Pics of Nude Avatars as wall art inside a Bellisaria home - violation?

Pussycat Catnap

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1641 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

5 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

Okay but no one can dictate what you can put in your home, when it comes to personal items.

as i stated the hoa was a new thing in the part of the state we lived in . It is all how something is written.  I can only tell you what i have eperienced.  if you are buying get a lawyer  . home buying is a huge investment . Long gone are the days when you are being relocated to another state for job pormotions the company  had a relo department which depending on things  would buy  your home  they worked with certain real eatate professionals so you could move to the position quickly  and get settled and concentrate on the job . It was always very stressful relocating .  And very  stressful on the house hunting trips.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, halebore Aeon said:

Okay but no one can dictate what you can put in your home, when it comes to personal items. It's your little sanctuary, now I understand if you are a part of home owners association or gated community, that your exterior design of your home is important and must meet community or city standards. But not the inside of your home.

44 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

as i stated the hoa was a new thing in the part of the state we lived in . It is all how something is written.  I can only tell you what i have eperienced.  if you are buying get a lawyer  .

A lot of what was described sounded like the kind of stuff that fail miserably the first time a trial lawyer moved into the neighborhood...

I remember one of my college internships with a public defender. Someone sued him while I was there and he was like... "oh, a day to play around in a different courthouse... this will be fun..."

Sent the other party one letter and he got a call to offer settlement terms...

But... a lot of that HOA stuff sounds like massive overreach that any one with access to Lexus Nexus and comfort in a courtroom could cut a hole through big enough to drive a herd of elephants...

That said... In SL, which is NOT 'Real' property, and legally not even chattel property, but a service - the rules CAN and DO dictate what we can rez inside our homes - which was why I started this thread. :)

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

But... a lot of that HOA stuff sounds like massive overreach that any one with access to Lexus Nexus and comfort in a courtroom could cut a hole through big enough to drive a herd of elephants...

in the late 80 no lap tops , no cell phones, no google.    DID they have lexus nexis back then in the 80 ????? Things back then different than today and my experience was from then. Due to Job relocation we did not have to deal  it anymore and when we bought the next home knew what to be carefull  of . A few of the neighhbors were going to try but where would your money be better spent on a lawer fighing a document that said it can be changed   etc at anytime without a vote and can be done by the board. OR just use that money to having more on a downpaymeny for a home out of that developement. 

It was not the dream home or dream neighborhood . Just an example from real life how  things can get out of control .  And fighting hoa  not that easy .  

SO enjoy the art . and i would make a no peeping tom zone sign for good measure

12 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

in the late 80 no lap tops , no cell phones, no google.    DID they have lexus nexis back then in the 80 ?????

No. Lexus Nexus is more of an internet age thing. It's replaced law firms having law libraries. Back then you'd still have any trial lawyer able to rip holes in all the excesses you described.

The problem most people have is twofold; they're afraid of courts and they don't know their rights - that is usually true on BOTH sides... What I discovered in law school that was most lawyers are ALSO afraid of courts... Trial lawyers on the other hand, play in courts every day and thrive there - and rarely get walked over by other people's over-reach.

I use a sign saying "Danger: Nudists. Beware of Cooties" :P

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 2

in the words of "Stephen Fry"

"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' it has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so Fu___ing what." 

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

Is it Friday yet ,,,,,  grumbling as i make coffee ........

You're good to go as long as it's not a picture of you 'naked, making coffee' hanging on the wall in front of the window. Otherwise STOPIT!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/19/2019 at 3:28 PM, Pussycat Catnap said:

That said... In SL, which is NOT 'Real' property, and legally not even chattel property, but a service - the rules CAN and DO dictate what we can rez inside our homes - which was why I started this thread. :)

Waiting on my coffee maker to finish but am i reading this wrong but did she not answer  her own question?  images6I8DVMRJ.jpg.fd109c2526ba8367457713f50ecce46c.jpg

10 minutes ago, roseelvira said:

Waiting on my coffee maker to finish but am i reading this wrong but did she not answer  her own question?  

I think she was asking for some clarification on exactly what the rules are. They can be a little hazy and subjective and she was just making sure she wasn't stepping outside the lines.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raspberry Crystal said:

I think we've got to the part of this thread where everyone is talking about different things. We need a thumbs up best answer function :D

Does this one qualify?

On 10/15/2019 at 9:19 AM, Dakota Linden said:

Greetings All!

Nude art should be okay on Moderate regions, including Linden Home Regions that are Moderate.  

696537871_thumbsup.png.a4253deb3d45bf48a5fb46e1d153efea.png

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1641 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.