The Non Linden Home Picture Thread - Mainland Only

Ingrid Ingersoll

On 11/12/2020 at 10:36 AM, Nando Yip said:

@Prokofy Neva

I'm a set designer and also produce events in RL, so in SL I spend almost all the time creating and recreating spaces, it's an exercise that helps a lot. I think if I had land and houses to rent like you have, it would be difficult or almost impossible to get out of the computer.

A Mainland rentals agent is never going to be quitting that day job, so I work at real jobs of course (Russian translation).

And well, I am given pause by the fact that a certain percentage of the tenants just ask to have everything removed and then put out...stuff from the old Linden library. I kid you not. Occasionally I will literally spend hours. And I marvel how quickly it has to be removed all or in part by the tenant. But then, since decorating is a lot of the fun of SL, I totally understand them. I just don't get why some are putting down prim monsters from 2007 when they could have mesh. A good percentage of them are very happy and admire my decor; some ask to remove some of it. That's why I don't get too cluttery, especially if I'm paying for the prims.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Nando Yip said:

@Prokofy Neva I also do not understand very well the preference of some people for furniture that are very old and heavy and wall walls, but in the SL for our well we still have some possible freedoms to exercise. In Bellisseria I have seen some of these that is hard to believe that someone really enjoys these objects.

Well, I love SL antiques and collect them and even really wild fugly things. When I started my B&Bs, I put out a really heavy ornate table by Jauani Wu (some readers will remember him) that is 84 prims. And then a vase of flowers by Caliandras Pendragon that is 68 prims. And I realized this was going nowhere fast, I hadn't even gotten to breakfast, although I did burn some 30 more putting out Jim Lumiere's Coronet Coffee Set, and early item that delivered a cup. None of these people are in SL anymore such as to be able to come and put their things on "convex". They aren't on mod, so they can't be defatted, something I will do. So, it's on to mesh for the rest although I did make a room devoted to Desmond Shang's furniture, a part of his secret past he rarely mentions.

Look at the feet on Jauani's table! And Jim's tea set! Kazimir Severinovich would be proud!
Then look at Lunardia's Damaged Red Table. By sheer coincidence, I happened to run into the creator, Umbardi Lunardia, on his very last day in SL. He was leaving for some reason. And he just handed me some of his fabulous builds and furniture. Then take a look at Baron Grayson's RELIC - "Velvet Sonata", Sofa and those big old wooden pose balls of yore. I could mod them -- he has it on mod unlike Lunardia -- but I think they are part of its charm.

And yes, that is Rusalka's Sazerac which I am in love with lately and luc's asparagus. Yes, asparagus that delivers. Must have.

Snapshot_291.jpg

Snapshot_292.jpg

Snapshot_293.jpg

Snapshot_296.jpg

Snapshot_295.jpg

Edited by Prokofy Neva
  • Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

I purchased a parcel in Horizons some time ago. In that time I've had several builds, but this latest one is by far my favorite. I decided to create a home that was all about the landscaping. To that end I found a really cute but extremely tiny house then surrounded it with beautiful trees and flora.

front_001.png.9c920715e5d5315d9f49f761bcc88daa.png

deck_001.png.5cb4479bf92d658e1f400f6a1ea74d53.png

One nice aspect of using such a tiny house meant I could cram it full of little details.

inside_001.png.22fcf06033bdfcb52d33effc78c13c59.png

sitting_001.png.5e54b245e8e22537caa2d7acda4e9260.png

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

VAROINS is having 50% sale!

varoins.jpg.a31b2277ab47570e02b6be48c96c739a.jpg

Whoever love Urban/Sci Fi Sky boxes, you don't wanna miss it, I highly recommend that you don't judge it by the pictures; but to TP to the demos.

There are more to see than what is showing in the pictures, the textures and the details are amazing!
A list of what I got from there, I simply couldn't resist:

Snapshot_8518.jpg.4494096d45747f72f7eed570312266fa.jpg

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/HYPED/135/34/2004

Edited by SarahThe Wanderer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

17 hours ago, SarahThe Wanderer said:

VAROINS is having 50% sale!

varoins.jpg.a31b2277ab47570e02b6be48c96c739a.jpg

Whoever love Urban/Sci Fi Sky boxes, you don't wanna miss it, I highly recommend that you don't judge it by the pictures; but to TP to the demos.

