Wanted: In-World non-RP, non-Sexy Spa for Women (but Men Can Come Too If They Insist and Agree to Abide by Certain Important Rules)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1570 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

11 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Hi!!

First time poster here, but I've lurked a lot! 😊😊😊 😊😊😊 😊😊😊

I hope this is the right place to ask this!

Ok, so @Eva Knoller and I have come up with the idea that a "Spa Night" (or evening, or afternoon, or whatever) would be a kind of fun get-together for some of the forumites.

Ideally, we would like:

• Manicures / Pedicures
  • Massages
  • A (largish) hot tub
  • A sauna

The last two or maybe three are probably especially important. Other things would also be welcome! (But not facials, cuz apparently that means something totally different here. 😨)

We've both done a bit of searching in-world, and are having a difficult time finding anything that isn't geared towards *cough* "adult" activities. I've looked here on the forums too, and most references seem to be to RP sims.

Does anyone know of a nice place or places for these sorts of things? We'd be happy to mix-and-match (e.g., get massages one place, and go somewhere else for the sauna). Cute and/or attractive would also be pretty important.

Thanks in advance for your ideas! You people are awesomeI

🥰

Flamingo Court Hot Springs is part of the SL Public Land Preserve and free and open to the public.

There are the hot springs, whirlpools and lounges on the ground of course but if you go in the cabana, you will find the TP that takes you up to the spa where you can get facials (they are very realistic and not the kind you imply!), manicures, etc. There's even Mahjong to play.

Also at the nearby Flamingo Court Motel there's a bar in the basement with a sauna, massage table, meditation etc.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

How would a massage work in a swimsuit? Hmmmm . . .

Speaking as a (currently non-practicing) LMT (who doesn't like the words masseur or masseuse, maybe that's a Canadian thing?)... massage in a swimsuit works perfectly fine. You can be fully clothed and get a massage, happens all the time a sports events.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Didn't you have 7000 prims just hanging about? Just sayin... :)

I do, but no real desire to open the sim to the public.  People = Drama = Me being annoyed

If I had any real religious sentiment, I'd have joined a monastery years ago.

7 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:
8 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

Don't forget the food and drinks, emphasis on the drinks.

These are magic ingredients that are, for some unfathomable reason, too often absent from RL spas. Go figure.

Erm, what kind of cheap a**ed spas you hanging at, girl? I'd at least think you'd get melted snow and seal meat up in The Great North. While not all spas offer food, most offer beverage and the fun ones offer wine and champagne and some kinds of finger foods (which also probably has a different meaning in SL). Book a whole day's experience and you get meals. And did I mention wine and champagne? I believe you can also get tea, water, coffee, soft drinks but like, why?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Tolya Ugajin said:

I do, but no real desire to open the sim to the public.  People = Drama = Me being annoyed

If I had any real religious sentiment, I'd have joined a monastery years ago.

Right right. Forgot that you belong to Misanthropes Anon. That's the trouble with our organization, we don't see each other (cuz: ugh, people) and so we forget who belongs. :)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Seicher Rae said:

Right right. Forgot that you belong to Misanthropes Anon. That's the trouble with our organization, we don't see each other (cuz: ugh, people) and so we forget who belongs. :)

I'm not at all anonymous about it.  I like some individuals, but people as a group?   The world would be better of without them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, 20180414 said:

I would love to help!  For fun, I have created a few places just as you describe and I would love to invite visitors to enjoy.  Please take a look at my Picks:  #4 Lyuba's Beauty has a ground floor hair and nail salon with an upstairs Pilates Cadillac machine and a massage area with "scenes" including wine, chocolate, and aroma therapy.  This is located in a Germanic town square.  On the snow-covered mountainside, in #5 Lyuba's Sauna, I have a barrel sauna with an adjoining hot tub warmed over an open fire.  As a bonus, in #1 Lyuba's Yoga Barre & Boutique you will find and upstairs yoga studio and a Zen meditation room.  All equipment and animations are PG and the region is rated as Mature, not Adult.  The region is part of CDS, the Confederation of Democratic Simulators; it  has a theme but we are not a RP community.  This is not any kind of business, I don't sell any kind of products or services and I don't have any staff.  The places were all fun creative projects to bring experiences that I enjoy into SL.  They are great fun to meet and chat with friends; I love taking turns doing hair or nails while we talk about items of the day.  I have long wanted to do some "spa night" events but I never got to it.  If you enjoy the spaces, and might like to make a regular use of it, I would be happy to help accommodate your friends.  While I don't have any chatty NPCs, I'd love to meet and chat with you and your friends in-world!

