(Rant?) I just want a dance.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1520 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

8 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I'm not paying for it. It was your idea to begin with.

Can't say I blame you lol. If I had the L$'s I'd have done it, kinda sporadic fool I am at times but dragging two avi's into the SL 2020 world has been a costly business without an in-world or out- world job!
Besides, I was just trying to deflect the thread back on track from the 'Wodehouse' thing due to only being clued up on 'Conan the Barbarian' and David Gemmell books and it was hurting my head!  😔

On 2/26/2020 at 3:56 AM, Dano Seale said:

Can't say I blame you lol. If I had the L$'s I'd have done it, kinda sporadic fool I am at times but dragging two avi's into the SL 2020 world has been a costly business without an in-world or out- world job!
Besides, I was just trying to deflect the thread back on track from the 'Wodehouse' thing due to only being clued up on 'Conan the Barbarian' and David Gemmell books and it was hurting my head!  😔

sailormoon.png

• Haha 2

On 2/19/2020 at 12:30 AM, Rhonda Huntress said:

What do you think?  Which avatar would you approach if you saw them both at a club? Or am I just paranoid?

Depends on the profile information. Could that be a factor? If the profile says "no drama" you can bet that they will bring it. On the other hand "Love to dance and have great conversation" is inviting IMHO.

On 2/18/2020 at 9:30 PM, Rhonda Huntress said:

So, let's start with the usual suspects.  Me, the tall redhead on the left and my alt Maybie, the short blond.

20200218_015.thumb.jpg.44fae3f8340d024f25625e25f9025fc5.jpg

So here's the thing ... I can't get a dance partner when I go out alone.  Well, I *can* but it never ends well if I approach the man.  I won't approach a woman unless there is some obvious group or comment in her profile that would show her as wanting same sex attention.  However it seems most women who would like a woman to dance with have brought their own.  If I don't make the first move I may as well be a bar stool because no one IM's me.  Very rarely I get "hi" from some guy and even if I say hi back, it's silence ... OK, so let's say I do IM a guy and ask him to dance with me.  For some reason that means we are going out exclusively and I should put him in my profile immediately. Friend request comes before the 3rd song and him leaving in a huff calling me a tease, *****, ***** or ***** for good measure follows shorty after.

I just want a dance and a chat.  Is that really so much to ask?  A little talking, hopefully a laugh and to spend a little time listening to music.

Part 2.

Maybie, on the other hand, gets offers.  She also asks others to dance with no issues.  If she does not say anything -- well, talking in local chat so people know she is not AFK -- she will have a dance/chat partner within 30 minutes.  Men and women both approach her.  Very few pressure her beyond the occasional friend request at the end of the night.  Even when I let them know she is not my main.

I guess I'm saying that I am jealous of my alt.  But what I want to know is, why the big difference?  Is Rhonda too imposing?  Is it just having a partner in my profile but not Maybie's?  Or is it that she looks (and acts) a bit more meek and submissive?  Then again it may just be my perception since I am on Rhonda for hours often by myself but Maybie goes right to the venue and says hello to everyone.

Anyway.

What do you think?  Which avatar would you approach if you saw them both at a club? Or am I just paranoid?

I personally think the difference is the no partner in the profile and perhaps the name Maybie sounds like you might be an open person but not always which gives a bit of challenge and a puzzle.  Men like challenges I've heard but I don't know if there is any truth in that statement.  I don't know if women like challenges in the same way men do or if there is any validity in what I'm saying about challenges.  Nevertheless, the name Maybie sounds intriguing.  

I think blondes in general are thought to be more open to fun but I don't know if that is true either.

Also, wanted to add...if you have any dance partner...go to Etosha...there is a dance there where the one on the male pose ball throws the female up in the air and then catches her.  That is a way cool dance animation.  You'd have to choose play all to find it or ask one of the owner's if they know the name of the animation.  Etosha's dances if you choose play all are the best I've encountered in SL....way more than hip grinding (snore...lol) but choose play all.  

Edited by FairreLilette

26 minutes ago, Synapse Zabelin said:

if the profile says "no drama" you can bet that they will bring it

My profile:

Proud owner of clover jinx; my loving kitty, my precious pet and the only girl I will ever need.

My favorite part of SL is being introduced to all the cultures of the world. I love to listen to music, chat and dance with other women and men. It keeps me from feeding my shopping addiction.

-Live Music _________ -Pushy people
-Dancing ___________ -Dull knives
-Human macramé ___ -Yeast Infections

Maybie's profile:

Don't ***** with me or my family and I won't cut you.
NO DRAMA!
Don't even think about clicking on me.  I have show look at turned on and I can tell who is looking at me.
I am just honest me. 
If you have a different opinion about anything you can go ***** yourself.
Gurlz only!  Srry, guys 😛

if you are against animal cruelty, put this dog in your profile

,-.___,-.
\_/_ _\_/
  )O_O(
 { (_) }
  `-^-' 

No .... wait.   That's just what I see a lot of.

[ETA]
Wow, I just noticed her picks are ancient!
I could use those for the decade challenge.

Edited by Rhonda Huntress
  • Haha 7

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1520 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.