How are you feeling today?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1435 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

9 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Was there a blog announcement or anything that I missed?

no. It just happened

In another thread we were talking about forum Advisor tags generally. Then seems Random Linden, who had nothing better to do, just went thru the forum accounts and untagged a whole bunch of individual Advisor tags and never untagged others.  In that uniquely Linden way - lets randomly stab a pitchfork into the eyes of some people and not others

• Sad 1

You know everyone @Beth Macbain, myself and others have fought really hard to keep this thread on topic.  I know threads derail and sometimes take on a life of their own but not this one.  I have shared some really painful stuff in here as have others.  I have needed the compassion of those in here during those moments.  There are other threads to post your issues with the virus, losing your forum status or whatever.  If anyone actually goes back to the start and reads this thread you might understand why we have tried so hard to keep it on topic and invite others to post their lowest moments and feel understood by those who get it, care and would like to offer their support in a small way.  I don't need to be quoted and have you put forward an argument as to why you posted stuff not relevant to this thread.  I just want you to understand why those type of posts will rile up those who need this thread.  *steps off soap box*  

• Like 4

Back on topic...………….my family have a long tradition of visiting the Chapel of Rest to see their loved one for one last time. It's about a month since I saw my mother so just now I went to pay my respects. The family genes on that side of our family are strong, and they all have a big distinctive nose. My mother's aunt was typical. A tiny woman with white skin, pale blue eyes, and a huge nose. Her son, my great uncle, didn't look like that until cancer took him, then he had the family look. So did my mother's brother, cancer also took him, both in their sixties. Today, my mother has lost so much weight that she looks just like her aunt did (when she was alive). The big nose remains, her skin was white, her cheeks were sunken. her thick blonde hair, her pride and joy, which she kept most of her life is now lank and grey. I couldn't kiss her goodbye for obvious reasons but I paid my respects. Against the odds, she lived a long life, but never found true love after my father abandoned us. She was made of iron though. She was the family rock when things got bad. She could be impossible to deal with sometimes, and infuriating, but now she's gone, we will miss her. She was the family anchor. Her funeral is Thursday.

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 11

I did post here about me being angry about the protests going on. I kinda forgot there was another thread for that, and I was pretty much internaly focused on me feeling pretty angry and sad and disappointed. I didn't look for discussion about the virus, tho, I was looking for sympathy and validation. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

They're demoting Advisors???

...checks her Forum title and screams.

WHAT THE HELL, LL???????????????????????????

I've never been an Advisor to begin with. 😉 Heck, didn't even know those titles had actual meaning. Figured it was just something like 'After X many posts, the forum gives you the title belonging to that category.' To those who got 'demoted', weird, but I didn't even notice, as I hardly ever consciously look at such things. There be lovely, kind ppl here, who have given me great advice, and been wonderfully supportive. You know who you are. And I know who you are. And let forum titles be damned! :)

3 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

I could argue that people feel bad for many reasons, but I won't.

You can have your thread back now; I'll be posting my own shortly.

Well Lindal I can't comprehend why you would feel upset about this, as I could care less what title I have and so have no basis to understand your reality.

But I can see this upsets you, and that you indeed feel pain over it, so I am sorry for your loss.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Maryanne Solo said:

Welcome to Multipixeluralism. 
Where those who contribute the most are demoted to the same level as non-contributors.

Posting a lot does mean one contributes.  There are many that had advisor titles that absolutely do not deserve them , its the quantity over quality crowd. Demote them all I say.  If someone is truly hurt by not having the advisor title, they need to go for a walk and get some fresh air. It aint' that serious.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Modulated said:

If someone is truly hurt by not having the advisor title, they need to go for a walk and get some fresh air. It aint' that serious.

There's no way you can know what it means to them. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Modulated said:

Posting a lot does mean one contributes.  There are many that had advisor titles that absolutely do not deserve them , its the quantity over quality crowd. Demote them all I say.  If someone is truly hurt by not having the advisor title, they need to go for a walk and get some fresh air. It aint' that serious.

You joined 2 minutes before your post just to say that... 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Still feeling Meh

@BelindaN so very sorry for your loss.  *hugs*

to those who feel bad at being demoted, very sorry for your loss too.  But honestly, do you see the difference in the losses.  A tag vs a life?  Have a heart and get out of this thread, make one of your own.

meh.jpg

Edited by kali Wylder
typo
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Modulated said:

You had to alt up just to say that?  🙄

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

Still feeling Meh

@BelindaN so very sorry for your loss.  *hugs*

to those who feel bad at being demoted, very sorry for your loss too.  But honestly, do you see the difference in the losses.  A tag vs a life?  Have a heart and get out of this thread, make one of your own.

Why are you insisting on making a 'pain competition'?  Of course there's a difference here, but at what point do you say someone's pain doesn't count and should not be allowed expression?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Why are you insisting on making a 'pain competition'?  Of course there's a difference here, but at what point do you say someone's pain doesn't count and should not be allowed expression?

I agree. I don't think someone saying they are upset and disappointed about the abrupt loss of a title they earned for helping people here in any way diminishes or disrespects anyone else's loss. I don't post in this thread often (pretty much never, really), but I thought "how are you feeling today?" encompasses all types of feelings. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

This is the longest month of December EVER! 🙃

I don't like spammers or intentional antagonists, but those of you that post your opinions and feelings loudly and proudly are awesome to me. You are what make these forums interesting. Thank you!!

Today, I feel guilty for lurking so much.

• Like 5

It's not the pain, it's the rancor. Sharing the pain of the demotion is one thing, debating the merits of the demotion is quite another. When sock puppets who want to argue for the sake of arguing come in to stir things up the safe place that this was is lost.

Edited by kali Wylder
grammar, is, not are
  • Like 6
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Modulated said:

If someone is truly hurt by not having the advisor title, they need to go for a walk and get some fresh air. It aint' that serious.

It's not just about titles/tags. It's about what they stood for (apparently the titles had real meaning I just learned). If someone one day told me "Kira. we really do not believe you're helpful to the community any more," I would feel hurt too, believe it. :( Why? Because it wouldn't be coming from some individual troll, but from some LL officials (or at least ppl high enough in the organization to have the authority to demote ppl on forums). And that would definitely be an 'Ouch!' moment. And I would likely, apart from feeling hurt, also wonder why I even bother.

P.S. Anyone? Any chance this was just a software bug?!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1435 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.