TMP Legacy mesh body

Windywinters

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 788 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 minute ago, CaraTriple said:

I decided to buy the body. I am loving it so far, even though there are a few hiccups. I have not been able to get the shoe deformer to work properly so that is a wash. Also, does anyone else notice she seems to have a bit of hammertoe/bunions, lol. I was pleasantly surprised to find I had a lot more clothes in my closet that are made for TMP Legacy than I thought. Some just say Legacy so I was confused, thinking they meant the SL bodies. I also found a couple of my fav designers have recently been making clothes for TMP Legacy. 

The body is amazing, really it is. One of the best things is that you can get physics for the butt. I am still experimenting with different shapes and skins but overall, I am glad I bit the bullet and bought it. I feel like at this point anyway, I look unique. I did wince at paying 5000L for a body but, I have several heads at that price so not really much of a difference. My avatar is my hobby since I don't do much else in SL.  

Congrats on getting the Legacy! No, I didn't wince, either in the end - I still feel it's money well spent ♥

The feet deformer works great but sometimes you need to increase or decrease the foot size in the legs tab of edit appearance so they fit snug as a bug in a rug :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, AnyaJurelle said:

Congrats on getting the Legacy! No, I didn't wince, either in the end - I still feel it's money well spent ♥

The feet deformer works great but sometimes you need to increase or decrease the foot size in the legs tab of edit appearance so they fit snug as a bug in a rug :)

Thank you for the tip on the deformer, I tried that it works perfectly!

• Like 1

On 10/10/2019 at 9:44 AM, CaraTriple said:

I decided to buy the body. I am loving it so far, even though there are a few hiccups. I have not been able to get the shoe deformer to work properly so that is a wash. Also, does anyone else notice she seems to have a bit of hammertoe/bunions, lol. I was pleasantly surprised to find I had a lot more clothes in my closet that are made for TMP Legacy than I thought. Some just say Legacy so I was confused, thinking they meant the SL bodies. I also found a couple of my fav designers have recently been making clothes for TMP Legacy. 

The body is amazing, really it is. One of the best things is that you can get physics for the butt. I am still experimenting with different shapes and skins but overall, I am glad I bit the bullet and bought it. I feel like at this point anyway, I look unique. I did wince at paying 5000L for a body but, I have several heads at that price so not really much of a difference. My avatar is my hobby since I don't do much else in SL.  

I bought it too even after saying I wouldn't.   I run around in barefeet most of the time so I am happy that I can now change the size of my feet.  Is the body 100% prefect?  Nope, but the pros of it far outweigh the cons for me.

Even the two skin makers I get my skins from have made appliers for this body.  Like you I have several heads I have spent the same amount on, so I figured why not.

I understand this body is not for everyone, but I certainly love it and I have no regrets buying it.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, karynmaria said:

I bought it too even after saying I wouldn't.   I run around in barefeet most of the time so I am happy that I can now change the size of my feet.  Is the body 100% prefect?  Nope, but the pros of it far outweigh the cons for me.

Even the two skin makers I get my skins from have made appliers for this body.  Like you I have several heads I have spent the same amount on, so I figured why not.

I understand this body is not for everyone, but I certainly love it and I have no regrets buying it.  

Same here. It was trying the demo that told me I was in trouble haha. Exquisitely made.

Only 'flaw' I've discovered was yesterday; when I put the body on, my camera angle becomes messed up - to the point where FS's Camera Controls don't work at all.

Wasted several hours on wikis trying to figure out what happened and was about to give up when I had to change back into Maitreya - BAM! - the angle was back to normal again.

No idea what that's all about but beginning to accept that if shiny new techie things are going to go wonky, it'll be with me. Every. Single. Time.

23 minutes ago, AnyaJurelle said:

Same here. It was trying the demo that told me I was in trouble haha. Exquisitely made.

Only 'flaw' I've discovered was yesterday; when I put the body on, my camera angle becomes messed up - to the point where FS's Camera Controls don't work at all.

Wasted several hours on wikis trying to figure out what happened and was about to give up when I had to change back into Maitreya - BAM! - the angle was back to normal again.

No idea what that's all about but beginning to accept that if shiny new techie things are going to go wonky, it'll be with me. Every. Single. Time.

When the strange stuff happens, it is usually time to relog. I am pretty sure it isn't the body that causes the problem. It may correlate but it is unlikely the cause.

