many NICE things to do as opposed to being here debating with an obvious troll. 

No I dont.

Because I like to sing Kumbaya and hug people [yes, sarcasm font], I thought it would be nice to post something positive in this thread. Well, actually, @Beth Macbain did, above, about how this topic was discussed well by both sides, albeit not so much from the third point of view in roving deep left field. This thread has made me feel so much better about myself. When things are ify I worry that I spend too much time in the Forum. I usually have something to say when I'm here, whether it is deeply meaningful or not, at least it has some point, if only to goof around with other Forumites. But even I have more going on in my life than to have endless amounts of time to just post endlessly about nothing, and that's what I realized with this thread. Yay! I'm not that nuts! Thank you, Beth, for your self-affirming thread. :) (Actually this is the second or third such self-affirming thread in a few days. I'm amazed that some folks have the time. I'm imagining computers located next to fridges and desk chairs that are also portable toilets.)

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Oh, @Beth Macbain, I was just now commenting about this thread to someone when I realized something. Most people have totally forgotten about the my.secondlife.com feed. Certainly LL seems to have. Well, over there, in the Wild West, Topless Tuesday can still be a thing. That is an official LL/SL place. fwiw, and so might be applicable to talking over-arching policy. It might be a useful bit of information when discussing things. ?

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Thanks 2

It's funny really, how the nipple seems to be like the cherry on a cake. The cherry on it's own might not be so appealing, but the cake, with it's soft firmness makes it more naughty and appealing. 

I'm just always hungry, maybe I have a tapeworm.

• Haha 2

So basically this boils down to not just nipples, but wether fipples or mipples differ enough in perceived obscenity for one to be censored permanently yet the other not ? :D

DON' T ask me which is which .. :|

My English comprehension was so low I believed for a long time nipples were a fruit. Like the word apples. I still don' t get a lot about the English speaking world. This thread is proof to me of just that.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Oh, @Beth Macbain, I was just now commenting about this thread to someone when I realized something. Most people have totally forgotten about the my.secondlife.com feed. Certainly LL seems to have. Well, over there, in the Wild West, Topless Tuesday can still be a thing. That is an official LL/SL place. fwiw. But it might be a useful bit of information when discussing things. ?

what happens in world compared to the forums is less see-able by the public which is why its more acceptable by ll. there is a difference between the two and what is allowed between them.

on another note some sims uses to have a pants-off friday years ago and ll never did anything about it, but again that was because you had to be logged in to the viewer to see it. where these forums do not require anyone to be logged into to see what is being shown on them. so there are different rules for each on what is accepted or allowed.

• Like 2

On 5/14/2020 at 11:59 PM, Beth Macbain said:

LL is a very progressive company

Too progressive IMO...

I imagine women boxers fighting topless, if that goes on... :D

Why then you wear clothes at all? Go naked! I dont mind. lol :D

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TDD123 said:

So basically this boils down to not just nipples, but wether fipples or mipples differ enough in perceived obscenity for one to be censored permanently yet the other not ? :D

I think what it boils down to is that what males perceive as sexual has become the default. Women want more control over their own bodies...to define their own breasts however they choose.

• Like 3

Just now, Luna Bliss said:

I think what it boils down to is that what males perceive as sexual has become the default.

Nonsense. If women would pose with erected nipples ( you know those used inworld ) here, pointing with their 2 indexes at their nipples with a certain look and smile, they would NOT be critisized by other women ? :|

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TDD123 said:
3 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

I think what it boils down to is that what males perceive as sexual has become the default.

Nonsense. If women would pose with erected nipples ( you know those used inworld ) here, pointing with their 2 indexes at their nipples with a certain look and smile, they would NOT be critisized by other women ? :|

Not quite sure what your example means here.

But...women are affected by the socialization process, want to fit in and find a partner, and so tend to go along with what men want until they develop their identity in later years.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

It means that standards about what is considered sexual or not are ' dictated'  by BOTH sexes. Our better .. the moral majority is not a single sex body.

If I understand correctly you are saying those women who might object to those posing their nipples in a sexual way are opressed ?

Luna ..

.. what ? :|

Edited by TDD123
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TDD123 said:
4 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

It means that standards about what is considered sexual or not is ' dictated'  by BOTH sexes. Our better .. the moral majority is not a single sex body.

If I understand correctly you are saying those women who might object to those posing their nipples in a sexual way are opressed ?

Luna ..

.. what ? :|

Again, not quite sure what you mean, but yes....women are oppressed... because they're socialized (still) to please men too much instead of developing their own identity.  This is why the standards/rules in society tend to favor men's version of what is deemed sexual.

Men are oppressed in other ways too, however, due to their own socialization.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Luna Bliss said:

This is why the standards/rules in society tend to favor men's version of what is deemed sexual.

And, to hopefully stay on topic, you are of the opinion Lindenlab bases it' s policy in these forums on this 'standard'  and therefore allows mipples, but never fipples ?

Do I understand this correctly ?  You find LL reflects a standard in RL ? I have a hard time believing here your society actually thinks this way.

3 minutes ago, TDD123 said:
7 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

This is why the standards/rules in society tend to favor men's version of what is deemed sexual.

And, to hopefully stay on topic, you are of the opinion Lindenlab bases it' s policy in these forums on this 'standard'  and therefore allows mipples, but never fipples ?

Do I understand this correctly ?  You find LL reflects a standard in RL ? I have a hard time believing here your society actually thinks this way.

You're saying it's different in your country?  Where do you live?

* We are very much affected by a kind of puritanical Christianity here.

Edited by Luna Bliss

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1411 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.