What are you watching today?

Luna posted a GIF that had me digging up these Monkey Ed clips and movies and putting them on the tv that we recorded years ago..

The kids are cracking up.. It's keeping them busy while I mess around in the kitchen..

If anyone isn't familiar with Monkey Ed..here is one of their clips where they are doing Brave Heart

• Like 1

I started watching Rules of Engagement again.. The Husband is so hilarious..

He's the guy that used to play the Tick, and also was Elaine's BF on Seinfeld..

I just love everything he does.. hehehehe

This show is so good..

This is where they bought a chair, and he finds out his wife ends up hating the chair, but she doesn't want him to know she does..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1

I liked the series Hanna, on Prime, though the first season was better than the second. The movie from awhile back was good too. Though a familiar trope it was well done and different enough to make it enjoyable, plus a great cast.

hanna series.jpg

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 1

WW2 movies today.

1) Dunkirk (2017)

The story of the miraculous evacuation of Allied soldiers from Belgium, Britain, Canada and France, who were cut off and surrounded by the German army from the beaches and harbor of Dunkirk between May 26th and June 4th 1940 during World War II.

2) Land of Mine(2016)

In the days following the surrender of Germany in May 1945, a group of young German prisoners of war is handed over to the Danish authorities and subsequently sent to the West Coast, where they are ordered to remove the more than two million mines that the Germans had placed in the sand.

Edited by Nick0678
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

I liked the series Hanna, on Prime, though the first season was better than the second. The movie from awhile back was good too. Though a familiar trope it was well done and different enough to make it enjoyable, plus a great cast.

I really liked the movie.. I'll have to try the series..

That scene where she hugs the woman in the beginning of the trailer, reminds me of the same scene in the movie..

It looks like a really good series..

Currently watching a web page spin as it tries to stream the company's Town Hall meeting.  I can see the slides presented, but the video just spins.  Then again, I hadn't really planned on paying much attention anyway.

In much more interesting news, I had previously added The Alienist to my watch list, but hadn't gotten to it yet.  Now that another season has come out, I decided to finally dive in.  

• Like 2

On 8/8/2020 at 3:15 AM, Garnet Psaltery said:

Just when I thought Netflix had nothing to offer but shows about super-powerful teenagers, the algorithms gave me this.  Three episodes in and I'm hooked. 

Fantastic series so far, but word is Netflix released all the actors from their contracts and a 3rd installment is looking unlikely, which sucks. This show is very well written .

• Thanks 1

I just finished watching the movie, The Outsiders.

There was a lot of up and coming stars in that movie..just about everyone in it.. it was pretty good for a movie from back in the 80's..

Not saying the 80's didn't have any good movies, but there were a lot that just had that 80's style of music in a lot of the movies and were like scooby doo endings..this was a good serious movie that I really liked..

I still can't believe the cast they had in it  and all were so young..

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I just finished watching the movie, The Outsiders.

There was a lot of up and coming stars in that movie..just about everyone in it.. it was pretty good for a movie from back in the 80's..

Not saying the 80's didn't have any good movies, but there were a lot that just had that 80's style of music in a lot of the movies and were like scooby doo endings..this was a good serious movie that I really liked..

I still can't believe the cast they had in it  and all were so young..

I remember reading that book as a child and then seeing the movie when it first came out.  The movie actually didn't stray too much from the book - both being pretty good, IMO.

On 8/13/2020 at 4:42 PM, Pussycat Catnap said:

Genre fiction can be horrifying if you look at it realistically... O.o

except according to the way the ball is supposed to work its not really tiny inside them. its just small on the outside but big on the inside. so not really a cage.. but a posh hotel room which a lot of people would love to live in and would never want to leave unless forced too.