Teasers or no teasers in SL 16 video

Kat Shadow

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1820 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 minutes ago, Beth Macbain said:

A couple days ago, I went to the first page of the SSP topic since I wasn't around on the forums in those days.

It was a great read... literally everybody was wrong about everything at one point or another, but they were having fun speculating and over-thinking, and under-thinking, and sideways-thinking, and diagonally-thinking.

It cracks me up now when I see someone dig in their heels about something they are absolutely, positively certain about because those same people were absolutely, positively certain about what SSP was, along with each and every little detail, and they were repeatedly wrong. No harm, no foul. It was a lot of fun to read since I'd never heard SSP, or Moles, or new homes, or anything until I got a boat on that first day and missed a great deal of what is now SL history.

My point, I suppose, is that people who think they know everything rarely know anything. 

It's been interesting and funny at times since last year. Back then I don't think anyone would of thought of a super massive continent with houseboats/new homes.

Edited by Daniel Voyager
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Anyway it was announced that the "new themes" should be shown during the 16th Anniversary Celebrations wasn't it?

Big question is WHERE? Will there be an expo like it was for the Bellisseria homes and boats?

There is a preview area in the SL16B regions. It's visible in the lower-right-hand corner on the Map (SL16B Stunning). More than that, I'm not allowed to say at this point in time.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

I have watched the video at a quarter of the normal speed, and although unlikely, I think I may have caught a tiny glimpse of the new LL home theme.
As I said, it's unlikely. Highly unlikely even but on the off chance that I am correct, I will NOT post a screenshot, nor reveal where in the video I think I have seen it but you can go an see if you can find anything that seems like it could be the new theme. :D 

I watched through slowly KNOWING what I was looking for and saw nothing, not even the region that was holding the builds. That region was gone for much of the time (taken up maybe two weeks or more ago) so likely it wasn't around when they were filming.     This assuming you are NOT talking about the beach huts -- which "could" be a new theme I guess -- but not what was in the area next to the previously released homes and houseboats.   

After Patch speaks perhaps all will become clear :D.

PS. Patch posted a hint on his Flickr stream which was posted here on the forums (maybe the SSP thread, not sure). So check that out if you want an "official" hint. 

Edited by Chic Aeon
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

I watched through slowly KNOWING what I was looking for and saw nothing, not even the region that was holding the builds.

Way to crush my fantasies! 

image.png.edbf7900ae7b84f826cb50635bf3a356.png

31 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

PS. Patch posted a hint on his Flickr stream which was posted here on the forums (maybe the SSP thread, not sure). So check that out if you want an "official" hint. 

That's the thing, the speculation is more fun than any form of confirmation that I could get 🙂

Edited by Fritigern Gothly
(Stupid gifs don;t work, replaced with static pic)Gif disappeared after posting, adding link as well....'
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

I did some sleuthing.  I remember watching a video interview with Patch, when I first was exploring information about the new 2019 Linden homes.  I watched the video a few times and teleported to Bellisseria continent for comparison.  What I did notice was that the streets, sidewalks and street lights are the same in the Second Life birthday video that showcases the shops and schoolhouse as what is being used now in the neighborhoods of the traditional homes.

The Second Life intro video to the 2019 Linden homes, mentions the two themes, traditional homes and house boats.  The traditional homes are styled after mid 20th century starter homes.  This would be a time period of 1933-1967.  The shops and school house are also styled to this time period.

For myself, I do believe that these are new areas to be introduced to Bellisseria.  We have pools, parks, many little community nooks, even some pubs. So why not a faux commercial district?  After all this would complete a more realistic neighborhood.  Parks, pools, schools, shopping centers, drive in movie theaters, etc. of a time period that community and neighbors were a key part of single and family enjoyment of living.  The little beach huts are popular where I currently live and rent. Could these be the 512 new models?  As for other larger places, its difficult to say what Patch was hinting at but its fun to guess.

For more clues to what might be coming, I have included the interview with Patch Linden. Inserts below of just a portion and the video link to watch.

Interview clip:

Interviewer asks: "There's currently a lot of undeveloped land, is this targeted for expansion of the new style homes?"

Patch says: "It might be..."

Interviewer asks: "Are there plans for other styles that you hinted at this?"

Patch says: "Yeah. We do have plans for quite a few more styles of homes. And who's to say they are all ... homes?" 

Interviewer asks: "Will they all be 1024, the maxium free land allocated to premium members? Or are you planning to have some smaller homes or larger ones, for that matter?"

Patch says: "We do plan to have a mix. Ya know, this is intended to be a replacement for the old Linden homes. So we do want to cover kind of both ownership experiences. Where if somebody wants to split their parcel useage and have a smaller home that only uses a 512 sq meter parcel of land from their tier allotment for their premium account they can do so. These two particular homes types that we're going out with initially don't have that mix, but we've got some others, again in accordance with the other type of homes or not homes as they were, coming, that may or may not be 1024 or 512 either way."

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Blush Bravin said:

The real question is are you considering rerolling to get one of the new themed homes?