As they move SL into the cloud I expect some new and odd things to happen. So, experiment with restarts and different viewers. If you can repeat the problem in multiple places/regions on multiple viewers (one has to be the Linden made SL Viewer) write it up in a JIRA Bug Report.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AnyaJurelle said:

Make sure you have the updated version.  You can go to the store and get a redelivery if I remember it was a bug and they did fix it.  

15 minutes ago, karynmaria said:

Make sure you have the updated version.  You can go to the store and get a redelivery if I remember it was a bug and they did fix it.  

ooh Thank you for that - I think I only bought it a week or two ago so not sure if there's been an update since then, but can't hurt to get a redelivery anyway!

@karynmaria Hmm...so stood there, waiting for their re-delivery page to load.

Gave up at one point and tp'd back home. After I did, the Edit 1.1 HUD dropped in, which isn't what I was wanting. I don't need a second HUD, just the body.

Back at their store a second time (groan) and that re-delivery page simply will not load; it just hangs. Had to give up and leave - just don't have time to be messed around.

Would be nice if they at least set up an auto-delivery for updates rather than expecting customers to wade through that most unattractive, blindingly white clinical atmosphere on the off chance that there might have been an update (there's no group for Legacy that I could find, so how the heck do customers know if there's been an update?), only to be greeted with their eternally hanging re-delivery page for their wasted time.

Le grrrrrrr.

EDIT: I take that back - found the legacy group - it's just called Legacy Lovers in case any one else has struggled to find it.

Edited by AnyaJurelle

20 minutes ago, AnyaJurelle said:

Gave up at one point and tp'd back home. After I did, the Edit 1.1 HUD dropped in, which isn't what I was wanting. I don't need a second HUD, just the body.

Back at their store a second time (groan) and that re-delivery page simply will not load; it just hangs. Had to give up and leave - just don't have time to be messed around.

Would be nice if they at least set up an auto-delivery for updates rather than expecting customers to wade through that most unattractive, blindingly white clinical atmosphere on the off chance that there might have been an update (there's no group for Legacy that I could find, so how the heck do customers know if there's been an update?), only to be greeted with their eternally hanging re-delivery page for their wasted time.

Le grrrrrrr.

EDIT: I take that back - found the legacy group - it's just called Legacy Lovers in case any one else has struggled to find it.

I just like the fact that I can get it from MP including the redelivery. So that is a bonus, no having to walk through a sim that is a total attack on the eyes.

23 hours ago, AnyaJurelle said:

Le grrrrrrr.

https://www.meshbody.com/updates/ also join LiveHelp, Whats New Legacy and The Shops! Cafe inworld.

Edited by Varistentia Varriale
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, AnyaJurelle said:

The wonky camera angle is caused by a button on the Legacy 'Edit' HUD. I had the same issue, with my camera drifting to the left every time I tried to reset my view, only for me nothing - not even changing to another body - fixed it. I spent ages messing around in debug settings until I remembered I'd been clicking around on the Legacy HUD. I put it back on, found the small camera button arrowed below and clicked it, and my camera was back to normal again.

legacy_camera_button.png.49a2b233f1e812c562bcde61beb7cbc1.png

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

I just like the fact that I can get it from MP including the redelivery. So that is a bonus, no having to walk through a sim that is a total attack on the eyes.

oh my freaking.........the MP again....you really like taunting me, don't you?  hahaha 

1 minute ago, Skell Dagger said:

The wonky camera angle is caused by a button on the Legacy 'Edit' HUD. I had the same issue, with my camera drifting to the left every time I tried to reset my view, only for me nothing - not even changing to another body - fixed it. I spent ages messing around in debug settings until I remembered I'd been clicking around on the Legacy HUD. I put it back on, found the small camera button arrowed below and clicked it, and my camera was back to normal again.

legacy_camera_button.png.49a2b233f1e812c562bcde61beb7cbc1.png

See? Knew there was a reason we all love ya, Skell. There's pretty much nothing you don't know and now I can dive back into my Legacy body and sproing about the place like a kitten chasing butterflies :D

2 hours ago, AnyaJurelle said:

See? Knew there was a reason we all love ya, Skell. There's pretty much nothing you don't know and now I can dive back into my Legacy body and sproing about the place like a kitten chasing butterflies :D

gosh I am so sorry.  I have had this body for awhile and I know at one time we had to get some update.  thank god for @Skell Dagger !

• Like 1

Now that the demo is available on Market Place, I decided to give it another go because when I was forced into their horrific shopping experience, it was EPICFAIL all the way around. Also, the new MP demo now includes the deformers and so on. This and also that I could do it at my own place (which has zero lag,) allowed me to do a "proper" demo of the thing.

