Wanted: In-World non-RP, non-Sexy Spa for Women (but Men Can Come Too If They Insist and Agree to Abide by Certain Important Rules)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1598 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi!!

First time poster here, but I've lurked a lot! 😊😊😊 😊😊😊 😊😊😊

I hope this is the right place to ask this!

Ok, so @Eva Knoller and I have come up with the idea that a "Spa Night" (or evening, or afternoon, or whatever) would be a kind of fun get-together for some of the forumites.

Ideally, we would like:

• Manicures / Pedicures
  • Massages
  • A (largish) hot tub
  • A sauna

The last two or maybe three are probably especially important. Other things would also be welcome! (But not facials, cuz apparently that means something totally different here. 😨)

We've both done a bit of searching in-world, and are having a difficult time finding anything that isn't geared towards *cough* "adult" activities. I've looked here on the forums too, and most references seem to be to RP sims.

Does anyone know of a nice place or places for these sorts of things? We'd be happy to mix-and-match (e.g., get massages one place, and go somewhere else for the sauna). Cute and/or attractive would also be pretty important.

Thanks in advance for your ideas! You people are awesomeI

🥰

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Hi!!

First time poster here, but I've lurked a lot! 😊😊😊 😊😊😊 😊😊😊

I hope this is the right place to ask this!

Ok, so @Eva Knoller and I have come up with the idea that a "Spa Night" (or evening, or afternoon, or whatever) would be a kind of fun get-together for some of the forumites.

Ideally, we would like:

• Manicures / Pedicures
  • Massages
  • A (largish) hot tub
  • A sauna

The last two or maybe three are probably especially important. Other things would also be welcome! (But not facials, cuz apparently that means something totally different here. 😨)

We've both done a bit of searching in-world, and are having a difficult time finding anything that isn't geared towards *cough* "adult" activities. I've looked here on the forums too, and most references seem to be to RP sims.

Does anyone know of a nice place or places for these sorts of things? We'd be happy to mix-and-match (e.g., get massages one place, and go somewhere else for the sauna). Cute and/or attractive would also be pretty important.

Thanks in advance for your ideas! You people are awesomeI

🥰

We had a sub boy living on our sim a while back, my girl and her friends put in a spa and he'd RP pampering them.  No sex because, well, none of the girls liked sub boys.  They enjoyed it, but, alas, with no Mistresses, he eventually moved on.

• Like 1

Of course, you can create informal spots like that anywhere. Some of my closest SL friends get together for an hour or so a couple of times a week just to do underwater Tai Chi in my pond or go dancing in a friend's wooded copse.  It's not really for the exercise or the dancing, but for trading silly stories and commiserating about our failing washing machines or sharing vacation plans.  It's "I won't touch your hot buttons; don't touch mine" time.

• Like 3

This sounds like something I might actually show up for. Being as I'm notorious for not showing up for things.More because of my work schedule which is heinous due to having a llong commute and then being tired by the time I get home. But having said all that, I'd offer my land also, but not sure if the person I rent from is keen on having groups hanging out there other than residents. I sure do have a lot of spa stuff in my inventory though so if anyone wants to put something together, for a group to do it, I'm happy to rez it out. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tolya Ugajin said:

We had a sub boy living on our sim a while back, my girl and her friends put in a spa and he'd RP pampering them.  No sex because, well, none of the girls liked sub boys.  They enjoyed it, but, alas, with no Mistresses, he eventually moved on.

I'm very confused by this story, and now I feel bad for the sub.

We MAY be in the market for a masseur or masseuse, however.

1 hour ago, Elora Lunasea said:

This sounds like something I might actually show up for. Being as I'm notorious for not showing up for things.More because of my work schedule which is heinous due to having a llong commute and then being tired by the time I get home. But having said all that, I'd offer my land also, but not sure if the person I rent from is keen on having groups hanging out there other than residents. I sure do have a lot of spa stuff in my inventory though so if anyone wants to put something together, for a group to do it, I'm happy to rez it out. 

Excellent, Elora! It would be lovely to have you there! And the offer of spa stuff may end up being very helpful: maybe if we can find a place to put whatever you have?