I absolutely plan to - though waiting for whatever the "Tahoe" style replacement will be. Based on hypothesis (pictures, conjecture, rumor-control) that won't be the next theme and may be some time, yet. But definitely in my plans.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

I have watched the video at a quarter of the normal speed, and although unlikely, I think I may have caught a tiny glimpse of the new LL home theme.
As I said, it's unlikely. Highly unlikely even but on the off chance that I am correct, I will NOT post a screenshot, nor reveal where in the video I think I have seen it but you can go an see if you can find anything that seems like it could be the new theme. :D 

THANK YOU for spoiler-free. I so hate spoilers because, as someone else said elsewhere (before of after this post - not sure) - the anticipation is half the fun. :D

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

THANK YOU for spoiler-free. I so hate spoilers because, as someone else said elsewhere (before of after this post - not sure) - the anticipation is half the fun. :D

I know, right? I like to speculate, to guess and wonder about the big surprize until the time that the surprize is revealed. Even if I happen to guess something right, I don't want to know. Not yet anyway, and definitely NOT until tomorrow.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hendrix Portal said:

The beach houses shown in the video are Trompe Loeil's Suffolk Beach Huts, which were an Arcade gacha some time ago. 

09613-f9e1a3d2-7990-47c9-9f68-4f76ae76444e.png

They are indeed! I know that Patch mentioned there would be some 512 lot sized new homes. Which a beach hut would fit that model.  So would a trailer.  We can guess our brains out! Thank you for sharing. 😉

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

I watched through slowly KNOWING what I was looking for and saw nothing, not even the region that was holding the builds. That region was gone for much of the time (taken up maybe two weeks or more ago) so likely it wasn't around when they were filming.     This assuming you are NOT talking about the beach huts -- which "could" be a new theme I guess -- but not what was in the area next to the previously released homes and houseboats.   

After Patch speaks perhaps all will become clear :D.

You got me curious so I went to look at his flickr.  I saw a possible clue and that would be so cool to see in the neighborhoods but I won't state what I noticed.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, PrudenceAnton said:

You got me curious so I went to look at his flickr.  I saw a possible clue and that would be so cool to see in the neighborhoods but I won't state what I noticed.

Most of us are guessing trailer homes near the mountains

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

It just hit me whilst watching the video...

Several people have asked for a shopping/commercial area on Bellisseria. 
Now, commerce is still not allowed in the Linden homes, but we can RP it, so behold: the new Bellisseria shopping district!!!!  (Pure Speculation ™©®)

image.thumb.png.59670455ec2d8cee9466d1fc732d5147.png

Those buildings look they are the work of FIN Relive the 50s Store. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/stores/22305 I have a lot of Nil McCallen's furniture.  Love Love the designs. Oh and I don't know why I am a Newb...lol.

Edited by TessaPaige Jupiter
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Blush Bravin said:

The real question is are you considering rerolling to get one of the new themed homes?

I needn't "reroll"!

When I heard of the price rise I instantly made me and ALL my SIX alts Premium for a year.

Now I have five free to grab whatever they might be able to get ... and abandon what they don't like!

PS: oopps you were talking to @Chic Aeon - and I thoght you meant me - sorry.

Edited by Leora Jacobus
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Beth Macbain said:

A couple days ago, I went to the first page of the SSP topic since I wasn't around on the forums in those days.

It was a great read... literally everybody was wrong about everything at one point or another, but they were having fun speculating and over-thinking, and under-thinking, and sideways-thinking, and diagonally-thinking.

It cracks me up now when I see someone dig in their heels about something they are absolutely, positively certain about because those same people were absolutely, positively certain about what SSP was, along with each and every little detail, and they were repeatedly wrong. No harm, no foul. It was a lot of fun to read since I'd never heard SSP, or Moles, or new homes, or anything until I got a boat on that first day and missed a great deal of what is now SL history.

My point, I suppose, is that people who think they know everything rarely know anything. 

It wasn't our fault .. we were drinking or smoking that stuff ya know!! :P

• Haha 5

About the beach huts ---- while MOLES do sometimes use items from regular creators (for example many of the Glytch hunting areas had Trompe Loiel items) all the main builds and most of the furniture, flora et al  in Bellisseria are mole built. There are some items from Sway's but I can't remember seeing any other "commercial" creators listed as the makers. So while it does seem very likely that there will eventually BE some little beach homes since Patch said there would be more nautical themes (Home Expo Radio talk) -- they most likely aren't THESE.  For one they would need to be made by a Mole so that textures could change (that four choice thing) and likely there would be various versions and shapes.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I always had a hard time sleeping the night before the first day of school. Yes, even we teachers get the butterflies in our tummies the night before. So tonight, I'm going to be all excited to see the new theme so will have a hard time going to sleep. Thanks bunches for making me feel 6 again!! :P

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I'm still holding firm on my thought that the new theme will be camping/caravan type homes. Alas, I will be at work tomorrow so can't have a peek till tomorrow night!

If it is by chance, camping trailers or any kind of trailer, I do hope the camera angle works well. I do love those retro looks, but some creators have made them so compact, camming inside is dreary.  Even before the release of the SL 16th birthday video, I had guessed that the smaller 512 homes would be akin to a trailer or hut type structure for smaller home dwellings.  Can't wait to find out...

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

I always had a hard time sleeping the night before the first day of school. Yes, even we teachers get the butterflies in our tummies the night before. So tonight, I'm going to be all excited to see the new theme so will have a hard time going to sleep. Thanks bunches for making me feel 6 again!! :P

While I am excited, I am debating staying up late tonight only because tomorrow morning is going to take foooorrrrrrevvvvvvvver for me lol. 10am SLT is 1pm for me. Guess I will be deep cleaning the house haha

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Zoya McDonnagh said:

While I am excited, I am debating staying up late tonight only because tomorrow morning is going to take foooorrrrrrevvvvvvvver for me lol. 10am SLT is 1pm for me. Guess I will be deep cleaning the house haha

I have a huge load of groceries being delivered in the morning so I will be busy putting up all my supplies. I did this on purpose to help pass the time. I might even bake a cake while I wait to celebrate... *goes to look for candles*

• Like 4

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1820 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.