Teasers or no teasers in SL 16 video

Kat Shadow

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1740 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Are we getting clues of what some new community venues may look like in (why show an elementary school & beach huts right after showing Belli houseboats) or are these just for the SL16, what think you?

Edited by Kitten Kaos
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Well, the schoolhouse and "mom-and-pop shops" are there between the traditional homes and houseboats, but I'm not so sure they are really teasers other than there may be "community centers" plopped onto the continent. Those strike me as just being in the retro-Americana theme.Though the large parking lot (a.k.a. "Car Park" for the right side of the Atlantic) was an odd shot. My vote (bet?) is that no real teasers in here regarding LL homes - other than there will be a display there.

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 2

Given the scenery around the school house, it could potentially be an addition to the Bellisseria area - one of those things that has been requested to give the area a more realistic feel.  The beach houses definitely look like something new that could be coming for the Linden Homes - and those also have been asked for by quite a few.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

beach houses

Houses or "changing rooms" (as in retro theme, the kind of thing they had back then, didn't they? I don't know, I'm not that old LOL but saw in old movies and things).

Edit - I looked again, you may be right! Though I never saw any such thing on Maui (where I grew up) LOL Im'a waitin' for th' Country-Western in th' Mount'ns.  :D

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Given the scenery around the school house, it could potentially be an addition to the Bellisseria area - one of those things that has been requested to give the area a more realistic feel.  The beach houses definitely look like something new that could be coming for the Linden Homes - and those also have been asked for by quite a few.

I am wondering if the 'school house' could be a mini 'orientation' station - both a gateway for new residents, and a place to show some of the new videos Linden Labs has been producing. 

Of course, if new users think that Second Life is all like Bellisseria, they will be in for a shock when they leave Paradise. (We need a large virtual exit gate with angels with flaming swords on both sides)...

• Haha 9

6 minutes ago, RuffertasAlt said:

I am wondering if the 'school house' could be a mini 'orientation' station - both a gateway for new residents, and a place to show some of the new videos Linden Labs has been producing. 

Of course, if new users think that Second Life is all like Bellisseria, they will be in for a shock when they leave Paradise. (We need a large virtual exit gate with angels with flaming swords on both sides)...

. . . or improvements in other places in Second Life.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Anyway it was announced that the "new themes" should be shown during the 16th Anniversary Celebrations wasn't it?

Big question is WHERE? Will there be an expo like it was for the Bellisseria homes and boats?

Unless there have been some changes the new area is next to the previous preview area in the South East Corner.   Right now that spot is showing empty for me (my map is always behind anyway) but next to the region with the houseboats.   The region was removed a couple of weeks back (I am guessing because folks were posting photos -- this, since there were several notices saying NOT to along with warnings).  So it may have changed since I saw it. I did get a shot of my favorite new release and will post it tomorrow when we can.   

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Leora Jacobus said:

Anyway it was announced that the "new themes" should be shown during the 16th Anniversary Celebrations wasn't it?

Big question is WHERE? Will there be an expo like it was for the Bellisseria homes and boats?

The big answer is "at https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SL16B Spellbound/128/128/0 " which for the moment has been taken offline moved south by some 3 regions, probably so as to avoid accidental pics and footage being taken of what is supposed to be a surprise.
But we have seen it on the map before it was taken offline so we know it will be there and at the time it looked like the "trailer park" which has been spotted before on SSP84 https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SSP84/128/128/0

Edited by Fritigern Gothly
(Found the missing region!)
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Kitten Kaos said:

beach huts right after showing Belli houseboats

I am quite confident that the beach huts are the groups of 3 buildings, located around the heart-shaped lake in the SL16B regions, look for example at https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SL16B Wonderous/128/128/0

The 1950's car park and garage can be found in https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SL16B Mesmerize/213/134 

The one thing I am least confident about is the school house, but I think it's just south of the 1950s garage and is located at https://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/SL16B Mesmerize/213/56 although it even seems to have a school bus parked in front of it.

We will find out tomorrow if I was right about ANY of this :D 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Blush Bravin said:

The real question is are you considering rerolling to get one of the new themed homes?

No. LOL.   Lani will try for a traditional. But I will say that I would let her take one of he new homes temporarily if that was what was available.  Can't say more until tomorrow at ten :D. 

