How are you feeling today?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1478 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm afraid as time goes by we will be hearing that this has happened more and more.  Now the plague repercussions are hitting the companies that had a couple months operating cash on hand but have exhausted it. So sorry @Selene Gregoire that your other got hit.

Edited by kali Wylder
dang typos
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Beth Macbain said:

We all do seem to be quite tense today. Perhaps an inworld forum orgy is just what the doctor ordered! No, not THAT doctor, a REAL one.

I like your little bee in the sig line. :)

I'm a little upset, because I never get the memos to our hive meetings. I didn't know we had hive meetings. I didn't even know there was a hive. Hell, up until sometime about a week ago I wasn't sure if one of the "hive" and I were speaking (things get very confusing over ten years) (and we are speaking). I never see anyone inworld, probably by choice. But I do think I just now came up with my new member title thingie...

Anyway. The Rx for the thyroid (and the narcotic for the pain) still haven't arrived, and everything at the post office is snafu. I got another, confusing and conflicting email from them that makes me think they are so screwed up that the order for redelivery is permanently broken. I'm getting hammered by the resulting fatigue and probably a few other low thyroid symptoms. I dunno.

I think I mentioned here before that when I get depressed I tend to pull back from going inworld. I don't know why. It isn't like it is hard to punch the login button. But that's the way it is. I've heard similar from others. Right now I'm really thinking about taking another leave of absence. It feels about the right amount of time in the cycle of me coming and going. However, with me knowing the lack of thyroid is playing havoc with me, and me not having to pull any triggers, I won't. I just want to turn off all of the lights and curl up though.

Funny thing about the thyroid. When I had my blood tested for it, the results were always in the "normal" range. They were on the high end (which means low thyroid), but in the normal range. As I got older, the results got higher, as commonly happens. My PCP never thought thyroid supplements were needed because of it, and that was fine with me, who needs another pill? But when my shrink saw the results, and we talked, she thought that putting me on the lesser known thyroid drug would be helpful because it has been shown to sometimes help people with depression. With my PCP's blessing, I started at a low dose. I didn't think it was doing anything. The dose increase. Still... meh. Until one day I forgot to take it. I felt sooooo bad, tired, achey, depressed. I'm pretty sure it was the lack of the thyroid. That showed me that holy cow, it really makes a difference. I have now been without it for over a week and I feel like sheet. Just goes to show what my instructors drilled into me about medical subjects: My "normal" isn't someone else's "normal" and even "normal" isn't "normal" sometimes.

I'm going to go be in the dark and watch more blood and gore and mayhem by Vikings. It is preferable to people-ing.

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

3 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

Thank you, all, for the kind words and comforts. Most of yesterday was a whitewash for me, but last night I got my mojo back. I dusted off my CV/resume and updated it, then I updated everything on the job sites here in the UK that I used last time, set my profile to public again so potential employers could find me, and then ran a quick search for the kind of job I'm seeking. Lo and behold, I found one almost identical to what I've been doing, but in a different sector. I sent the application immediately and subsequently slept like the proverbial log for the first time in almost a week. (We'd all been told on Monday that our jobs were at risk, so sleep had been in scant supply for four days.)

I'm glad you updated us. And you got your mojo back in record time! :::jealous! I've never bounced so quickly::: Fingers crossed on the job app going through!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

I think I mentioned here before that when I get depressed I tend to pull back from going inworld. I don't know why.

got that Tshirt.  gentle hugs my friend, go take care of you. 

kitty hugs.jpg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

My "normal" isn't someone else's "normal" and even "normal" isn't "normal" sometimes.

The next step is to get your doctor involved. You've been out of your medication for over a week now due to the eff ups of others. It's not like an as-needed medication. This is a serious medication that should not be screwed with. An angry doctor on the phone can make things happen pretty quickly, even if it's getting the pharmacy to just send out some bloody replacements. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

I don't know your circumstances, but I DO know all about waiting for housing. Very happy for you. :)

Thank you! ❤️ I was in a pretty rocky situation. But I'm so glad that I'm out of it now. I kept hope and didn't allow myself to get too upset. I'm excited. And grateful.

Also, I hope you're doing okay as well. ❤️

Anime Friends GIF - Anime Friends Hugging - Discover & Share GIFs

Edited by Aiiyaz
added gif.
  • Like 3

Just now, Beth Macbain said:

The next step is to get your doctor involved. You've been out of your medication for over a week now due to the eff ups of others. It's not like an as-needed medication. This is a serious medication that should not be screwed with. An angry doctor on the phone can make things happen pretty quickly, even if it's getting the pharmacy to just send out some bloody replacements. 

