Pics of Nude Avatars as wall art inside a Bellisaria home - violation?

Pussycat Catnap

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1648 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

17 hours ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

I think it's worthwhile, in the interests of just being a good neighbour, to consider placement and perhaps something in a window to minimise what might be unintentionally seen from the outside. One-way blinds are an option, but even a plant in front of a window might do the trick without making it look closed-off.

I think it's something to think about, like taking a look at it all in midnight settings to see if anything set to full bright is adversely affecting the neighbourhood.

taking this approach to the next level

i tend to agree that we can get creative about how we place stuff in our homes. Creativity done in ways that can lead people to have a moment. A moment which explores their own predilections

like this is what a peeper sees when they peep cam thru the window of my powder room. (my own sense of styling is messy random, so yanno!)

peepcam1_001.png.63fe9cd4ab422253c3556c9bf02f04b9.png

peepcam2_001.png.8f1ce8792e912c5bd7cbff3bf0b2f7d9.png

peepcam3_001.png.ad4f1c5805e88f0de77aa2b86bf7cf7f.png

for the 3rd pic the peeper has to have cammed right in to the wardrobe, and thru the tiny gap in the doors we can see something. Those who have this prop will know what it is and why it would be tucked away in a cupboard

when a person does peep cam my powder room it can lead them into conversations. Most people don't tho because it would expose to me their own predilection to peep cam

but sometimes doing this kinda thing leads to interesting interactions. Like:

them: Hi! I was exploring and I noticed your home. Hope you don't mind
me: is all good! welcome to our place in the world :)
them: Thanks!
them: You seem to run deeper than you appear at first glance
me: (all innocent) really! how so?
them: Hmmm!
me: kehehhehehe!
them: /me laughs. You got me with that didn't you
me: yes i did :D

and then it all goes on from there

i do this kinda stuff often. As it is really quite subtle. The prop in this scene is not actually about me. Its about the other person and their exploration and understanding of themselves

• Like 1

I like peering in peoples windows to check out the decor. 😄   It lends an air of realism.  But seriously, If you're going to look inside a house, its not accidental & there's no reason to complain.  I have neighbors walking their dogs past my real world windows everyday & they never look in.  I don't mind if people look inside my Belli home, but if they don't like what they see, I expect them to keep that to themselves, I haven't decorated for them.  (My houseboat isn't fancy, I like it to look like one I'd have irl, kind of basic & rustic)

The only thing I'd report is pedophilia--or someone trying to force their way into my home!

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

An interesting perspective Bitsy, and one that can be applied to so many conflicts -- a consideration of both sides...no absolute right or wrong.

I think you're running into some pushback here because here in 'Murica there's still such puritanism...it can be horribly oppressive and pathetic and we want to be freeeeee    :)    You're in the UK right?

Yeah, I'm in Scotland, where there's still a sense of community and just getting along.

If the pushback is due to cultural differences, can those who disagree with me please help me understand what the attitudes behind it are and whether you think they're helping things in the U.S.?

From an outside perspective, it looks like an insistence on mutual imposition of values onto each other, with that leading to increasing polarisation and every one just digging in even deeper. Is there no way out? Or is there simply little desire to find one?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Pray tell, how?  When I click the window, it opens and closes.  When I click the shade, it goes up and down.  When I click the Control Panel and select Windows, I get the options of Covered and Uncovered, which simply puts the shades up and down for all windows at once.

Are your shades transparent?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Are your shades transparent?

I think that the campers are set up differently from the traditional homes and houseboats. In the latter, the blinds are actually solid blinds. They are open or closed, and there is no other option. The campers do have the opaque option you are referring to (the others do not).

ETA: Yep, I just tested on  my camper. That "covered" option you see on yours is not available on traditionals and houseboats. 

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I think that the campers are set up differently from the traditional homes and houseboats. In the latter, the blinds are actually solid blinds. They are open or closed, and there is no other option. The campers do have the opaque option you are referring to (the others do not).

ETA: Yep, I just tested on  my camper. That "covered" option you see on yours is not available on traditionals and houseboats. 

I know these. I say opaque to be pithy; Camper have opaque windows, houseboats and houses have opaque shades. So all are still opaque. Hence: setting widows to opaque solves the street-voyeur issue, does it not?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

I know these. I say opaque to be pithy; Camper have opaque windows, houseboats and houses have opaque shades. So all are still opaque. Hence: setting widows to opaque solves the street-voyeur issue, does it not?

You would think so up until someone accidentally trips and falls and just happens to see something that offends them through the crack under the door.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

28 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

If you close the blinds in the houseboats and traditionals, then you can't see out from inside the homes. The blinds totally block the view from both sides, which is not such a good solution for the home owner. 

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

If you close the blinds in the houseboats and traditionals, then you can't see out from inside the homes. The blinds totally block the view from both sides, which is not such a good solution for the home owner.

Precisely. So why are we even still having the discussion at all when nude is okay in the street, as much as the walls inside private parcels.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 pages over a nude picture.. sheesh! But oh well, I will wade in too... 

You REALLY need to be making a conscious decision to pry in order to actually see anything inside the traditional homes. Even wandering past one on the road in 3rd person view, you don't see much at all. Basically you need to stop in front of a window and deliberately zoom inside, at which point, it's your own fault if you don't like what you see :P 

It surprises me that people often think that our "vision" (for want of a better description) in SL is as good as it is in RL. It isn't - and very little of what's inside our homes is easily visible unless you've got your nose pressed against the window :) 

More so if like me you're driving, sailing, or flying round - I can fly over someone's parcel and there could be some wild naked party happening - I have no chance of seeing it from the cockpit ✈️

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Bitsy Buccaneer said:
6 hours ago, MichaMoz said:

I'm think some people need to find a better hobby than wandering around looking for things to pick fights with their neighbors over.

Are any of the thread participants advocating doing that sort of thing? Maybe I missed one but I don't recall any.

"I want to start a fight!"

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Precisely. So why are we even still having the discussion at all when nude is okay in the street, as much as the walls inside private parcels.

I think it was because of a suggestion to basically arrange things in your home in such a way that nobody from outside might be offended...... or something like that maybe.

Personally, I'm not going to worry about what anyone else thinks of anything they can see in my home.  I have learned from RL that no matter what path I choose, there will always be someone that is offended in some way.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I think it was because of a suggestion to basically arrange things in your home in such a way that nobody from outside might be offended...... or something like that maybe.

Personally, I'm not going to worry about what anyone else thinks of anything they can see in my home.  I have learned from RL that no matter what path I choose, there will always be someone that is offended in some way.

Exactly. Which is why I suggested to just close your windows if you care what passersby think. Since they'll alt-cam into your home to ogle the nudie pix on your wall anyway, what difference does it truly make. right? LOL

• Like 5

A while ago I found some curtains that were sheer from the inside looking out and could be set to various degrees of opaque for those looking in - and I think I bought them.  I need to rummage through inventory and my MP wishlist to find them for using at the house and houseboat. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

A while ago I found some curtains that were sheer from the inside looking out and could be set to various degrees of opaque for those looking in - and I think I bought them.  I need to rummage through inventory and my MP wishlist to find them for using at the house and houseboat. 

Oh good idea. I just took a random curtain out of my inventory and set the face on one side to transparent, and it worked. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1648 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.