Fall Fashion 2019 is Here...

FairreLilette

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1720 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Prints seem to be predominant in Fall fashion this year.  It is very hard in SL to match prints at seams (for me it is).

Head coverings also seem to be a predominant theme.

The last photo looks like designers could make a mesh head so we could carry it around.  Sounds like a plan.  (no, not really.)  

I also saw a lot of stuff that looks like "cartoons".  

Comments?

fall fash 67.jpg

fall fash.jpg

fall fashion.jpg

fall fashion 20192.jpg

fall fashion 2019.jpg

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Kweopi said:

I've never seen anything more creepy than walking with your head in your hand. If this becomes fashionable, I think I'll stay in the house longer

LOL!  It is creepy.  I was wondering if photoshopped because that head is very realistic looking.  

I like the pink printed coat (photo 1).

Next set of photos:

I also saw kind of retro Punky and velvet, and OMG, I had those exact black shoes with the bows 83245000s******8 (not saying) YEARS ago in the last two photos in this post and they had sparkle glitter on them too and they were exactly like those.  Those are cute shoes!   The shoes were a gift, bought in Hollywood.    

I'm loving the velvet I'm seeing.   And, I have SL lipstick like in the last two photos....hmmmmmmmm?  

punky71.jpg

punky2.jpg

my shoes.jpg

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 1

Another trend I saw was shoulder duster earrings.  I like them, and the print coats and the platform shoes above.  Sneakers with dresses again (like in the photos above)...I'm not so sure yet but maybe.  

fall 2019.jpg

ralphWINNER.jpg

Edited by FairreLilette
  • Like 3

A lot of this looks like typical Dolce & Gabbana -- really really sort of Baroque or Rococo, verging on (in my view, YMMV) kitsch. I find it a bit of an "old lady" look myself?

On the other hand, anything that moves SL fashion for women past the LBD, or necklines that plunge down to your navel, or the inevitable side slit, or . . . etc., is probably a positive thing.

Florals are supposedly in this year, but what I'm actually mostly seeing is almost tweedy power suits, with shoulders that are sort of a shout out to the 80s.

Check out Proenza Schouler. I kinda love most of this stuff.

https://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/fall-2019-ready-to-wear/proenza-schouler/slideshow/collection

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

meh... they guys now have underwear that shows the package in overly abundant detail.

"Now"? You've never heard of Vitamen, then. They were doing that back in the early days of sculpties. xD

14 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

I suspect next someone will use the new Bento bone in the pelvis to animate the "boner". We will no longer have to wonder if they are 'happy' to see us...

"Next"? There are already Bento balls. They came out within about a month of Bento being released.

"Meh" is my response, too - but not to the state of men in SL. Instead, it's my response to the state of male fashion in SL. It gets really really damn OLD when all you see everywhere is: sweatpants, sweatshirts, sweatshorts, hoodies, tank tops, tattoos, sportswear, baseball caps, and sneakers. I'm sick to death of it, if I'm honest. It's dispiriting when you realise that this is the way menswear has been in SL for about two to three years now, with even the innovative and unusual designers having mostly slid into adding to the depressing miasma of sweatpants.

I used to shop a hell of a lot (and would still try to, if there was much clothing of interest to me out there), but most months now I only end up buying accessories, hair, and skins, because - the occasional store like Hotdog or Contraption notwithstanding - one can only have so many pairs of jeans.

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Kweopi said:

I've never seen anything more creepy than walking with your head in your hand. If this becomes fashionable, I think I'll stay in the house longer

LOL. Now I can't unsee it any more. 😍

But yeah, that's more than a mite disturbing. (At first I thought that extra head grew out of the side of her body, giving me all sorts of "Kill me!" flashbacks from Alien 4).

2 hours ago, Kweopi said:

That girl looks creepy enough even without carrying her head. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

A lot of this looks like typical Dolce & Gabbana -- really really sort of Baroque or Rococo, verging on (in my view, YMMV) kitsch. I find it a bit of an "old lady" look myself?

On the other hand, anything that moves SL fashion for women past the LBD, or necklines that plunge down to your navel, or the inevitable side slit, or . . . etc., is probably a positive thing.

Florals are supposedly in this year, but what I'm actually mostly seeing is almost tweedy power suits, with shoulders that are sort of a shout out to the 80s.

Check out Proenza Schouler. I kinda love most of this stuff.

https://www.vogue.com/fashion-shows/fall-2019-ready-to-wear/proenza-schouler/slideshow/collection

Yes, some of the designers were doing an all tonal look.  It's good.

Regarding the plethora of prints, I got to thinking perhaps I could put a different print on each part of the MAP and that will look smashing.  I'll have to try it!  That way I don't have to match the seams.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Skell Dagger said:

"Meh" is my response, too - but not to the state of men in SL. Instead, it's my response to the state of male fashion in SL. It gets really really damn OLD when all you see everywhere is: sweatpants, sweatshirts, sweatshorts, hoodies, tank tops, tattoos, sportswear, baseball caps, and sneakers. I'm sick to death of it, if I'm honest. It's dispiriting when you realise that this is the way menswear has been in SL for about two to three years now, with even the innovative and unusual designers having mostly slid into adding to the depressing miasma of sweatpants.

I used to shop a hell of a lot (and would still try to, if there was much clothing of interest to me out there), but most months now I only end up buying accessories, hair, and skins, because - the occasional store like Hotdog or Contraption notwithstanding - one can only have so many pairs of jeans.

Well, in real life, you can look like an Amish doctor or a Pimp.  

Prints too, and hats and sneakers...just like us women.     

men5.jpg

men2.jpg

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Angelina String said:

You know you're spending too much time in SL, when you look at the photo like that, and think "Is that white shirt clipping thru her jacket?!" 😍

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, OlliesOrbit said:
3 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

Well, in real life, you can look like an Amish doctor or a Pimp.  

Prints too, and hats and sneakers...just like us women.     

men5.jpg

I'd actually love to adopt that look 😂. Please someone make this a thing in SL.

Yes, especially these shoes. I would kill to have a pair like that.

10 hours ago, Gregorian Chant said:

Yes, especially these shoes. I would kill to have a pair like that.

The last pair is a China slipper and made of silk.

12 hours ago, Angelina String said:

I do think that girl with the "head purse" was from the Gucci Fall 2018 runway in Milan?

Jared Leto made "fun" of it at the Met Gala earlier in May this year...

gettyimages-1147422959.jpg?crop=1xw:1xh;

Ah, yes, I looked again at the one with head...it's Gucci 2018/2019 Fall / Winter.  Well, she kind of fit right in with some of the other's I saw with all the prints sans the head, of course.    (Video added below.  Thanks to Angelica Sting.  However, I never got to wear it or saw it.  :(  So, I may wear it this year.  Not the head.  All the prints and sparkles, and you can add a tiara with street clothes too.  That's for me!    

This one is from London 2019, now don't know if it's London 2018/2019 Fall/Winter...but I have seen this senior model and I think it is kind of cool.  What do you all think of a senior model.  Do you know her name?  

london3.jpg

Edited by FairreLilette
Add in Gucci 2018/19 Fashion Show

Update:  I think some of the clothes in this thread previewed in the Spring of 2019 but are/were fashion trends for 2019/2020 because some of them are in this 2019/2020 fashion trends for 2019/2020 which was published in March of 2019, as were a lot of articles.   

From what I've seen, fashion seems to range from the extremely outrageous to rather conservative with not a lot in-between.  

https://glowsly.com/fall-winter-fashion-trends/

and quickly go through trends here:

https://glowsly.com/category/style/trends/

Edited by FairreLilette

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1720 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.