And I did. Now that I was able to evaluate the body on its own merits (and not be distracted by the lag and deplorable "Mesh Shop" environment, I must say I am considerably more impressed than I was the first go round. (It's amazing what waiting a few months can do). The only thing I don;t like about it is the way the arms attach to the torso, it's not completely bad (nowhere near as bad as the Maitreya, for example) - though Belleza still does it better. But it's entirely acceptable. I'm referring to the Teres Major and Teres Minor muscles on the back-to-shoulder effects and the Pectoralis Major. (I'll plop an image below for kicks fo anyone curious what I'm talking about). Yeah, I'm a stalwart for attention to detail. So plonk me. LOL

I played with my shape and I was able to achieve the shape I am going for (it's about the legs - thigh-to-calves are important to me.) This, along with the Fit Deformers allowing me to continue wearing 99% of my outfits is a major thing. The shape sliders are very flexible and sensitive. Every 5 points shows a discernible difference (this is a good thing). 

Based on a thorough playing with it, in my mind it does earn its price tag, complexity score notwithstanding. I am heavily leaning toward purchasing, though my main objection is in finding a good skin to matching the body and head (Catwa or any other) - not concerned with BoM at this time (I'll wait six to twelve months before I look into that aspect seriously.)

So as I contemplate purchasing this thing, I'm budgeting 15k L$ with the intent to buy a new head along with it (I'm leaning toward Genus as this is for my alt, which doesn't have that head) - and skin as well.

So, any feedback on skins to go with both body and head (and which brand of head?) - Or should I go ahead and consider doing the BoM thing, even if only for the skin right now ?

Teres Muscle in the back of the Shoulder and Pectoralis Major in the front (for anyone curious, I do graphic design so I had to study these things LOL):

1f07b750a93b80f86fd640d9709191b7.jpg&f=1

And what I'm referring to regarding Maitreya (notice the backside of the armpit):

Shoulders B

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Now that the demo is available on Market Place, I decided to give it another go because when I was forced into their horrific shopping experience, it was EPICFAIL all the way around. Also, the new MP demo now includes the deformers and so on. This and also that I could do it at my own place (which has zero lag,) allowed me to do a "proper" demo of the thing.

And I did. Now that I was able to evaluate the body on its own merits (and not be distracted by the lag and deplorable "Mesh Shop" environment, I must say I am considerably more impressed than I was the first go round. (It's amazing what waiting a few months can do). The only thing I don;t like about it is the way the arms attach to the torso, it's not completely bad (nowhere near as bad as the Maitreya, for example) - though Belleza still does it better. But it's entirely acceptable. I'm referring to the Teres Major and Teres Minor muscles on the back-to-shoulder effects and the Pectoralis Major. (I'll plop an image below for kicks fo anyone curious what I'm talking about). Yeah, I'm a stalwart for attention to detail. So plonk me. LOL

So I played with my shape and I was able to achieve the shape I am going for. This, along with the Fit Deformers allowing me to continue wearing 99% of my outfits is a major thing. The shape sliders are very flexible and sensitive. Every 5 points shows a discernible difference (this is a good thing). 

Based on a thorough playing with it, in my mind it does earn its price tag, complicity score notwithstanding. I am heavily leaning toward purchasing, though my main objection is in finding a good skin to matching the body and head (Catwa or any other) - not concerned with BoM at this time (I'll wait six to twelve months before I look into that aspect seriously.)

So as I contemplate purchasing this thing, I', budgeting 15k L$ with the intent to buy a new head along with it (I'm leaning toward Genus as this is for my alt, which doesn't;t have that head).

So, any feedback on skins to go with both body and head (and which brand of head?) - Or should I go ahead and consider doing the BoM thing, even if only for the skin right now ?

Teres Muscle in the back of the Shoulder (for anyone curious):

1f07b750a93b80f86fd640d9709191b7.jpg&f=1

And what I'm referring to regarding Maitreya (notice the backside of the armpit):

Shoulders B

I would definitely go with Genus, and Deetalez does a really nice skin for both Legacy and Genus. I hope that helps xD

12 minutes ago, halebore Aeon said:

I would definitely go with Genus, and Deetalez does a really nice skin for both Legacy and Genus. I hope that helps xD

Oh definitely a big help, thank you! I may be weird that I shop for the complete "kit" in demos before I plunk-down any cash, wear the complete demo ensemble first LOL. Thank you very much, I'll add them to my sim-hopping list. As for the Genus (which I have on this A. Su account) - I *love it* and it's amazingly variable in shape-setting.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 788 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.