(Rant?) I just want a dance.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1517 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

(Which I haven't done so I have no idea what is there.)

have a few:)

1: European guy
Romantic
Calm and down to earth
You managed to come to here... why not hit the box and say hi ?

2: Dutch guy
welcome to say hi....
drop me a line if you want to find out more

3: Open to lot of things, but have my limits and likes.
To find out...? ..... Ask
Open for chat, meet and more, take your time and aim carefully, you got only one first impression to show..
no interest in random friendrequests.

4: not many secrets to hide . .
feel welcome to say hi, and find out :)
if i miss your message in local chat don't hold back and send a IM.

see? no grumpy :)

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Oh, poor lamb!

Well, don't look to me. I'm a wallflower.

Oh don't fret. I have my CFM 'girlie' alt for that kind of thing IF I feel like dancing! 😁 She'll get more IM's asking to dance then she gets group notices for the cheap sales at weekends!

40 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Is physical attraction necessarily the same thing as sexual attraction?

I can certainly imagine wanting to dance with a very attractive person, but that doesn't necessarily imply that I'm interested in sex. Flirting, of course, is different, but then flirting is frequently a kind of "safe" way of expressing attraction or even desire. I flirt all the time, but I'm not looking for sex.

In my opinion, you can't have one without the other. There may be varying scales of WHY you may be attracted to someone. I believe that, contrary to popular belief, everyone judges a book by it's cover and all 'attraction' has it's roots in whether or not we'd like to sleep with that person after everything else is out of the way. We may never do it, we may just have a dance, a few drinks and get a taxi home, but unless our brains decide "yeah...I'd jump that!", consciously or subconsciously....we don't make the move/respond well!

49 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I flirt all the time, but I'm not looking for sex.

The problems don't start with why you may be flirting, they start with how the other person translates it! Depending on the people involved and how well they may know each other or not, the chance of an awkward time is always on the horizon! IMO.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Dano Seale said:

In my opinion, you can't have one without the other.

Perhaps not during first impressions, but some of the men who have been in my life over the years who, when I first met them, did nothing for me physically but then as I got to know them - BAM - they turned into the sexiest creatures ever in my eyes. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Beth Macbain said:

Perhaps not during first impressions, but some of the men who have been in my life over the years who, when I first met them, did nothing for me physically but then as I got to know them - BAM - they turned into the sexiest creatures ever in my eyes. 

Ok, you're just weird then!...………..Fancy a dance?  😎

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Dano Seale said:

The problems don't start with why you may be flirting, they start with how the other person translates it! Depending on the people involved and how well they may know each other or not, the chance of an awkward time is always on the horizon! IMO.

Yep, that is indeed always a concern. It's a delicate balance.

Mostly I only flirt with men I know, and who know me well enough to understand how to read it. Flirting with someone I've just met -- at least, more heavy-duty flirting (batting one's eyelashes in a becoming fashion is always allowed) -- is definitely much more dangerous.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dano Seale said:

Ok, you're just weird then!...………..Fancy a dance?  😎

I am exceptionally weird and wouldn't have it any other way. 

Alas, my dance card is full. I'm also one of the weird ones who sees a dance as a prelude to naughty times, and my naughty times are reserved for one particular fella these days. 

But thank you for asking!

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, Dano Seale said:

I've had pretty good luck flirting... with everybody.

That should surprise no one, I run an institute to advance the practice.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

My first husband was the opposite.  Physically he was, well, impressive.  Emotionally he was just not there.  He also devolved from the good time man to a raging alcoholic.  But that's all another story.

With my 2nd husband (will be 30 years in June) I have had more people tell me they didn't get us as a couple until they really got to know Jax.  Our senses of humor play off of each other so well.  He is no chod or anything like that but he is just not the pretty boy I was usually attracted to when I was young and stupid.  And I wouldn't trade him for anyone else.

• Like 10

43 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

/me cries .. i know...was next to you for quite some time at the hangout

Were you actually there???

If you were, I apologize! I would have at least like to have said hello!

(I was too busy trying not to trip over my ridiculous princess gown to do much else.)

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Were you actually there???

If you were, I apologize! I would have at least like to have said hello!

(I was too busy trying not to trip over my ridiculous princess gown to do much else.)

incognito  :)  the guy in black dancing next to Rhonda, i rarely appear as Alwin in public areas

Edited by Alwin Alcott
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yep, that is indeed always a concern. It's a delicate balance.

Mostly I only flirt with men I know, and who know me well enough to understand how to read it. Flirting with someone I've just met -- at least, more heavy-duty flirting (batting one's eyelashes in a becoming fashion is always allowed) -- is definitely much more dangerous.

Doesn't all this reprehensible behaviour also risk getting you banned from the feminists guild?....Shocking!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Dano Seale said:

Doesn't all this reprehensible behaviour also risk getting you banned from the feminists guild?....Shocking!

lol cuz feminists don't flirt?

Trust me when I tell you that there is nothing at all wrong with the feminist libido.

(On the other hand, wanting to be asked to dance would definitely earn me demerit points, if anyone knew. But you're not going to tell, are you?)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

But you're not going to tell, are you?

Lips sealed! 👍

19 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

One of my most successful flirting experiences involved recounting the "wibble" scene from Blackadder. I know what boys like.

Does that actually work on any non-Brit's?  😆

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1517 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.