Tilia takes over

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1224 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

3 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

Nevermind. I'm not going to get drawn into a debate on fair reporting with you or anyone else. 

Just really disappointed. 

Are you disappointed that someone disagrees with you, or are you taking it personally on behalf of LL, or..? You’re very passionate about it, whatever the answer!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Are you disappointed that someone disagrees with you, or are you taking it personally on behalf of LL, or..? You’re very passionate about it, whatever the answer!

This is not a question I will respond to unless Ryan asks me personally. My reasons are mine and I will gladly share that with him person to person.

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

My being disappointed is personal. My reaction and commentary on his post isn't. 

You make your disappointment public by expressing it! It’s like shaming. School teachers do that to get students back “in line”. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

You make your disappointment public by expressing it! It’s like shaming. School teachers do that to get students back “in line”. 

Love, that was in response to his response to my commentary on his blog. I actually deleted what I was going to say and then ended with my saying I was disappointed. I have known Ryan for awhile. We got to be good friends in Sansar. I respect him and enjoy his blog. I read it often. 

Now, you can keep stirring this up but I'm not going to respond any further.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Blush Bravin said:

Love, that was in response to his response to my commentary on his blog. I actually deleted what I was going to say and then ended with my saying I was disappointed. I have known Ryan for awhile. We got to be good friends in Sansar. I respect him and enjoy his blog. I read it often. 

Now, you can keep stirring this up but I'm not going to respond any further.

Thanks, your disappointment confused me, I respected you more than that.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Vanity Fair said:

Sorry, not buying it.

How did they decide which questions were to be deleted? What is "off topic"?!?? Chic Aeon has been monitoring the situation carefully and blogged about LL deleting users' valid questions, why would she lie? 

But (as the tagline of my blog states) my blog is about “news and views” (viewpoints). What is going on with Linden Lab is newsworthy, and I do want to continue to share what I really think and feel about what I am reporting on. Otherwise, I am just a corporate shill, a PR parrot. I want to have the freedom to report on news and events in the evolving metaverse, to praise and criticize the various companies as I see fit.

If you are reporting something, in a news format. You must be unbiased, basically what you do is an opinion piece. Sorry to say that, but it's true. If you were reporting on, as a reporter did. You would give an unbiased view on this whole thing. I was raised that the news had to be honest, and give both sides, and reporters were to leave their opinions at the front door.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

I'm really disappointed that you took this approach, Ryan. You know I hold you in high regard. So it's not easy for me to call you on this.

Quoting from the official thread:

Please use this space to ask your questions specific to the announcement and we'll continue to review and respond where we can. For general comments that are not in the form of questions, we recommend that you continue to use the other forum thread, so that the focus of this thread stays on direct questions and answers. Off topic commentary may be removed or moved from this thread.

We'll also be holding a Tilia Town Hall event inworld in Second Life on Friday, July 12 at 1 p.m. (SLT/Pacific). For those who can't make the live event, we'll make available a video and transcript soon thereafter.

That thread is there for a specific reason. Questions that are repetitive or not objectively stated may or may not have been deleted. The point is there are other threads to post in or vent as many have been doing in the guise of asking a question in the official thread. A link to the other thread is given at the beginning of the official thread. The information about the town hall meeting is also given. Please don't jump to a conclusion about the motives in regards to why some content has been removed from that thread. I do not for one moment believe that Linden Lab is using censorship in order to control the conversation as you stated in your post.

This fearmongering really needs to stop. The questions have to be A relevant, and B not repetitive. That all being said, these blog posts need to stop with this false info, or creating fear, or spreading of misinformation. I am really getting sick and tired of it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

Nevermind. I'm not going to get drawn into a debate on fair reporting with you or anyone else. 

Just really disappointed. 

What is fair reporting in today's world anyway? Newspapers, have basically become opinion pieces. Blogs have been going the same way. Spreading misinformation, and lies, to create fear amongst the masses.

11 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

There are many reasons it is commonly referred to as Faux News rather than Fox News.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/cifamerica/2009/nov/12/fox-news-obama-administration

Most news outlets, and I say most don't practice the rules of proper journalism.  You see it a lot in RL, especially on the TV. The biggest one, is Journalists are to not have a bias. But yet you see on most of these stations, that they bring their biases right in. You are reporting the news, not giving your opinion. Leave your biases at the door.

