Make Us Laugh!

1 hour ago, Persephone Emerald said:

If you know who Clint Eastwood is, you probably think of him as a tough action hero or Right Wing American Conserative. But did you know he once starred in a musical-comedy western called "Paint Your Wagon", in which he sang a song titled "I Talk to the Trees"? His character was also in a polyamorous "marriage" with Lee Marvin and Jean Seberg's characters. It was a pretty liberal movie for the time, despite being a western.

Makes sense, there'd be a shortage of women and housing in Ye Olde West, forcing men to share women and beds.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Ardy Lay said:

This reminds me of a story my father told me about a newlywed coworker and the result of his new wife preparing his traditional egg sandwich lunch for him.

And your post in turn reminds me of when an ex-boyfriend of mine was tasked with making sandwiches for his five year old daughter's lunchbox, and when he asked her what she would like inside her sandwiches and she said "Marmite", he spread it as thickly as jam and then wondered why she didn't eat them.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Ardy Lay said:

This reminds me of a story my father told me about a newlywed coworker and the result of his new wife preparing his traditional egg sandwich lunch for him.

What's the story / joke? She left the shell on the egg? Put the whole egg on the sandwich without slicing it (similar to the cake)?

A few years after the war, the British were trying to figure out how to rebuild relations with Germany, as well as repairing the public view of the Germans after the Blitz. It was thought that building on cultural common interests might be a good place to start, and so it was decided that a German conductor was to be invited to direct a British orchestra, performing a variety of English and German music in the Royal Albert Hall. When the day came, the orchestra was on-site for introductions as an elderly man with impressive, white moustaches was led onto the stage. The man looked around the hall with a sense of wonder on his face, and was heard half-muttering to himself:
  - "Mein Gott, how did ve miss zhis?!"

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

What's the story / joke? She left the shell on the egg? Put the whole egg on the sandwich without slicing it (similar to the cake)?

Fried egg sandwich was two eggs "sunny-side up" between two slices of toast, with bacon, mayonnaise and pepper.  The only part she got wrong was the egg was expected to be "fried hard" and not still liquid yolk.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Dogwitheyebrows.jpg.b5ccca2250695d10e92e7b5a2b692d66.jpg

Picture of a dog after the kid drew on eyebrows with a marker.

That's fun to do with the dogs running about the neighborhood, but just the friendly ones.  I don't recommend face time with unfriendly dogs.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Spelling is important.

Writing someone that "you're busy" has a different meaning than "your bussy".

One can be busy with it though.

TIL a new word from the English language.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

In California,

Yeah, no = No. I understand what you're saying, but I don't agree or won't do that.

No, yeah = Yes. I agree with you about someone or something else being wrong.

No, yeah, no = Definitely no.

Yeah, no, totally = Yes, I agree with you about someone or something else being wrong.

Yeah, right. = Sarcastically No. You are wrong, - or alternatively, I totally agree with you. ( The difference depends on subtle inflection differences.)

Yeah, yeah, yeah = Whatever. Just stop talking. I'm not going to agree to that.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
Change link to YouTube video
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3