Beautiful Abandons

Ellie McGregor

On 4/29/2023 at 1:53 PM, Nika Talaj said:

Welcome, neighbor!  I'm in the pink Shelley right near you :)

I love Dimanche,  so beautiful, great rez zone, only 11 homes in the region, and I'm hoping that the new Vic Community Center will show up on Vic Island when they finish building it out.  Those homes turn over fairly frequently (briefly, my partner and I had 3 of them in a row there!), which I've never understood.

Looking forward to redecorating when the open floorplan Vics are released.

Btw, does anyone have any clue what this is on the minimap?  I flew all the way up (I guess we can only fly up to 5065, who knew) looking for it, didn't see a thing.  Except for the moles' little server platforms at 1345 (phantom, so no worries for flight).  Also peered underwater.

image.png.b7234c26fc1bd27e3ece9abb39885ce8.png

It is a starfleet ship(Star Trek). My friends and I saw it flying around there and bellihub yesterday. Wish I had taken a pic of it to post here but didn't think of it at the time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

• 4 weeks later...

So this is the first time posting in a community- I've played Game of Homes so many times but have wandered back to the first of them, Traditional.   I feel a bit lucky to have gotten this spot overlooking the houseboats on the water.  I did have a houseboat, but ultimately I wanted a Vic or Trad on land overlooking.  Will this be my last hop?   I still have my alt checking for others lol, but I really am happy with this spot in Conger Reef.

Conger Reef back_001.png

Conger Reef_001.png

Edited by Krystie Atheria
  • Like 18

4 hours ago, Krystie Atheria said:

So this is the first time posting in a community- I've played Game of Homes so many times but have wandered back to the first of them, Traditional.   I feel a bit lucky to have gotten this spot overlooking the houseboats on the water.  I did have a houseboat, but ultimately I wanted a Vic or Trad on land overlooking.  Will this be my last hop?   I still have my alt checking for others lol, but I really am happy with this spot in Conger Reef.

Conger Reef back_001.png

Conger Reef_001.png

Beautiful spot!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Totally!  I may do that as well while I wait for the next theme.

I've lived in South Haven for a while now and LOVE that region, but I have put the house back into the Traditional Home pool for someone else to enjoy, and heaven only knows where it is in the queue, but it is available for ticketing.  I too availed myself of some lovely abandons and scored a really nice houseboat for myself. 

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/South Haven/131/188/22

South Haven Map.png

Edited by Lyric Demina
added slurl
  • Like 6

20 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I am just not into the ranch theme, so decided to use my little prorated Premium Plus upgrade to go shopping abandoned parcels. I chose this one :)

image.thumb.png.0dc732a785d08c27362a443fc4cf4940.png

I had that for a wee while it has very soothing views 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Laika Ravikumar said:

How do you find abonded parcels? 

There are many ways to go about doing so.  My hunting-preference is rather passive; if there happens to be a region that I really love (like for example South Haven) then in my stroll around the region I investigate the different houses to see if they are occupied by someone.  If they are unoccupied and the land information reveals it is "Linden Home" then I know it is available for claiming (and you can try your luck rolling for it on the land page or you can special-request it with a support ticket if you have a Premium Plus account.)

I don't worry about vacant houses in regions that I don't have a special affinity for.  I mainly just focus on a region that I love and look around it and spend time in it and hope that someday I get to have a place of my own in it.  It's not a race, for me; it's a pastime.  The homes come when they're good and ready.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Laika Ravikumar said:

Thanks for that I am Premium Plus currently on Stilt house which I do love but will have a look around anyway.

The image that I included above in my South Haven post comes from a screen-cap of the world map which, when I single-click on a home, gives me the name of that home or reveals the "Linden Home" signal of availability. (On the Firestorm viewer anyway.) 

That "Linden Home" signal of availability is not always accurate of course, because sometimes a Resident will name their house "Linden Home" for reasons only they understand.  But in any case, the map-clicking hunting technique is another passive way of doing it certainly while you already occupy a home and don't feel like abandoning it just yet until you're sure you're onto something.

Edit to add: keep in mind that if you do find something that you would rather have somewhere, you will have to abandon your current Linden Home before another will be assigned to you.  It's a leap of faith.......................  sometimes an anxious one lol

Edited by Lyric Demina
  • Like 5

23 hours ago, Marisa Starbrook said:

I’ve had quite a bit of luck with random rolls. My alt landed an incredible Trad in Trafalgar. Waves to my neighbor across the way @Nando Yip

This is a great time for beautiful abandons. Long-time Belli residents are moving to the Ranches. I’m playing around with one until the end of the month. 

I caught a trad on the water there last night, threw it back, caught it again later. Did you give yours up already, or were there two floating around? 

• Like 2

On 7/12/2023 at 7:59 AM, Marisa Starbrook said:

I’ve had quite a bit of luck with random rolls. My alt landed an incredible Trad in Trafalgar. Waves to my neighbor across the way @Nando Yip

This is a great time for beautiful abandons. Long-time Belli residents are moving to the Ranches. I’m playing around with one until the end of the month. 

cough cough

• Haha 1

well I'm rolling with an alt for a week now, and nothing I like so far :(

Sure I'm more into stilts, but out of despair I tried Vics and Trads, zero, nothing I could say "I can stay here for a while"

I think is my rolling time, or just my luck

• Sad 2

36 minutes ago, Tary Allen said:

well I'm rolling with an alt for a week now, and nothing I like so far :(

Sure I'm more into stilts, but out of despair I tried Vics and Trads, zero, nothing I could say "I can stay here for a while"

I think is my rolling time, or just my luck

I never considered myself a houseboat person, however I rolled around one day and saw boat after boat in terrific locations and kept a real beauty, then special-requested a second real beauty.  I highly recommend spending at least one day of your rolling privileges focused on houseboats to see what's there.  This one here in Shark Bait especially, it's a beautiful abandon.  http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Shark Bait/115/13/22

• Like 3