Lindens to Reveal 5th Home Theme at Home & Garden Expo - 10am slt Friday Feb 28

Nuala Maracas

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1567 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

02/26/2020

The American Cancer Society is excited to host the 5th Linden Home Reveal as part of the 2020 SL Home & Garden Expo. Residents are welcome to take a tour of the new Linden Home theme that will become available at 10am SLT on Friday, February 28, 2020. Residents can land on the American Cancer Society Island and walk to the Reveal region following the directional signs from there.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/American%20Cancer%20Society/128/128/25

“We are always grateful for our relationship with Linden Lab and are honored to host the Themed Home Reveals,” says Stingray9798 Raymaker, American Cancer Society staff Director in Second Life. “We hope to use this opportunity as a way to educate the residents of Second Life that the American Cancer Society is here to help cancer patients and caregivers from around the world, and to give our Second Life community a means to fight back against a disease that has taken too much.”

This marks the 5th Linden Home theme that will be added to the Bellisseria community, alongside the previous 4 themes: traditional, trailers, houseboats, and Victorian. Residents of Bellisserria are sharing theories with one another in the Bellisserria forum and a queue of avatars has been sighted on the American Cancer Society island.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 14

2 hours ago, Nuala Maracas said:

Residents are welcome to take a tour of the new Linden Home theme that will become available at 10am SLT on Friday, February 28, 2020. Residents can land on the American Cancer Society Island and walk to the Reveal region following the directional signs from there.

Hints and stalking are fun and all, but I cannot tell you what a relief it is to simply be told the date and time of the theme reveal.  For me,  I wish this same policy could be followed with future reveals and even releases.  So nice to be communicated with as an adult, who may want to actually plan their time.

Thank you.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 6

1 hour ago, karynmaria said:

I hope someone will post some pictures tomorrow for those of us who have to work during the reveal. Pretty, pretty please :) .

I'm pretty sure there will be a fair few pictures posted. I'll probably post one or two myself if I can get to the reveal. I've no doubt the forums will provide plenty of info to catch up on for anyone who can't get there today:)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Patch showed up at our pre-reveal party earlier and said something that suggests to me we may be having a little more today then just a preview.

Patch Linden: It's gonna be a busy morning right before and into the launch....  I'll be on Lab Gab initially as everything starts to go out though

I could of course be interpreting it wrong, but that sounds like there will be an actual release today...

• Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Christhiana said:

Patch showed up at our pre-reveal party earlier and said something that suggests to me we may be having a little more today then just a preview.

Patch Linden: It's gonna be a busy morning right before and into the launch....  I'll be on Lab Gab initially as everything starts to go out though

I could of course be interpreting it wrong, but that sounds like there will be an actual release today...

That can't be true, can it? Can they release regions just with a snap of the fingers? Nothing is built.... I hope that means they will open some more regions for the public. (to walk in) If it is a very different landscape. 

Edited by Marianne Little
added a few words

39 people waiting in the ACS region at this moment, 2 hours before the reveal.  Region max is 60, still a little room if y'all feel the need!  Daniel Voyager has blogged about it, and Strawberry has pointed to his blog from the LL main blog, so I'm sure he'll be posting pics.  And I rely on forum folks to do the same!

Currently, there are 6 green dots in the SSP1001-1035 regions, about standard for this week.  Some script Mole is up debugging something unfamiliar-looking (once again) in SSP83X.  Otherwise, all is quiet in Belli, except for the rustling noises of people packing up their Vics JUST in case. :)

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

Lol.  Hey!  Everybody waiting in that region!

WEAR YOUR WEIRDEST AVATAR!      Y'ALL ARE GONNA BE BLOGGED!

I wanna see SL in all its glorous oddity :)

/me glances longingly at her old melting blob avie, but can't go inworld atm

I'm already wearing mine..old system avatar...lol...I will resist updating to mesh body as long as I have breathe....😁

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Christhiana said:

That does sort of sound like an actual release of some sort, but a release of the new theme at the same time as the reveal (or even within a few hours of it) would be pretty odd.

Especially since there is a much higher chance of problems when doing the first release of a new theme and today is Friday.

I guess time will tell.

ETA:  I might have to actually take a break from work right around 10:00 SLT - which is 11:00 am my time, so could be an early lunch.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

That does sort of sound like an actual release of some sort, but a release of the new theme at the same time as the reveal (or even within a few hours of it) would be pretty odd.

Especially since there is a much higher chance of problems when doing the first release of a new theme and today is Friday.

I guess time will tell.

Maybe he means to release a big lot of victorian regions later today.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

More stuff to unpack!

New pic?  Those windows1

That looks like it will be some sort of home with high ceilings, lots of windows, and very open floor plan ---- i.e. more like the Meadowbrook homes that lots of folks were asking for, only a bit more modern.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Christhiana said:

54 minutes ago, Christhiana said:

Maybe he means to release a big lot of victorian regions later today.

Apparently this was just in chat:

image.png.7de05955d6c65ace5e344f3d0777cb85.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1567 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.