Comparison of Home Types

Sakura Sands

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1628 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Besides going out to Bellisseria and looking at actual homes, the best place to look is most likely the new linden home picture threads in this section of the forum. 

When you choose a parcel, it is either for a Traditional home, a houseboat, or a camper.  On the parcel there will be an item (mailbox for traditionals, life preserver for houseboats and camp number sign for campers) that will let you switch between the different styles.  For traditional and houseboats, there are 4 style options available.  For campers, I think there are 6 or 8 styles available. 

• Like 2

Basic photos of the themes are all in the Linden Homes wiki at http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Linden_Lab_Official:New_Linden_Homes_2019#Themes , but yeah, you can get a good feel for what people have done with them and how they are situated in parcels by looking through the picture threads here or simply wandering around Bellisseria.

• Like 1

Just as they were due to come out with the newer Linden Homes, they had a location that had all the Traditional house and Houseboat types all rezzed and open for people to walk though and look at.  Unfortunately they had discontinued it though.   So, to get a good look and idea of what they are like, as was said before, walk around the neighborhoods and look at the different models.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chad Marbach said:

Just as they were due to come out with the newer Linden Homes, they had a location that had all the Traditional house and Houseboat types all rezzed and open for people to walk though and look at.  Unfortunately they had discontinued it though.   So, to get a good look and idea of what they are like, as was said before, walk around the neighborhoods and look at the different models.

That "location" was the annual SL Birthday party, SL16B, which was held in June. If you can wait until the upcoming American Cancer Society event, opening on December 5th, you'll be able to see a similar exposition.  Read about it here: https://slchristmasexpo.com/

• Like 3

What you can do also is go to one of the areas that has not been released yet (SSPxxx on the map) and have a look around - gives you the opportunity to see them empty and cam around inside. Walking around you will be able to see all the styles as at least one of each will be rezzed on the land (not sure about all the colour choices though inside). Just be mindful if there are any Moles working nearby though as you don't want to get in their way if they are busy rezzing items or building  - preferably go to a region that's empty of anyone there. There are both camper and traditional regions being built now, not yet released in the south of the continent you could look at.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Sakura Sands said:

Does anyone know of an online resource/page that shows the different types of Houseboats, Trad homes and Campers?  Would be cool to be able to do some research looking at the colours, floor plans and exteriors of the different home types before obtaining the land.

I should invite you over even if I'm not finished. But if you are logged in, go to Permaglow (search that on the map) and look around. It is not released yet, but finished. You can walk around and in all houses. Even if you can't change them before you own one, it gives you an idea.

I often fly or walk slowly around areas that's been released and are lived in. The roads, beaches, public pools and a lot of land in between in is public land. You stay outside the fences and hedges and use your camera too look in. Take a look at the minimap first, so you don't stand outside a house with people in. That can be a bit unnerving for them.

I do it all the time. Admire the furniture, click on what I want to see who the creator is.

Also open your map and fly south, over Rocky Heights, and see where they build new boats.

You find a large camper region if you search for Lake Tatakaka. The campers are taken, but walk or bike on the roads.

• Like 4

I find that a little disturbing.  I thought it was against TOS to cam into people's homes?  I have my setting set to where you can't see avatars on my parcel but still is invasive.  I would rather not have people know what type of furniture i have or photos up that might be private.  

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, KateaSL said:

I find that a little disturbing.  I thought it was against TOS to cam into people's homes?  I have my setting set to where you can't see avatars on my parcel but still is invasive.  I would rather not have people know what type of furniture i have or photos up that might be private.  

Never mind :)

56 minutes ago, Layla Claven said:

I thought there was a small Romany Gypsy style at the preview but I probably imagined when I saw the Colorado 

There is a trailer that fits that description. The colors chosen have something to do with the "feel" of the caravan. Likely that is what you are thinking of.   Next theme appears to be "country Victorian". 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

That's supposition, and not an actual source that says the next theme will be Victorian anything, country or otherwise. Much like the lighthouse wasn't the lighthouse, it's also entirely possible that the house in Patch's pics isn't one of the new houses at all.

Why do I have to keep reminding people that Patch is evil when it comes to stuff like this? Those cute little mouse ears hide devil horns. 

21 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

That's supposition, and not an actual source that says the next theme will be Victorian anything, country or otherwise. Much like the lighthouse wasn't the lighthouse, it's also entirely possible that the house in Patch's pics isn't one of the new houses at all.

Why do I have to keep reminding people that Patch is evil when it comes to stuff like this? Those cute little mouse ears hide devil horns. 

Ok.

2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

He does say "Bingo". IDK.

I think he is trying too hard to be funny sometimes, but I don't have else. Saying "bingo" as an outright lie... well. He teases and tricks, but does he lie?

The "Bingo!" was in reference to Pru figuring out his hints about the date, not the theme being correctly guessed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1628 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.