And honestly I wouldn't reroll even if I LOOOOOVED the upcoming release. I am very happy where I am. There are some VERY nice plots (and landscaping) over at that new area though so hopefully that will be in the future.    "We" have a plan.    

• Like 3

It just hit me whilst watching the video...

Several people have asked for a shopping/commercial area on Bellisseria. 
Now, commerce is still not allowed in the Linden homes, but we can RP it, so behold: the new Bellisseria shopping district!!!!  (Pure Speculation ™©®)

image.thumb.png.59670455ec2d8cee9466d1fc732d5147.png

Edited by Fritigern Gothly
(Updated pic with a higher resolution one)
  • Like 8

A general note :D.

I think you guys may be overthinking a tad. Some new buildings ( ones you have seen and not seen) "could" be part of the Bellisseria continent in the future. They could also just be "school houses" and beach huts" made for the theme of the event. So many possibilities. After you get there, you still won't know --- unless of course they are adding informational signs today!   Some things in that video were of course CITIZEN builds and not MOLE builds.   

:SwingingFriends:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chronometria said:

The lab been super secret this year - the Newser Newspaper got some scoop pictures from the area and was asked by the lindens not to post them, a while back. The lab definitely wanting the suspense!

That has always been the rule and stated very clearly -- the no leaking pictures thing.  The exceptions have been for "official" videos (I made one a few years back). People just don't read, click through and ignore.  

• Like 1

Bloggers for this year are not allowed to post anything on blogs etc until the grand opening tomorrow from 10am SLT on Thursday 20th June. 

In previous years bloggers could post up sneak preview snapshots etc. It's a shame really. 

It seems the lab have posted a preview first look video of SL16B though today. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

I think you guys may be overthinking a tad. Some new buildings ( ones you have seen and not seen) "could" be part of the Bellisseria continent in the future. They could also just be "school houses" and beach huts" made for the theme of the event.

Ah, but I love the speculation, and we know that the Lindens and Moles like it too. Perhaps I am spot on about some things, and way off about others. I could be giving them a good chuckle or a major facepalm, who knows :D 
Let's have some fun today because tomorrow a lot of the speculation about the builds on the SL16B regions will end :D 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Daniel Voyager said:

Bloggers for this year are not allowed to post anything on blogs etc until the grand opening tomorrow from 10am SLT on Thursday 20th June. 

In previous years bloggers could post up sneak preview snapshots etc. It's a shame really. 

It seems the lab have posted a preview first look video of SL16B though today. 

I was "press" for many years at the birthday celebrations and we were always supposed to wait --- this for the official press folks on PRESS day who got tours and welcome bags and the like.  What other people did I know not. 

Participants were asked not to show "much".  I remember that clearly as I had to shoot around the build I was making then in order to  "show" and "not show" it in a "Who Am" I video meme video.   This was SL14B - the last wholly  community run event. 

image.thumb.png.c0cbde71a73941632086b276954fbcd6.png

Edited by Chic Aeon
adding screenshot
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

My vote (bet?) is that no real teasers in here regarding LL homes - other than there will be a display there.

I have watched the video at a quarter of the normal speed, and although unlikely, I think I may have caught a tiny glimpse of the new LL home theme.
As I said, it's unlikely. Highly unlikely even but on the off chance that I am correct, I will NOT post a screenshot, nor reveal where in the video I think I have seen it but you can go an see if you can find anything that seems like it could be the new theme. :D 

• Like 1

A couple days ago, I went to the first page of the SSP topic since I wasn't around on the forums in those days.

It was a great read... literally everybody was wrong about everything at one point or another, but they were having fun speculating and over-thinking, and under-thinking, and sideways-thinking, and diagonally-thinking.

It cracks me up now when I see someone dig in their heels about something they are absolutely, positively certain about because those same people were absolutely, positively certain about what SSP was, along with each and every little detail, and they were repeatedly wrong. No harm, no foul. It was a lot of fun to read since I'd never heard SSP, or Moles, or new homes, or anything until I got a boat on that first day and missed a great deal of what is now SL history.

My point, I suppose, is that people who think they know everything rarely know anything. 

• Like 9

I am majorly bummed that I can't work from home tomorrow.  If I could WFH, then I could sneak inworld for the SL16B opening to get a quick peek at things.  Instead, I'll have to make due with all the pictures people post until I get home from work.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1740 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.