The Non Linden Home Picture Thread - Mainland Only

Ingrid Ingersoll

3 minutes ago, Nando Yip said:

I wonder why anyone would pay prices like that.  I've never had a hard time buying land directly from LL and paying only the cost price.

Now I wonder if people with bad vision have been getting ripped off???  😉

• Haha 3

57 minutes ago, Nando Yip said:

I wonder why anyone would pay prices like that.  I've never had a hard time buying land directly from LL and paying only the cost price.

It was a 20k m2 parcel, as I recall, so that's still relatively low at L$ 3 / m2.  But still, those one ore two Lindybucks per pixel-land differences over Abandoned Land do add up quickly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I don't. If I see a flagrant violation, I help the locals out by adding my AR to theirs.

I didn't realize that helps.  Someone somewhere said LL only needs one AR to act on stuff.  I think it was in one of the Belli threads.  Anyhow, I did think about it, but figured if LL isn't listening to neighbors' AR's, why would mine matter?  I guess it depends on the offense.  Now, if it were a roadside political ad about a certain orange dude being president, well then hell yeah AR time out the wazoo.

What?  You haven't heard Orange Julius is gonna be crowned king on April 1st?

ed110720e0341f4f94f96bcc69f28d64.jpg

• Haha 1

I needed to sell a parcel on one region so that I could increase my acreage in another region, and I wondered how to stage it. Who (besides me) would want to live on the side of a rock?

My first thought was that perhaps a witch who needed to jumpstart her broom would appreciate the steep drop outside the front door, but then looking through my inventory I found quite a bit of dragon-themed stuff, so I thought maybe I could dress it up to appeal to a dragon rider?

ambatwehr4.jpg.544761c60e869f4b65a213907cd45752.jpg

The lovely, messy, Mainland

.ambatweyr1.jpg.2dd101cb7b1d35d41bfca990175e32d0.jpg

The windsock is a high-prim artifact from Cape Ekim.

ambatweyr2.jpg.f54b4a333419453266d14c3ce616e97a.jpg

I still love the view!

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, Rufferta said:

I needed to sell a parcel on one region so that I could increase my acreage in another region, and I wondered how to stage it. Who (besides me) would want to live on the side of a rock?

My first thought was that perhaps a witch who needed to jumpstart her broom would appreciate the steep drop outside the front door, but then looking through my inventory I found quite a bit of dragon-themed stuff, so I thought maybe I could dress it up to appeal to a dragon rider?

I still love the view!

That's a cool location! I love the weird spots on Mainland best, even if they are challenging to plant a house on. lol

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Rufferta said:

I still love the view!

There are probably many birds 🦅 who have been drooling over such a perfect home also!  😋 

• Like 5

Since Ingrid has been stalking neighbours in Iris and posting photographic evidence of her crimes, I thought I would post a picture of my favourite house in the sim. I often wander by and look at it. I have no hope of reaching this level of creativity. And no, don't just tell me to put out lots of cats and flamingos. This takes a lot more flair than that.

Snapshot_354.jpg

• Like 8

4 hours ago, Rufferta said:

Me! That is my ideal parcel. I was looking for more mainland the other day and would have jumped on something like that. I ended up with flat green roadside. That house you put there is awesome.

• Like 2

On 3/18/2021 at 2:15 AM, Rufferta said:

I still love the view!

Trompe Loeil has a house that would be perfect. I have a flat water parcel and I don't think the house fits there - fits in size but not in theme.

Trompe-Loeil---Valdis-Cliffside-Ranch-pr

It would be so easy to nudge the cliff into the default mountain.... Sigh. I want more land now, for just this house.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Marianne Little said:

Trompe Loeil has a house that would be perfect. I have a flat water parcel and I don't think the house fits there - fits in size but not in theme.

Trompe-Loeil---Valdis-Cliffside-Ranch-pr

It would be so easy to nudge the cliff into the default mountain.... Sigh. I want more land now, for just this house.

I bought a mountain side parcel recently, and the seller had that house there. It looked great! I had *just* missed the Collabor88 round where I could have bought it for cheap. 😭

• Sad 2

5 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I bought a mountain side parcel recently, and the seller had that house there. It looked great! I had *just* missed the Collabor88 round where I could have bought it for cheap. 😭

I tend to make sure I go there once a month just to check the house releases, as I've had the same feeling after missing one I would have snapped up. Everyone loves a bargain :) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sister Nova said:

I tend to make sure I go there once a month just to check the house releases, as I've had the same feeling after missing one I would have snapped up. Everyone loves a bargain :) 

I always go, but when I went last month and saw that house, I was like "why in the world would I need a cliff house"? So of course a few weeks later, I need a cliff house. 😂

• Haha 6

So I had 1024 tier left and grabbed some cheap cliff land on the railroad and put that house everyone is talking about on it. I had to reduce the size a little for it to fit. So far undecorated except for my swan floatie, which I put on all my parcels, whether it works or not, I will make it fit!

Snapshot_359.jpg

• Like 14