What are you listening to?

1 hour ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I tried to find music videos of women sitting around rating men that walk by on their physical attractiveness - like the only reason they exist is to please a woman's eye.

I feel like this exists, but I'm currently drawing a blank.

Wait, I lied. Try Princess Nokia (not the safest for work - language):

1 hour ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

And Missy Elliot proving a hot woman is a strong and confident woman, not just one who shows a bunch of skin

Now this I can help with, if you find yourself in need of more to listen to. Fair warning: genres are all over the place.

My personal faves - Sevdaliza, Angel Haze, Lady Leshurr, Peaches, Greentea Peng, PJ Harvey, Björk, Fiona Apple, Vernon Jane, M.I.A., Janelle Monáe.

Two random vids from that bunch:

Lady Leshurr (a huge Missy fan):

Greentea Peng (she's a whole VIBE):

• Like 1

On 4/5/2024 at 2:54 PM, archangel969 said:

Il pleut (It's raining) from Patty Trossel/La Pat:

For French and Dutch speakers, this is a funny song because it sounds French but is in fact full of Dutch words.
The original is by the famous Dutch conferencer Toon Hermans (1916-2000).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Betty Davis, married to Miles Davis for a year before it broke down because Miles thought she had an affair with Jimi Hendrix. She was the model on the cover of the Filles de Kilimanjaro album.

She went on to make some incredible funk albums, but did not get airplay because of her controversial sexual lyrical content.

Maybe ahead of her time, but her music still stands out .... I just discovered it today.

This is first track on a playlist of the They Say I'm Different album.  

Edited by Aethelwine
  • Like 3

Monday morning, after checking messages I open You Tube and the first video I see and hear is Billie's Bounce, famous Charlie Parker Bebop tune. Played by the band Joan Chamorro. Look at all those youngsters !

Great start of a new week !

• Like 1