❤️  Lyubov  (20180414 Resident)

Lyubov, what wonderful spaces you have created! I think this may be just what we are looking for. 

I also love your vineyard and wine tasting room. Oh! And the boxing gym. Future get together idea!! 💡

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I think that there are probably especially trained masseurs who are trained in tummy rubs and behind-the-ear scratches.

YAY!  Ear skritches are must have :P and belly rubs only if I likes ya as it my tummy! But ear skritches are good! :) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Elora Lunasea said:

FYI, Canyon Ranch spas have lovely, healthy restaurants. I was at the one in Las Vegas a couple of times (highly recommend!) and being able to sit afterwards, have a light meal and not rush away from the experience was a nice treat 👍

There are definitely facilities of a similar nature here. I must admit that I've never done the full "experience" at such a place: the places I go for things like manicures and facials tend to be smaller and more modest -- and most of my actual experience in saunas and hot tubs have either been in ones belonging to friends, or at hotels I was staying at. Nice treats, definitely, but not quite the same as what you describe.

Hence, the advantages of SL . . .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Prokofy Neva said:

Flamingo Court Hot Springs is part of the SL Public Land Preserve and free and open to the public.

There are the hot springs, whirlpools and lounges on the ground of course but if you go in the cabana, you will find the TP that takes you up to the spa where you can get facials (they are very realistic and not the kind you imply!), manicures, etc. There's even Mahjong to play.

Also at the nearby Flamingo Court Motel there's a bar in the basement with a sauna, massage table, meditation etc.

Thanks! We'll definitely give it a look!

(I have no idea how to play Mahjong!)

3 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

Speaking as a (currently non-practicing) LMT (who doesn't like the words masseur or masseuse, maybe that's a Canadian thing?)... massage in a swimsuit works perfectly fine. You can be fully clothed and get a massage, happens all the time a sports events.

The nomenclature reflects the difference between fantasy / RL, rather than being a national distinction. We tend to use massage therapist here for the RL thing as well, although (and I had to look this up) only three of our provinces have government regulations for massage therapy. There is, however, a nation-wide professional body that regulates the industry, as well as affiliates at the local level. Here, the term seems to be "RMT" for "Registered Massage Therapist."

I have never had a (professional) massage, in a swimsuit or out! And yes, I've no doubt that there all kinds of different forms of therapy that don't require disrobing.

Now that you bring up some of the realities of actual massage therapy, I'm curious to know how well reflected these are in the animated/scripted versions available in SL. A really high proportion of these must be nonsense, right? Are there massage tables or whatever that more accurately reflect actual practices?

3 hours ago, Maryanne Solo said:

Exists already - Pino Onesen.

Can see it now tho, eternal whining about the LWS = Ladies Who Spa. *dies of laughter 😆😅😄🤣😂 

LM please? I have no problems with being a LWS, haha! Where’s the logo already? 
That might even be part of my chosen identity preference for 2020!

there is a sento and a beauty salon in one of the Japanese sims I have visited, but I think it’s mostly used by the Maiko and Geiko who live there. There’s no staff. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

The nomenclature reflects the difference between fantasy / RL, rather than being a national distinction. We tend to use massage therapist here for the RL thing as well, although (and I had to look this up) only three of our provinces have government regulations for massage therapy. There is, however, a nation-wide professional body that regulates the industry, as well as affiliates at the local level. Here, the term seems to be "RMT" for "Registered Massage Therapist."

I have never had a (professional) massage, in a swimsuit or out! And yes, I've no doubt that there all kinds of different forms of therapy that don't require disrobing.

Now that you bring up some of the realities of actual massage therapy, I'm curious to know how well reflected these are in the animated/scripted versions available in SL. A really high proportion of these must be nonsense, right? Are there massage tables or whatever that more accurately reflect actual practices?

Pretty much nonsense because most are scripted with adult content.  

A professional massage would never leave a person completely naked for one thing. I've never seen an SL massage table that has an option to keep one covered with a towel even that I can recall, and if there is, don't remember it as being able to have the ability to keep the body covered everywhere except the part being worked on at that time (leg, arm, foot, back, etc.). 