There are more to see than what is showing in the pictures, the textures and the details are amazing!
A list of what I got from there, I simply couldn't resist:

Snapshot_8518.jpg.4494096d45747f72f7eed570312266fa.jpg

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/HYPED/135/34/2004

Where did you find the Tropical Bliss set? I found only skyboxes, and I bought the pool house too.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Where did you find the Tropical Bliss set? I found only skyboxes, and I bought the pool house too.

TP to this demo and you'll find it in the corner:

Snapshot_8526.thumb.png.eb9156fdd70593521918a9699f02062b.png

I went to to Trompe Loeil to get the gift card and buy the house I wanted with it, I bought the house and the add-on then I noticed I didn't use the gift card! 😩

Edited by SarahThe Wanderer
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, SarahThe Wanderer said:

I went to to Trompe Loeil to get the gift card and buy the house I wanted with it, I bought the house and the add-on then I noticed I didn't use the gift card! 😩

I never used a gift card... I suppose you rightclick or something? I am sure I am going to screw up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I never used a gift card... I suppose you rightclick or something? I am sure I am going to screw up.

No it's very easy, just wear the gift card and you will see the gift card HUD in the corner, go the house you wanna buy and click the vendor, no right click is needed, wait for the house picture to appear in the HUD and under it you will see BUY NOW click it, and your done.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, SarahThe Wanderer said:

If I had 10L for every time I've done the same thing I wouldn't need another gift card ever! lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/31/2020 at 6:52 PM, Yuumo Ichibara said:

Just moved in! Still squealing like a little girl OMG ♥️

Snow_001.thumb.jpg.bf8c2efe6d8d0eea87c091e8736f0f57.jpgSnow_002.thumb.jpg.b0f0a37294a4fdf9e2c359d4c68dd123.jpgSnow_003.thumb.jpg.17cd34f6127214d0fa5297f34dd66d79.jpgSnow_004.thumb.jpg.2a98a2fdf6289d2bf5dfa398078bdf59.jpg

Releasing Winter Home No. 5 on the Snow Globe, 1 week 3 days 9 hours remaining as I post this. I will not be renewing after that so watch out for it! You now have 100 prims to decorate it with but I never got around to doing that as it was only for my alt and I will be spending less and less time in-world over the next few days:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Renaissance/211/178/24

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/3/2020 at 8:17 AM, Yuumo Ichibara said:

Releasing Winter Home No. 5 on the Snow Globe, 1 week 3 days 9 hours remaining as I post this. I will not be renewing after that so watch out for it! You now have 100 prims to decorate it with but I never got around to doing that as it was only for my alt and I will be spending less and less time in-world over the next few days:

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Renaissance/211/178/24

I have heard that the houses and skyboxes are claimed of the region owner if they are not decorated. So it can happen before. I am not totally sure since I left the group, but maybe @Chic Aeoncan confirm it, if I remember correct. If you want to keep it the one week, three days left, place a Christmas tree or a sofa in it at least.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

I have heard that the houses and skyboxes are claimed of the region owner if they are not decorated. So it can happen before. I am not totally sure since I left the group, but maybe @Chic Aeoncan confirm it, if I remember correct. If you want to keep it the one week, three days left, place a Christmas tree or a sofa in it at least.

May did state that a couple of weeks ago. I am guessing that is still in effect.  This may have been in group chat.   

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Torry Turner said:

My home on the protected Alpine Byway on the Sansara continent. I love this area of the mainland. The Verbier Rez Zone is right in front of my drive way. 

CouchCoffee_210.png

CouchCoffee_211.png

CouchCoffee_212.png

CouchCoffee_213.png

I love the details, especially how the terrace around the jacuzzi is half covered in snow. Is it a Trompe Loeil house?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Eu escolhi o vermelho. Este é principalmente um gacha de FD & Commoner e um restaurante de Bazar. Jogar para obter a mesa rara e 4 cadeiras estava simplesmente fora de questão, então Bazar.

Jantar de Natal no Second Life

very beautiful, I liked the wooden furniture!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1