LAQ heads...

Sandra8675

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1608 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I was looking at LAQ heads. And I actually like a few of them and was thinking of buying one.  But...  it seems that too many people talk about them.  Can anyone tell me their experiences with LAQ heads and if there is anything painfully obvious I should be aware of before I buy?

26 minutes ago, Sandra8675 said:

I was looking at LAQ heads. And I actually like a few of them and was thinking of buying one.  But...  it seems that too many people talk about them.  Can anyone tell me their experiences with LAQ heads and if there is anything painfully obvious I should be aware of before I buy?

What do people talk about them?

My alt has a LAQ head and  a Lelutka head.  She says she prefers the Lelutka but thinks the LAQ head is good and she has no issues

I have a couple of LAQ heads I wear from time to time.  My alt, on the other hand, wears LAQ almost exclusively even though she has a LeLutka head.

I like LAQ.  I recommend them often.  They are well supported and updated.  A solid choice for a head in my opinion.

[ETA]
I just thought of something.  LAQ does not include eyes like some other heads do.  You can either wear your own or use system eyes.  My alt wears her LeLutka eyes with her LAQ heads.

Edited by Rhonda Huntress
  • Like 1

I have recently purchased a LAQ head and I love it. I wore Catwa before but now I'm a hardcore LAQ head fan.

What I have trouble with though is finding make-up and lipgloss and lashes for the head. Most cater to Catwa and Genus it seems, at least those at events.

2 hours ago, Laurent Bechir said:

An advantage of the Laq head is that you only need to buy the hud one time, since it works with all their heads. It's interesting if you want to buy more than one head, since the heads are cheaper than other brands. 

I think thats why i was asking about them.  there is one head in particular i really love by laq.  but i did notice they were cheaper so just wondered if there were additional things that needed to be bought to make it fully work, etc.

1 minute ago, Sandra8675 said:

I think thats why i was asking about them.  there is one head in particular i really love by laq.  but i did notice they were cheaper so just wondered if there were additional things that needed to be bought to make it fully work, etc.

You need to buy the HUD for 3000L if you want to have facial expressions and everything else. This is a one time purchase and if you buy more LAQ heads you can use the already purchased HUD with them.

I first bought the LAQ head by itself, wore it for a week or so before buying the HUD to alpha out my ears so I can wear my elf ones.

• Like 1

The one thing that keeps me from wearing my LAQ head full time is the animations. I just don't care for them, compared to other brands. The head I have doesn't play well with third party animations like Vista's full body and face AO's, but I think some LAQ heads do. Mine (Lulu, I think) just ends up looking kind of stroppy. But it's a really gorgeous head with probably my favorite eyes, and after the 1 time 3000L HUD purchase everything is pretty cheap, really. 

To start with, other than Belleza I cannot think of any skin maker that does not make a set for Maitreya.   Matching to your body is going to be a given.

• LAQ makes their own line of very nice skins but you will find LAQ about as often as you will find LetLuka skins. 
  • I know Glam Affair, Izzie's, Session, theSkinnery and Pink Fuel make LAQ skins. There are more, these are just what I know for sure off the top of my head.
  • LAQ heads are built for Omega.  You will get a perfect fit because Omega is not just an add on.  LAQ heads were designed to use Omega.

You should not have any difficulty finding matching skins for LAQ and Maitreya.  Where ever you find your skin for your LAQ head, you will find a matching skin for Maitreya.

On 11/8/2019 at 7:31 PM, Ariel Vuissent said:

The one thing that keeps me from wearing my LAQ head full time is the animations. I just don't care for them, compared to other brands.

I actually like the LAQ animations quite well -  I think my alt Cara have a much cuter smile than my main :D

Snapshot_074_cr.thumb.jpg.fc522d0f67517ee3a47395e98905cba6.jpg

And after having demoed most of the available skins (and bought quite a few) out there, I must confess that I still prefer one of LAQ's own (Evelyn...)

• Like 3

I wear LAQ occasionally. I fell in love with Ivy for role play purposes and got that for one of my alts who wears it primarily. I then branched out to a couple of others for myself; Gaia and Noelle. I'm happy with all of them except that every time I go to use them I forget how the eyes work with them! I actually had to make a note card for myself the last time because of it.  

I demo'd a lot of heads from several brands when I upgrade to a mesh head a few months ago, and I picked a LAQ head over all the others. I have been told it looks a bit different from mesh heads in general, and is interesting. I just set up and alt to use as a comodel, though, and wound up with a LOGO head (I seem to wind up with the less popular ones, lol).

I have had no trouble finding skins or make-up for my LAQ head. Perhaps I have lower attention to detail than most of the people who are really into how their avis look, but even the OMEGA applier-based skins and make-up seem to work fine for me. And as others have said, most of the mesh bodies are well-supported by places that sell skins, though I have even used OMEGA appliers for my Maitreya body (my alt has Bellezza) and those looked fine to me, also.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/8/2019 at 8:39 AM, Sandra8675 said:

I bought one after a friend showed me hers, and when I put it on it did not look anything like what I saw in the store and in fact was quite ugly. It's still in my inventory unused.

10 minutes ago, AnnHerrick said:

I bought one after a friend showed me hers, and when I put it on it did not look anything like what I saw in the store and in fact was quite ugly. It's still in my inventory unused.

Did you use the shape that came with it, and the alpha?

I found I have had to use the shape that came with the head, and of course the alpha, to get the head to look right. Then I adjust all the rest of the shape sliders to match what I was using for my body.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1608 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.