• Like 2

Just now, halebore Aeon said:

Most news outlets, and I say most don't practice the rules of proper journalism.  You see it a lot in RL, especially on the TV. The biggest one, is Journalists are to not have a bias. But yet you see on most of these stations, that they bring their biases right in. You are reporting the news, not giving your opinion. Leave your biases at the door.

Did you even read the article? Fox News is a political propaganda machine. It is not a real news station, regardless of what Fox News claims.

2 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

Did you even read the article? Fox News is a political propaganda machine. It is not a real news station, regardless of what Fox News claims.

I was reading the article as we speak. Lol. But to that end, and how far I have read into it. CNN could also be classified as a Television Network, hell most news channels on either side, that spout propaganda. You could say that about most news channels today. I don't watch news for that reason, I have no inkling to watch the spread of misinformation on either side.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, halebore Aeon said:

I was reading the article as we speak. Lol. But to that end, and how far I have read into it. CNN could also be classified as a Television Network, hell most news channels on either side, that spout propaganda. You could say that about most news channels today. I don't watch news for that reason, I have no inkling to watch the spread of misinformation on either side.

True, however, most of them are not political propaganda machines in the way that Faux News is. I'm not talking about television networks. Fox is a network, Fox News is not. It is a part of the Fox network.

Fox News (officially Fox News Channel and abbreviated FNC) is an American pay television news channel. It is owned by the Fox News Group, which itself was owned by News Corporation from 1996–2013, 21st Century Fox from 2013–2019, and Fox Corporationsince 2019. The channel broadcasts primarily from studios at 1211 Avenue of the Americas in New York City. Fox News is provided in 86 countries or overseas territories worldwide,[1] with international broadcasts featuring Fox Extra segments during ad breaks.

The channel was created by Australian-American media mogul Rupert Murdoch to appeal to a conservative audience, hiring former Republican Party media consultant and CNBC executive Roger Ailes as its founding CEO.[2][3] It launched on October 7, 1996, to 17 million cable subscribers.[4] Fox News grew during the late 1990s and 2000s to become the dominant subscription news network in the US.[5] As of February 2015, approximately 94,700,000 US households (81.4% of television subscribers) receive Fox News.[6]Murdoch is the current executive chairman and Suzanne Scott is the CEO.[7][8]

Fox News has been described as practicing biased reporting in favor of the Republican Party, the George W. Bush and Donald Trump administrations and conservative causes while slandering the Democratic Party and spreading harmful propaganda intended to negatively affect its members' electoral performances.[9][10][11][12] Critics have cited the channel as detrimental to the integrity of news overall.[13][14] Fox News employees have said that news reporting operates independently of its opinion and commentary programming, and have denied bias in news reporting, while former employees have said that Fox ordered them to "slant the news in favor of conservatives".[15]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_News

If you aren't familiar with Murdoch https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rupert_Murdoch

I stopped watching the news over 30 years ago because there has never been any really "truth in reporting". Every writer gives their stories their own spin even if they make every effort not to. It's human nature.

2 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

True, however, most of them are not political propaganda machines in the way that Faux News is. I'm not talking about television networks. Fox is a network, Fox News is not. It is a part of the Fox network. 

Actually since Disney's acquisition of the Fox Network, both Fox News and Fox Sports are separate entities of the Fox Network. They just kept the name.

3 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_News

If you aren't familiar with Murdoch https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rupert_Murdoch

I stopped watching the news over 30 years ago because there has never been any really "truth in reporting". Every writer gives their stories their own spin even if they make every effort not to. It's human nature.

I heard of the name, but never really knew what he did or what he stood for. I don't even like Fox news. The last time I watched any news show was when the 9/11 attacks happened. That was 17 years ago. That all being said, you are right. Truth in news is scarce, and it's practically all become opinion pieces, and not actual news.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

Actually since Disney's acquisition of the Fox Network, both Fox News and Fox Sports are separate entities of the Fox Network. They just kept the name.

I didn't pay much attention to it at the time it happened so I'd forgotten about that acquisition. They're still all part of the same network, just under Disney's banner.

Edited by Selene Gregoire

6 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

I didn't pay much attention to it at the time it happened so I'd forgotten about that acquisition. They're still all part of the same network, just under Disney's banner.

No, they only bought out Fox for it's TV programs and Movies. Kinda like they Bought out the Muppets. but never acquired Sesame Street. It's basically the same thing.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1224 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.