Yeah!!! Thank you Beth! Do that @Seicher Rae!!!  and btw Beth, I stole your little dancing bee, still debating whether to add it to my sig. line.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Aiiyaz said:

I was in a pretty rocky situation. But I'm so glad that I'm out of it now. I kept hope and didn't allow myself to get too upset. I'm excited. And grateful.

I'm so jelly, I was about to sell my house back in March and the plan died and I'm in limbo. No really I'm happy for you! ☺️

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Selene Gregoire said:

And the SO just got laid off a couple of hours ago.

*sigh*

I'm so sorry, Selene. It's like a kick in the gut to have that happen :(

29 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

I'm glad you updated us. And you got your mojo back in record time! :::jealous! I've never bounced so quickly::: Fingers crossed on the job app going through!

I usually wallow for about a day after bad news of that magnitude, then the next day I spring into action with my usual first step being recalibrating my finances and figuring how I'm going to manage cashflow until I find another job. But then I realised the number of unemployed people was only going to rise here in the UK, so the sooner I dragged my mojo up by its bootstraps the better. Hence doing something that very night.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

kitty hugs.jpg

And I want a caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat. And I can't. (Building regulations.) Gah, you can just hear the little guys doing that motor purr kittens do.

PS. There may be a way around the no cat thing. I've talked to the shrink about it (the MD), and there IS a possibility of having one prescribed for my depression and PTSD (which is funny, but also extremely legit). It is ultimately up to the apartment complex. Right now though everything is messed up in RL due to covid and my MD is leaving to move out of state and more flustercluck. Meanwhile, I want a cat so badly. 

And we are now getting one helluva storm.

Edited by Seicher Rae
missing words
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Tarina Sewell said:

I honestly love my job right now.  My workplace and my dog trying to lure a couple geese..

97996136_10157943004127928_4380791157869772800_n.jpg

Happy-jealous. Happy-envious. Mucho emphasis on the happy part, more wistful on the other. That just looks so dang amazing.

However, I have been meaning to tell you, your avatar picture freaks me the hell out. 😄

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I slept like absolute crap last night, had a fight with my husband, and today has been absolutely horrid.  I would have been better off just working.

Take it from a widow.....do not let things get in the way of your relationship.. when they are gone, those are the moments you regret most.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Seicher Rae said:

And I want a caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat. And I can't. (Building regulations.) Gah, you can just hear the little guys doing that motor purr kittens do.

PS. There may be a way around the no cat thing. I've talked to the shrink about it (the MD), and there IS a possibility of having one prescribed for my depression and PTSD (which is funny, but also extremely legit). It is ultimately up to the apartment complex. Right now though everything is messed up in RL due to covid and my MD is leaving to move out of state and more flustercluck. Meanwhile, I want a cat so badly. 

And we are now getting one helluva storm.

Had to share with you While I am working in another state my big dog stayed home with my daughter to keep her safe (she is old enough) and he was barking like crazy one day and my daughter said he found a baby kitten in the back yard, he was barking and jumping on the door to get someone out to save it.. So my daughter took it to the vet and now the dog has to be near the cat all the time and when the kitten Leo (the dogs name is Leonard) cries the dog has to go make sure it is ok... anyway this is him before he was cleaned up and taken to vet..

94911582_10157882565422928_4623643112890171392_n.jpg

Edited by Tarina Sewell
I guess I have another cat now.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Tarina Sewell said:

Had to share with you While I am working in another state my big dog stayed home with my daughter to keep her safe (she is old enough) and he was barking like crazy one day and my daughter said he found a baby kitten in the back yard, he was barking and jumping on the door to get someone out to save it.. So my daughter took it to the vet and now the dog has to be near the cat all the time and when the kitten Leo (the dogs name is Leonard) cries the dog has to go make sure it is ok... anyway this is him before he was cleaned up and taken to vet..

94911582_10157882565422928_4623643112890171392_n.jpg

Gah... That just made me cry wet soggy oh that is so cute tears. Truth.

• Like 3

I quite often feel some twinge or odd little pain somewhere and immediately assume I’m dying.

Well now my temp is 99.2 (it’s usually in the 97.1-97.7 range) so I’m most certainly dying of the ‘rona.

I’m positive I’m having respiratory distress (I’m not) so I’m going to go lie in my neatly arranged bed so I can die pretty.

I shall stop to fill the kitty food bowls first so they don’t immediately eat my face after my passing.

See y’all tomorrow. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1478 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.