I've also never seen one scripted for the various types of massage. No option for Swedish, reflexology (a favorite), hot stone, shiatsu, etc. All of them look exactly the same which is pretty much I suppose Swedish. Accessories are a plenty, but they do nothing.

FYI, been to enough professional massages through the years from local small boutique style places to fancy large spas in hotels and cruise lines. I highly recommend this as a treat if you can afford it periodically. Hint: don't scrimp on the time. 60 minutes is never enough. You don't really start relaxing until 30 minutes into it usually plus 60 doesn't leave enough time to properly work on each part of the body. I find 90 minutes is a much better time frame. 

• Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Hint: don't scrimp on the time. 60 minutes is never enough. You don't really start relaxing until 30 minutes into it usually plus 60 doesn't leave enough time to properly work on each part of the body. I find 90 minutes is a much better time frame. 

Caveat: therapeutic deep massage and Chinese massage can leave me quite sore if I don’t work my way up to longer sessions more slowly. It has been several months since I’ve had a massage, and for Chinese style, I’ll start with a 15-min chair style and 15-min foot reflexology when I start again. For full body, I do strip completely nude because I don’t want oil on my things, but the MT’s have always draped me really well, I’ve never felt uncomfy or exposed. I do tell them that I get cold easy though. 🥶

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

Pretty much nonsense because most are scripted with adult content.  

A professional massage would never leave a person completely naked for one thing. I've never seen an SL massage table that has an option to keep one covered with a towel even that I can recall, and if there is, don't remember it as being able to have the ability to keep the body covered everywhere except the part being worked on at that time (leg, arm, foot, back, etc.). 

I've also never seen one scripted for the various types of massage. No option for Swedish, reflexology (a favorite), hot stone, shiatsu, etc. All of them look exactly the same which is pretty much I suppose Swedish. Accessories are a plenty, but they do nothing.

Yes, this was more or less my assumption. I wonder why there wouldn't be more accurately animated furniture for massages?

It raises (minor derail here!) a sort of ethical issue around representation, I'd have thought. RP of colleges and schools in SL similarly is often sexual, with the "sexy teacher" thing being pretty popular I think: it represents behaviours that would be enormously troubling in RL. I had a friend years ago who dated and then ended up (briefly) in a relationship with her massage therapist: I never inquired too deeply into it, but it struck me at the time that this must have raised ethical questions. Speaking as a teacher, I'm not big on the "I had sex with teacher" thing in SL because of the ethical boundaries the representation violates. Yes, I recognize that it's just a fantasy, but it's one that makes me pretty uncomfortable for personal reasons. I wonder if RL massage therapists might not feel the same way about animated massage table that are focused upon sex?

38 minutes ago, Elora Lunasea said:

I highly recommend this as a treat if you can afford it periodically. Hint: don't scrimp on the time.

I should do this one day, and of course maybe will find myself, physically, in a condition where it is almost obligatory one day. I am unreasonably nervous about the whole idea, though. I'm sure that I'm depriving myself of an enjoyable experience as a result. I'll start off slowly, in SL, first . . .

• Like 1

I'm still licensed but not currently practicing as an LMT, so my fingers are twitching to get all tutorial on the whole massage thing. I'll spare y'all though. :) I am a clinical MT with a limited medical license, and work in that gray area between physical and massage therapy. I primarily work with cancer patients, Parkinson's, lymphedema, injury, etc. although I love mixing that up with good old relaxation massage, including hot stone. And, no, I won't be your LMT for the get together. :) And, no, LMTs don't do the nail stuff too, unless they have separate training. But yes, what both @Elora Lunasea AND @Fauve Aeon said. For a great relaxation massage, especially if you have an area, like shoulders, where you want some extra work, 90 mins is a great time frame. But clinical work? You have to work up to it and 15 is good to start. Yes, you can overdo massage, yes you can get tired, spacey, sore, etc. It all depends.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Fauve Aeon said:

Caveat: therapeutic deep massage and Chinese massage can leave me quite sore if I don’t work my way up to longer sessions more slowly. It has been several months since I’ve had a massage, and for Chinese style, I’ll start with a 15-min chair style and 15-min foot reflexology when I start again. For full body, I do strip completely nude because I don’t want oil on my things, but the MT’s have always draped me really well, I’ve never felt uncomfy or exposed. I do tell them that I get cold easy though. 🥶

Yes, exactly. Relaxation and therapeutic are entirely different approaches. Thanks for pointing this out, same to @Seicher Rae

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1570 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.