When did you last see a Bellessarian home available?

Nika Talaj
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

29 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Reinok and Penelopea - but who cares when we have STILTS pending? ;)

Hehe, I still appreciate the info, since I'm not going for the stilts :) so thank you Leora.

I've had one of those 'glorious' months in SL (not to mention how much fun we are having in RL), so maybe som GoH will cheer me up; the thread has been slow with abandons lately, I hope it gets better once the stilts show up

• Like 4

54 minutes ago, Elena Core said:

Hehe, I still appreciate the info, since I'm not going for the stilts :) so thank you Leora.

I've had one of those 'glorious' months in SL (not to mention how much fun we are having in RL), so maybe som GoH will cheer me up; the thread has been slow with abandons lately, I hope it gets better once the stilts show up

There have been a lot of abandons showing up on the Land page in the past few days from all themes:)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Rabid Cheetah said:

Well...yes.  You're new here, so we have very little to go on, given a lack of a post history.  Which we'll never have, if you cease posting.  I was merely offering some advice on why your post came off that way.  You really shouldn't let something like that drive you away.  Everyone's opinion is valid here.  I mean, it's called The Forum, yes?  I dunno, maybe it's the font choice that's a bit off-putting.  I'm sure if we were in a coffee shop sipping cups of java we'd all be smiling -- something that's lost in electronic text-only communication.

Oh.  Great.  Now some dude just walked into my imaginary coffee shop without a mask.  PUT A MASK ON!!! 😄

I didn't say anything about stopping posting on the forum. I just wanted to leave the subject of rezz zones. on the other hand, not publishing does not mean that it is not there.

5 hours ago, Elena Core said:

There have been a steady stream of abandons of all home types in the past week, far more than usual, but you are right that fewer of them are getting posted in this thread.  I tend to only list homes that I think people are likely to want, and don't bother with the ones I consider less desirable.  Also, it appears that some regular contributors have left the GoH, or are at least no longer posting abandons. 

Under these circumstances, the best option for finding those "forever" parcels is to monitor the home selection page and take your chances.  I'm sure the abandon postings will pick up again eventually, especially as available homes dwindles again.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Matthieu Quander said:

There have been a steady stream of abandons of all home types in the past week, far more than usual, but you are right that fewer of them are getting posted in this thread.  I tend to only list homes that I think people are likely to want, and don't bother with the ones I consider less desirable.  Also, it appears that some regular contributors have left the GoH, or are at least no longer posting abandons. 

Under these circumstances, the best option for finding those "forever" parcels is to monitor the home selection page and take your chances.  I'm sure the abandon postings will pick up again eventually, especially as available homes dwindles again.  

plenty of homes at the LP    right now camper and Vic 

• Like 2

This isn't one I would normally post, but in the spirit of getting more abandons listed, here is a houseboat that I just managed to catch.  Its defining characteristic is that it is on the southernmost region of Bellisseria.  I'll be dropping it in 5 minutes.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Spinnaker/184/124/15

Edited by Matthieu Quander
grammar bad
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, Matthieu Quander said:

I have been rather lucky and found what may be my "forever" home... as it turns out, I was trying to get one of the parcels posted/pictured here... I did not get it but did get another one what was not listed here but was just as nice. My alt has a nice home too that I got with random trying.  ATM there are a LOT of really nice homes coming available as people free up their land holdings in hopes of getting a stilt home. If you are looking for a nice non-stilt home, it is a great time to go parcel shopping for the other models.

• Like 3

Just now, Leora Greenwood said:

Sorry to ask a rather noob-ish question but I am newish to the Game of Homes.  Yesterday I caught and abandoned the limit of Linden Homes so am now in the 24-hour "penalty box".  When does the 24 hours count from?  The time of the last abandon?  Something else?  Thanks in advance.

I havent hit the penalty box myself yet but I am told it is a 24-hour period .. that rolls forward as time progresses. So from the first one ... but you will still be at 4 of 5 allowed until the 2nd one expires, and so on.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Sorry to ask a rather noob-ish question but I am newish to the Game of Homes.  Yesterday I caught and abandoned the limit of Linden Homes so am now in the 24-hour "penalty box".  When does the 24 hours count from?  The time of the last abandon?  Something else?  Thanks in advance.

This happened to me the other day and I believe it clears up from the 1st abandon time atleast it worked for me that way. Hope it works for you too :D The limit is 5 in 24 hours. I went back in my teleport history and found the time that I caught my first home the day before so then i figured out the next a.m. I would be alrite.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Just now, Teresa Firelight said:

I havent hit the penalty box myself yet but I am told it is a 24-hour period .. that rolls forward as time progresses. So from the first one ... but you will still be at 4 of 5 allowed until the 2nd one expires, and so on.

This is correct.  Put another way, you are allowed 5 claims in a 24-hour period.  When you reach the limit, it will tell you that you have to wait 24 hours, but that technically isn't true.  You only have to wait until it has been 24 hours since your first claim.  You will then have to wait until it has been 24 hours since your 2nd claim to grab another.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

There has been debate in these threads before about whether it is 24 hours from the time of claiming a home or 24 hours from the time of abandoning a home. In my experience, it is 24 hours from claiming, on a rolling basis as noted above.

Someone recently posted that they verified this with Support, but I don't recall where exactly that post would be. Probably buried in this thread somewhere!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

There has been debate in these threads before about whether it is 24 hours from the time of claiming a home or 24 hours from the time of abandoning a home. In my experience, it is 24 hours from claiming, on a rolling basis as noted above.

Someone recently posted that they verified this with Support, but I don't recall where exactly that post would be. Probably buried in this thread somewhere!

Yep, as a long-time GOH player, I've found that it counts from the time you abandon. So if you've hit the 5 home limit, you get another chance 24 hours from when you abandoned the earliest one on that list. Your mileage may vary, but that's been my experience.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for all of the replies; you guys are so smart!  I just checked my teleport history (I use Firestorm) and see that the first two are listed as "yesterday" and the latest three as "today" although they were before I went to bed last night.  That is definitely helpful.  Is there a way of getting more information in Firestorm as to the actual times of claiming and abandoning?

Added:  off to check the Firestorm help pages, as I should have done earlier!

Edited by Leora Greenwood
just a doofus
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Leora Greenwood said:

Thanks for all of the replies; you guys are so smart!  I just checked my teleport history (I use Firestorm) and see that the first two are listed as "yesterday" and the latest three as "today" although they were before I went to bed last night.  That is definitely helpful.  Is there a way of getting more information in Firestorm as to the actual times of claiming and abandoning?

I do it "old school". I just keep the time on a notepad.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1117 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.