And it begins.

Sarahbuxso

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1835 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I downgraded my Mainland holdings, but did keep some of it.  I then had one alt get a houseboat - took 4 tries, but I ended up with one that backs to open water and isn't too far from the opening out to it.  I had another alt get a house -- that one took a total of 3 alts and 13 tries before I got a plot that I really like.  Just trees and rocky foothills behind me.

The current Linden Homes regions are busier than I've seen any Linden Home area since the launch of the original ones - and maybe even busier than that.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4

Now I am meandering back through all of these threads, peeking at the various ideas, to decide what I want to actually do.  Of course I won't actually get to do much over the next week and a half because my evenings this week are super busy and I'm traveling on vacation all next week (and the laptop definitely is not capable of much SL time).

Well you still need mainland for commercial purposes OR if you want or need more room than a 1024.  So while the new homes are very nice they aren't for everyone.  Just like when the 1024s came into being and a lot of 612 lots disappeared (abandoned or merged with another 512) it seems likely that some of the 1024s will get joined to make larger parcels.  AND, not everyone wants a "traditioinal home" or houseboat. So I doubt mainland will be impacted all that much. 

From all the dots it looks like the available areas may be almost half gone already and it hasn't even been half a day.  So only so many folks CAN move. 

It does look pretty, but disappointed by the lack of rezz zones along the waterways and roads. With sim crossings as they are it wasn't long before my exploration was cut short and I was logging in back home. Anywhere else and I would be able to continue my explorations close by. I hope they add some or alot of peoples introduction to sailing and exploring will be one full of frustration.

• Like 6

I started an inworld group for Bellisseria folks. Bellesseria Citizens is the name. I saw several groups already going for Bellisseria Firemen, Police, ect but none for just regular people. So I made one. Maybe we can use it to plan pool parties at the community pool, beach fun, ect. Also, Lindens, if you are reading this, we need some open rez areas for folks who are visiting to rez cars, airplanes, ect. 

• Like 9

Just now, Ziggy Starsmith said:

I Love this idea.

27 minutes ago, Gingir Ghoststar said:

I started an inworld group for Bellisseria folks. Bellesseria Citizens is the name. I saw several groups already going for Bellisseria Firemen, Police, ect but none for just regular people. So I made one. Maybe we can use it to plan pool parties at the community pool, beach fun, ect. Also, Lindens, if you are reading this, we need some open rez areas for folks who are visiting to rez cars, airplanes, ect. 

1 hour ago, Ziggy Starsmith said:

Private sims can be for bigger and different needs. 

There is a big jump between 1024 and a full sim, quite obviously. I for one, whilst I really like what they are doing with the new homes, have no plans whatsoever to abandon my current Mainland, nor stop using Mainland ... I love to build and create new and different homes .. and the sheer scale and variety of the Mainland means I am always finding something new. If this world was just about having(living) in preset homes .. having the world defined for me .. then I highly doubt I would have stayed so long.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sarahbuxso said:

The Linden homes are really beautiful, makes me wonder what will happen to all that mainland.

Not much.  The sky is not, in fact, falling.  The original Linden Homes were going to be the doom of mainland too. Actually, isn't it the case that pretty much everything LL does is going to be doom?  lol  It's all still here.

I have a bit over 10k sq meters on mainland, it's not going anywhere. Especially since I blew through my 5 attempts in about 30 minutes and now I have to wait 24 hours to try again - of course by then it will be even slimmer pickings, so the odds of getting anything halfway decent shrink by the hour.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marianne Little said:

It is so many banlines, I am happy I can turn them off.

I never really used mine, but I was mugged yesterday!  😣

A couple of strangers came into my house, one wearing a burglars outfit, complete with a bag.  They asked me to turn on the scripts to my furniture, and wouldn't leave for several minutes, it was kind of weird, yet funny at the same time.   I just screamed "EEEEEK!" and jumped out of my window 😂  They wouldn't leave or say anything outside of asking to turn on the scripts for them,  so I wasn't really sure of their intention, so I just teleported out and came back five minutes later.  I later noticed them hopping from house to house in my area, I think people were kicking them out.. I hate to do that to people, so I just put up my ban lines as a temporary measure to avoid any griefing.   I welcome RP, but if I don't know the people, it is a bit weird.

