What are you listening to?

Like nearly every other 80s teenager this was of course my song when it came out:

Even though I hated pop music at the time. That said I listen back to the good music of the 80s and a lot of it was really good - genre regardless.

The side note here is the band hated performing this song and didn't want to make it. It was one of their only songs in their repertoire that they did not write but which was written by a songwriter for the Breakfast club movie who was a big fan of theirs. Over time they have come to appreciate the song.

• Like 1

Sometimes I'm really into nerdcore. The juxtaposition of boastful tracks mixed with mythology or other nerdy culture just tickles me. Been listening to one song almost on repeat. Maybe because it's just a fun character (to read about, not to meet, the monkey king is a bonafide jackass).

10 hours ago, UnilWay SpiritWeaver said:

Like nearly every other 80s teenager this was of course my song when it came out:

Even though I hated pop music at the time. That said I listen back to the good music of the 80s and a lot of it was really good - genre regardless.

The side note here is the band hated performing this song and didn't want to make it. It was one of their only songs in their repertoire that they did not write but which was written by a songwriter for the Breakfast club movie who was a big fan of theirs. Over time they have come to appreciate the song.

I've always felt this should have been a Bowie only. They should have taken pride in performing such a beautiful piece of music. A fan favorite that they managed to almost top Bowie on it. 

I mean, I like Billy's rendition of the three, but...

Edited by Silent Mistwalker