Finding a day and time that permits everyone who wants to attend may be a challenge, but surely we can figure something out?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Seicher Rae said:

So... it would be a bunch of women avatars on furniture with poses and while sitting around they'd gossip solve world problems?

Yep!

That's just crazy enough to work.

Well, I think so.

Don't forget the food and drinks, emphasis on the drinks.

These are magic ingredients that are, for some unfathomable reason, too often absent from RL spas. Go figure.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

These are magic ingredients that are, for some unfathomable reason, too often absent from RL spas. Go figure.

You might be going to the wrong salons/spas then. Even my nail salon serves wine. And all they do is mani-pedi, brow wax and chair massage. Full spa should -always- have lovely snacks and drinks!

• Like 1

I would love to help!  For fun, I have created a few places just as you describe and I would love to invite visitors to enjoy.  Please take a look at my Picks:  #4 Lyuba's Beauty has a ground floor hair and nail salon with an upstairs Pilates Cadillac machine and a massage area with "scenes" including wine, chocolate, and aroma therapy.  This is located in a Germanic town square.  On the snow-covered mountainside, in #5 Lyuba's Sauna, I have a barrel sauna with an adjoining hot tub warmed over an open fire.  As a bonus, in #1 Lyuba's Yoga Barre & Boutique you will find and upstairs yoga studio and a Zen meditation room.  All equipment and animations are PG and the region is rated as Mature, not Adult.  The region is part of CDS, the Confederation of Democratic Simulators; it  has a theme but we are not a RP community.  This is not any kind of business, I don't sell any kind of products or services and I don't have any staff.  The places were all fun creative projects to bring experiences that I enjoy into SL.  They are great fun to meet and chat with friends; I love taking turns doing hair or nails while we talk about items of the day.  I have long wanted to do some "spa night" events but I never got to it.  If you enjoy the spaces, and might like to make a regular use of it, I would be happy to help accommodate your friends.  While I don't have any chatty NPCs, I'd love to meet and chat with you and your friends in-world!

❤️  Lyubov  (20180414 Resident)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, 20180414 said:

I would love to help!  For fun, I have created a few places just as you describe and I would love to invite visitors to enjoy.  Please take a look at my Picks:  #4 Lyuba's Beauty has a ground floor hair and nail salon with an upstairs Pilates Cadillac machine and a massage area with "scenes" including wine, chocolate, and aroma therapy.  This is located in a Germanic town square.  On the snow-covered mountainside, in #5 Lyuba's Sauna, I have a barrel sauna with an adjoining hot tub warmed over an open fire.  As a bonus, in #1 Lyuba's Yoga Barre & Boutique you will find and upstairs yoga studio and a Zen meditation room.  All equipment and animations are PG and the region is rated as Mature, not Adult.  The region is part of CDS, the Confederation of Democratic Simulators; it  has a theme but we are not a RP community.  This is not any kind of business, I don't sell any kind of products or services and I don't have any staff.  The places were all fun creative projects to bring experiences that I enjoy into SL.  They are great fun to meet and chat with friends; I love taking turns doing hair or nails while we talk about items of the day.  I have long wanted to do some "spa night" events but I never got to it.  If you enjoy the spaces, and might like to make a regular use of it, I would be happy to help accommodate your friends.  While I don't have any chatty NPCs, I'd love to meet and chat with you and your friends in-world!

❤️  Lyubov  (20180414 Resident)

Thank you, Lyobov! This is very kind and generous of you! We'll definitely check it out, and I or Eva will be in touch.

(I know a little about the CDS, as I have a friend who is, I'm pretty, still a resident there. It's always sounded like a very cool place!)

6 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

How would a massage work in a swimsuit? Hmmmm . . .

There are plenty of spas that will allow those who are shy to remain in a swim suit or keep underwear on. They just work around the covered areas. Some forms of massage are typically done while clothed entirely - Thai specifically because no oils/lotions are used and it's more of a stretching technique.

People have so many varying levels of comfort with their bodies. For me personally, I hate trying on clothing in a communal dressing room but have no issue with being nude for a massage. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yep!

Well, I think so.

FYI, Canyon Ranch spas have lovely, healthy restaurants. I was at the one in Las Vegas a couple of times (highly recommend!) and being able to sit afterwards, have a light meal and not rush away from the experience was a nice treat 👍

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1598 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.