Edited by WillowTenage
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Wandering Soulstar said:

There is a big jump between 1024 and a full sim, quite obviously. I for one, whilst I really like what they are doing with the new homes, have no plans whatsoever to abandon my current Mainland, nor stop using Mainland ... I love to build and create new and different homes .. and the sheer scale and variety of the Mainland means I am always finding something new. If this world was just about having(living) in preset homes .. having the world defined for me .. then I highly doubt I would have stayed so long.

Exactly.

And - on mainland you can have 1024 + 10% group bonus, means 1126 sq metres.

Or for main avatar + alt, both on Prem you can have 2*1024+10% sq metres.

Merged together as one land - not doable with LL homes -  it gives much bigger freedom to build nice home with garden, princess tower in the small forest or to live in park with blooming meadow with gazebo in the middle. Or ....maybe forest cabin or .... whatever you want whenever you want.

One doesn't need to pay entire homested for that.

So I believe the choice "mainland or LL home" is matter of personal need and taste, people sometimes keep forgetting we aren't all same and wanting / enjoying same things. There is space for both.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Ziggy Starsmith said:

Private sims can be for bigger and different needs.

I'll never live on a private region, for a variety of reasons, but primarily because I don't want to be paying my rent/tier to another person rather than LL.  

I highly doubt LL would ever get rid of the old mainland anyway.  One of their biggest reasons for creating Linden Homes was to get more people into a home quicker so that some of them would get the "land bug" and go buy mainland plots that not only result in LL getting the Premium fee, but possibly tier fees from the person also.

• Lindens
3 hours ago, WillowTenage said:

I never really used mine, but I was mugged yesterday!  😣

A couple of strangers came into my house, one wearing a burglars outfit, complete with a bag.  They asked me to turn on the scripts to my furniture, and wouldn't leave for several minutes, it was kind of weird, yet funny at the same time.   I just screamed "EEEEEK!" and jumped out of my window 😂  They wouldn't leave or say anything outside of asking to turn on the scripts for them,  so I wasn't really sure of their intention, so I just teleported out and came back five minutes later.  I later noticed them hopping from house to house in my area, I think people were kicking them out.. I hate to do that to people, so I just put up my ban lines as a temporary measure to avoid any griefing.   I welcome RP, but if I don't know the people, it is a bit weird.

Hi WillowTenage,

Yikes!  Marauders in the new Linden Homes??  If they were breaking any Community Standards or Terms of Service rules, please make sure to file an in world abuse report on them so our fine Governance agents can check them out (you know, canvass the area, question the neighbors, maybe make some Linden Homes Most Wanted posters to spread around).

Another way to keep specific strangers out of your home would be to add them to your parcel ban list.  To do so, Go to World > About Land.  Click on the Access tab then click Add under always Banned.  Add their avatar name, and you home will be your refuge once again.

If you have any further difficulty with your new Linden Home, please contact support and the fine folks in Live Chat would be more than happy to assist.

Enjoy your new home!!!

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Keira Linden said:

Hi WillowTenage,

Yikes!  Marauders in the new Linden Homes??  If they were breaking any Community Standards or Terms of Service rules, please make sure to file an in world abuse report on them so our fine Governance agents can check them out (you know, canvass the area, question the neighbors, maybe make some Linden Homes Most Wanted posters to spread around).

Another way to keep specific strangers out of your home would be to add them to your parcel ban list.  To do so, Go to World > About Land.  Click on the Access tab then click Add under always Banned.  Add their avatar name, and you home will be your refuge once again.

If you have any further difficulty with your new Linden Home, please contact support and the fine folks in Live Chat would be more than happy to assist.

Enjoy your new home!!!

Thanks :) They were not so bad, I never asked them to leave because I hate confrontation and never knew what their intention was, so they didn't do anything against the rules.  I think they were just a couple of goofs, looking for some fun. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WillowTenage said:

Thanks :) They were not so bad, I never asked them to leave because I hate confrontation and never knew what their intention was, so they didn't do anything against the rules.  I think they were just a couple of goofs, looking for some fun. 

I think they probably had some silly toy, like a gun with the bang flag. They can't literally steal from you. They can't take your lindens unless you give an object permission. The most they can do is maybe spam your land but if you are using the autoreturn timer, you could set it to 1 minute so even then it wouldn't be a big deal. Then you just add them to your lands ban list. No confrontation. Just doing what needs to be done.  

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1835 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.