Beautiful Abandons

Ellie McGregor

10 hours ago, Elena Core said:

Talking about beautiful abandons... I might keep it for a bit and create a Christmas cafè 

52575525753_20fcb5520c_o.jpg

My mom had this one for some weeks but she decided to try for one of the new houseboats instead. And ofc got an amazing HB too. She is always lucky this way, i have to work for weeks to get something close to decent even 😅 Lovely location :)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Puck Rickenbacker said:

Okay, y'all, coming in lazy as I didn't read the whole thread.

How do I claim a new Linden Home after I abandon my current one? I read you have to register for another Linden Home, but *how* is what I am not finding an answer to. Help?

https://land.secondlife.com/en-US/lindenhomes/land-selection.php go here, get new one

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I got this parcel in an odd way.  I have been watching Salmon Ella and Indecent Sea, hoping one of the few stilt-on-lands with good water near the Chalet river would be abandoned.  But then I noticed a Linden Home here (lower left).  I went to investigate, but it was owned by a Linden on the land team.

westmap.JPG.95eee0e61e8b951269b96f877bfea5b0.JPG

Two weeks later it was still owned by that Linden, and when I looked closer, it had been that way since December!  Now, very occasionally a Linden used to take a Linden Home for themselves, but this parcel had no objects, and besides, while it is a very good spot, it isn't terribly special.  But it is much closer than my wonderful old stilt to where I want to be, and has good water.  So I sent the Linden as nicely worded a query about it as I could manage.

The next morning there was a message from them, saying that they guessed they had been holding it for a P+ member who never claimed it, and they had abandoned it. The message had been sent over an hour ago.  I was curious to see who got it, and while I was logging in, I sort of idly claimed a stilt-on-land (there has been a shallow queue of them on-and-off lately).  And BINGO!  This is the view from the back deck, which faces west.

west_004cropsmaller.jpg.0248c02a6d31503015477abbdb885c52.jpg

So thank you, helpful Linden and Lady Luck! 

• Like 13

49 minutes ago, Nika Talaj said:

I got this parcel in an odd way.  I have been watching Salmon Ella and Indecent Sea, hoping one of the few stilt-on-lands with good water near the Chalet river would be abandoned.  But then I noticed a Linden Home here (lower left).  I went to investigate, but it was owned by a Linden on the land team.

westmap.JPG.95eee0e61e8b951269b96f877bfea5b0.JPG

Two weeks later it was still owned by that Linden, and when I looked closer, it had been that way since December!  Now, very occasionally a Linden used to take a Linden Home for themselves, but this parcel had no objects, and besides, while it is a very good spot, it isn't terribly special.  But it is much closer than my wonderful old stilt to where I want to be, and has good water.  So I sent the Linden as nicely worded a query about it as I could manage.

The next morning there was a message from them, saying that they guessed they had been holding it for a P+ member who never claimed it, and they had abandoned it. The message had been sent over an hour ago.  I was curious to see who got it, and while I was logging in, I sort of idly claimed a stilt-on-land (there has been a shallow queue of them on-and-off lately).  And BINGO!  This is the view from the back deck, which faces west.

west_004cropsmaller.jpg.0248c02a6d31503015477abbdb885c52.jpg

So thank you, helpful Linden and Lady Luck! 

Just lovely!  Please tell me what EEP or Windlight you are using there; I have been on a search for the perfect EEP (preferably day-cycle) and decided the only way is really to quiz folks who use ones that I especially like.  TIA

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know who decided it was time to dump their coastal Vic with a sunrise view in Dimanche, but wow!  Thanks!  I've been hopping around on alts for years (YEARS!) patiently waiting for an exciting Vic.  I've had several good ones, but nothing worth keeping beyond the fun of decorating and dumping.

/me blows kisses to whoever dropped this at the perfect time for me to catch it. 💋

Edited by Cinnamon Mistwood
  • Like 10

Welcome, neighbor!  I'm in the pink Shelley right near you :)

I love Dimanche,  so beautiful, great rez zone, only 11 homes in the region, and I'm hoping that the new Vic Community Center will show up on Vic Island when they finish building it out.  Those homes turn over fairly frequently (briefly, my partner and I had 3 of them in a row there!), which I've never understood.

Looking forward to redecorating when the open floorplan Vics are released.

Btw, does anyone have any clue what this is on the minimap?  I flew all the way up (I guess we can only fly up to 5065, who knew) looking for it, didn't see a thing.  Except for the moles' little server platforms at 1345 (phantom, so no worries for flight).  Also peered underwater.

image.png.b7234c26fc1bd27e3ece9abb39885ce8.png

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 3