April Theme: Arch-Villains & Superheroes

Orwar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1833 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

April's Photo Theme:

Banner.thumb.png.bbdc021f64ddd8a5f5f55f97fcaebcce.png

Feel free to post your themed picture(s) in this thread!

Important: If you want to apply your picture to the magazine - please write it out in your post. If you write nothing, the picture will not be included. That means that you're also very welcome to post your picture here, even if you don't want it in the virtual magazine! Also, if you can be bothered to; please edit the picture to a 3:4 format if it's in any other format, otherwise I may end up having to crop it or add more black background myself. 768 x 1024 is the suggested size - but if you've got it in a higher resolution, feel free to embed it!

... For now I won't post mine, as I've yet to make it. Coming soon!

• Like 2

Ok after messing about for ages I've settled on a picture for the magazine...…………….. 

Not sure about the 768x1024 Orwar! I did my best...……. :)

Hopefully  @Orwar these are closer to what you need!!!!! 

SL16.png

SL16a.png

SL20.png

Edited by BelindaN
New images!!!!
  • Like 14

30 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

Ok after messing about for ages I've settled on a picture for the magazine...…………….. 

Not sure about the 768x1024 Orwar! I did my best...……. :)

Hm, when I downloaded it, I got it in 317 x 505 - not sure if the forum compressed it. Do you have it on Flickr?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Hm, when I downloaded it, I got it in 317 x 505 - not sure if the forum compressed it. Do you have it on Flickr?

No but it's heavily cropped as I only have a small black background...…….

Do I need a retake?

If so where do I find a big black background?

Edited by BelindaN

7 minutes ago, BelindaN said:

No but it's heavily cropped as I only have a small black background...…….

Do I need a retake?

If so where do I find a big black background?

Ah! Well, the best way to get a black background is to make one. Give me a nudge in-world (currently on Neph) if you need any assistance with that! 😃

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Ah! Well, the best way to get a black background is to make one. Give me a nudge in-world (currently on Neph) if you need any assistance with that! 😃

OK, had to leave but may be in touch tomorrow...……...

• Like 2

Just now, Clover Jinx said:

This has 4 backgrounds to choose from; black, white, grey and green.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/StrawberrySinghcom-Simple-Photo-Studio/5745423

Mine has as many colours as you can perceive (well, as many as you can pick from a colour picker), is also free, and doesn't require being dug up from one's inventory. Nods sagely.

• Like 3

This is my Power Girl, for the magazine. 

Off the record; I didn't use a backdrop. I used the "Night" WL setting in Black Dragon Viewer, and a soft box--just tweaked the exposure in post. For anyone interested, I'm using flight poses from Poseidon--they have lots of other poses that people may find useful for this theme. For those who may want to get involved, but are unsure as to where to get a costume--mine is from "XO - Xtra Ordinary". No affiliation with either...just wanting to help. 

PowerGirl.jpg

Edited by Nastasha Szaberwick
Fixed typos...I blame my headache.
  • Like 19

Catwoman.

There's my cat on my right shoulder but he's kinda hard to see. His eyes match mine although i couldn't get him to look at the cam!

Apply to magazine.

Snapshot_1967.png

Edited by Zennessa
Forgot "apply to magazine"
  • Like 19

14 minutes ago, anniepany said:

Submitted for the magazine: The Scarlet Avenger

I hope it's the right size, I'm terrible at that

hangin'_011.jpg

14 minutes ago, anniepany said:

Submitted for the magazine: The Scarlet Avenger

I hope it's the right size, I'm terrible at that

hangin'_011.jpg

So, should I redo this on a white background? Or leave it as is?

Edited by anniepany
double post

7 minutes ago, anniepany said:

So, should I redo this on a white background? Or leave it as is?

Leave it as is. We'll go with black this month, and depending on the theme next month we'll see what we'll go with then!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Orwar said:

We'll go with black this month

NOW you tell me, when I'm finished! I just went with the aesthetic of much of the studio shoots for this character, and those were white and brightly-lit with washed-out colours. If you're happy with a white backgrounded shot for this issue of the magazine, then this is my submission for it ;)

I'm not gonna kill ya. I'm just gonna hurt ya... really, really bad.

hurtyoureallybad_.thumb.png.947f3a7e166b8fb5d618092510309309.png

• Like 16
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Leave it as is. We'll go with black this month, and depending on the theme next month we'll see what we'll go with then!

I still want to know why we have to have all solid backgrounds - and in the same color - for the magazine.  I can understand wanting a solid background to pull an image from for a compilation picture, but not for the magazine.  Just pull whatever picture is posted, with whatever background, and put it in the magazine.

Maybe I'm confused on the concept of this magazine.

• Like 3

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

I still want to know why we have to have all solid backgrounds - and in the same color - for the magazine.  I can understand wanting a solid background to pull an image from for a compilation picture, but not for the magazine.  Just pull whatever picture is posted, with whatever background, and put it in the magazine.

Maybe I'm confused on the concept of this magazine.

I think everyone is more or less confused at this stage. This thread was supposed to be picture applications, but both in this on and the bunny one, people bring up questions - and then I answer them in whichever thread they popped up. When I get home tomorrow I'll try to compile all the questions and the feedback from the three threads, and update the magazine one with any changes!

But as far as backgrounds go, for now, the idea I envisioned was something like, collage on the front cover, and then a single-page close-up of each picture with a verso for text by the photographer. Then I realized people might not want to write anything, so then I said that those who don't want to write credits, blog- or Flickr details, might as well use the verso for a second picture - or just use the whole spread for a single landscape format picture (3:2 rather than 3:4). But then I realised that if people make 3:2 pictures, they might not go with the collage. So, for the time being, black or white solid backgrounds, and we'll see what feedback we get in the next 12 hours!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1833 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.