Tilia takes over

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1217 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

23 minutes ago, DilliDallagio said:

I really need to build the debug version of the viewer to see what the problem is. Only then can I give any meaningful feedback. It might just be a case of incompatible libraries between their target distro (Debian/Ubuntu) and my runtime distros (Tumbleweed & Solus).

Umm... I never mentioned feedback... I said "ask for help". Quite a few knowledgeable about those distros in the group that could help solve the crashing problem. Might even be a wiki troubleshooting page on it if you were to look.

https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/

• Like 1

A few questions. I haven't seen much going on here after Friday last, but  ----

We were supposed to get a transcript "speedily" of the Tilia Town Hall meeting. I haven't seen anything --- does someone have a link?

While it was stated in the Tilia Town Hall meeting that the FAQ thread would remain open and keep "answering" questions, it closed.  HMMMMM.   

I asked two  important questions over the weekend, one that could impact a fair amount of people and one that is more narrow in focus but could have some very important ramifications for "some" folks. Neither of course were answered.

So for someone that this MAY impact, my question was briefly:   Is the inactivity fee when charged a MONTHLY FEE?    

Seems like they should know that.  IF that might possibly impact YOU, it might be good to ask support. It is a VERY simple question and some people believe Grumpity said it would be monthly in the Tilia Town Hall meeting; hence my question.  It will NOT impact me, so no reason for me to ask support who will simply say "you have no USD balance so it will not affect your" rather than a yes or a no which is really what is important overall.  

Back to making siding (sigh) but then some decorating which is loads more fun.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

Is the inactivity fee when charged a MONTHLY FEE?   

One can buy Steam-codes via a certain website. There I have a balance as well. Have not bought a game through them in quite a while and got charged an inactivity fee as well.

Afaik this is not monthly, but periodically ( in my case about quarterly ).

Regarding Tilia : I think it was mentioned this fee is charged once when an account is inactive for a whole year. I reckon this fee is annually therefore. It was mentioned at the meeting ( the fee I mean ) but cannot recall a permanent stance on that or who answered that specific question.

The transcript while have to be typed out from the video. A chat transcript is useless regarding this because hardly anything was asked  or answered in there.

They said repeatedly though that any specific questions from now on can be adressed to  SL Support.

Edited by TDD123

3 minutes ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

Grumpity answered this at the Town Hall.
She confirmed the inactivity fee is monthly.

Video set to the time she said this.

Thanks. I listened and listened to that part by Grumpity over and over and for some reason (the giggles perhaps and a less than great microphone) I couldn't tell exactly what she said :D.   But I will concur with the masses that CAN hear it OK.  

35 minutes ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

She confirmed the inactivity fee is monthly.

That sucks but it will eat up the smaller balances quickly so those won't be sitting on the books at the end of the year and have to be written off as losses. Larger balances will take longer obviously and if it's a fair chunk of RL change, I doubt (short of death or serious illness) the resident would leave it to be slowly eaten away. 

Not a great thing from a consumer's pov but definitely a good thing from an accounting and taxes pov.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Selene Gregoire said:

That sucks but it will eat up the smaller balances quickly so those won't be sitting on the books at the end of the year and have to be written off as losses. 

My company stopped giving vacation “time” as the banked time was a liability for them. Now we just get “vacation”.

19 minutes ago, juanaax said:

¿que pasarlas personas que tienen cuenta gratis en second life?

Las personas que tienen una cuenta gratuita son las mismas que las que son miembros Premium. A menos que transfieran dinero de Second Life, no se verán afectados. Si transfieren dinero a PayPal o algo parecido, deberán aceptar los Términos de servicio de Tilia y proporcionar una identificación. Si no retiran dinero de Second Life pero tienen dólares de los Estados Unidos en su cuenta de Second Life, no necesitarán identificación, pero deberán aceptar los Términos de servicio de Tilia. ¿Esto ayuda?

good afternoon, I have several questions unresolved, review the terms of Tilia conditions and these questions are the ones I have

1-Tilia affects people with payment information, or all second life users?

2-we have to provide all our personal data to Tilia or only those who are from EE. UU ?

3-the fee for an inactive account will be paid in lindens

4-If I have some amount of linden in my account, are the terms of Tilia automatically activated?

5-Tilia is going to remove linden from my account?

6- Tilia can withdraw money from credit cards, debit cards, or paypal?

7- the inactive account rates of how much is the minimum and the maximum fine?

8-On August 1, 2019 will I lose the linden I have in my accumulated account?

9- the deadline to recover an inactive account is 6 months if they do not eliminate it?

10-Will there remain debts and complaints for not paying an inactive account?

I have some users with the same doubts that I am urgent to know the answer many of these users are already leaving to enter second life and thinking about quitting playing second life

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1217 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.