Too many complaints!

Orwar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1768 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Trolling is, in my mind at least, a deliberate attempt to destabilize conduct and provoke outrage; rather the opposite of my intent with this thread. But who knows - if I vanish, don't trust the note left behind!

• Like 1

Just now, Akane Nacht said:

why are you passionate about adhesives? 

Because I'm a bookbinder, and whilst a lot of people prefer modern, synthetic adhesives, I regard them with a great deal of skepticism and consider the health of the books to be of greater import than the temporary convenience of the bookbinder. Hide glue and starch paste has been used for centuries and have proven their reliability (and we're well aware of their drawbacks and are thus well-equipped to deal with such), whereas PVA and EVA glues haven't proven themselves yet.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Orwar said:

Because I'm a bookbinder, and whilst a lot of people prefer modern, synthetic adhesives, I regard them with a great deal of skepticism and consider the health of the books to be of greater import than the temporary convenience of the bookbinder. Hide glue and starch paste has been used for centuries and have proven their reliability (and we're well aware of their drawbacks and are thus well-equipped to deal with such), whereas PVA and EVA glues haven't proven themselves yet.

I suspect Akane may be a little disappointed by this response.

I know I am.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I suspect Akane may be a little disappointed by this response.

I know I am.

Now I'm afraid to ask what you were expecting. o.O

4 minutes ago, Orwar said:

here I was imagining something sinister to do with duct tape...

cool tho.. I used to send my art books for thread binding 

• Like 1

Just now, Akane Nacht said:

here I was imagining something sinister to do with duct tape...

Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:

But there are whole other realms of possibility out there that are frankly beyond my ken . . .

Oh, that. I shan't divulge such details, in respect of the forum's rating.

tenor.gif

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Trolling is, in my mind at least, a deliberate attempt to destabilize conduct and provoke outrage; rather the opposite of my intent with this thread. But who knows - if I vanish, don't trust the note left behind!

What note? Anyone got a bottle of water? I seem to have bit of a case of cottonmouth.

2 minutes ago, Bree Giffen said:

I can't get into a shopping event! 

Whew. There we go. Feeling better now.

That's all too relatable. TP-hammer + YouTube is your friend. Don't forget to mute SL to avoid the madness that derives from the constant failed TP pings!

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

Hope this works..... :)

If I got a pound a minute for every argument I was in ...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

I love typefaces too!

Don't make me fetch the riding cr-- Right, never mind.

2 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

You'd be fat?

Ohhhhh. Wait. You don't mean that kind of pound, right?

That'd be a good way of achieving world peace, though, if that happened to argumentative people!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Orwar said:

That was the intended purpose of this thread, but I took so long to post it as I realised I hadn't had my morning tea yet that someone else posted another thread for that purpose whilst I was sipping my tea.

Always a mistake to use anything on the internet after consuming too much alcohol or too little tea

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1768 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.