Jump to content

April Theme: Arch-Villains & Superheroes


You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 588 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Syn Anatine said:

Ergo, it would make much more sense and it would be SO much more fun if we could bring heroes and villains to life that are just for SL. Who knows, maybe in another decade some of them will still be remembered. Perhaps for Halloween there could be a monster photoshoot thingy, where we got Molerats, undead 7seas fishers and Gacha machines of doom that will grab your hand as you try to put Linden into it and they EAT YOU.

And we may see something like that in later photo shoots. I think that since this is so new, people want to do what they feel comfortable with. Maybe later, we'll see a lot more original creations then we did currently.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Aaand here's mine for the magazine.

Well I am confused too and not much in favor of "solid black background" LOL. So here is my "entry" for the magazine.  Had fun doing it anyway and that's what counts.   Correct ratio - four times the

This is my Power Girl, for the magazine.  Off the record; I didn't use a backdrop. I used the "Night" WL setting in Black Dragon Viewer, and a soft box--just tweaked the exposure in post. For anyon

Posted Images

22 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

This right here is why I'm sometimes reluctant to post pictures.  I am not the creative imaginative type at all.  My brain just doesn't seem to work that way. 

It's the same with me, I'm creative when it comes to writing, but not when it comes to photo shoots. No offense to Syn but I haven't seen her post any pictures showing off her creativity. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/14/2019 at 2:47 AM, Syn Anatine said:

It's astounding how badly my post of disappointment was taken, it's like I insulted everyone -and- their mother while the actual point of my post was thoroughly overlooked.

Well to be honest, the choice of words might have been harsher than your intentions. With "Awh guys, instead of being uncreative and just taking established superheroes" you basically called everyone who put their effort in to and posted a knows superhero uncreative. Being not native English myself, I do that quite often ;)

As for the point, I myself like it to be open to interpretation. If someone prefers making their own version of a known superhero, that's great. If someone likes to make up an entire new one, that's great too. You probably enjoy creating avatars and background stories, others might not. Lets not set to many strict rules and let everyone do what they enjoy within a set theme.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

Well to be honest, the choice of words might have been harsher than your intentions. With "Awh guys, instead of being uncreative and just taking established superheroes" you basically called everyone who put their effort in to and posted a knows superhero uncreative. Being not native English myself, I do that quite often ;)

As for the point, I myself like it to be open to interpretation. If someone prefers making their own version of a known superhero, that's great. If someone likes to make up an entire new one, that's great too. You probably enjoy creating avatars and background stories, others might not. Lets not set to many strict rules and let everyone do what they enjoy within a set theme.

I also see this as a way of also expressing "who's your champion" or favorites. I was debating Superman and Batman forever until I finally decided on The Batman (in Bat*woman* format LOL) - so for me, it's like "This is my favorite among the throng" rather than trying to be "creative" with inventing something.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/14/2019 at 5:08 PM, anniepany said:

It's the same with me, I'm creative when it comes to writing, but not when it comes to photo shoots. No offense to Syn but I haven't seen her post any pictures showing off her creativity. 

Are you serious? It's the very first picture post right after I said what I said on the same page. No offense, but maybe you should open your eyes in the future?

On 4/13/2019 at 8:02 PM, Syn Anatine said:

Sure. Here it goes, I do not have the time to make a proper entry but there you have it:

EBjBRF7.png

Name: Sansara Sally
Status: Chaotic Good
Age: As Ancient as the arctic
Lair: Snowlands subcontinent of Sansara
Superpowers: - Delicious baked goods
- Senses the moment someone gets precariously close to stepping on her pristine lawn. Will either strike them down with her wicked tongue or invited them in for cookies
- Rumored to be a witch (both the magical and evil godmother kind)

 

Anyway, Skell, I know what you are doing and I am quite surprised you went there. We both know disappointment can be stated without participation.
On that note, I dislike how Angela Merkel runs my country, yet, are you looking forward to seeing me in her position? That'll unfortunately not happen. That woman holds onto her high chair for dear life.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

Well to be honest, the choice of words might have been harsher than your intentions. With "Awh guys, instead of being uncreative and just taking established superheroes" you basically called everyone who put their effort in to and posted a knows superhero uncreative. Being not native English myself, I do that quite often ;)

As for the point, I myself like it to be open to interpretation. If someone prefers making their own version of a known superhero, that's great. If someone likes to make up an entire new one, that's great too. You probably enjoy creating avatars and background stories, others might not. Lets not set to many strict rules and let everyone do what they enjoy within a set theme.

Ah yes, I figured it was a language thing, I believe you are german as well right? We do tend to say things straight out, if someone acts stupid we'll call them that and it's not meant as an insult to their character but the way they acted in that specific situation....but you know what I'm talking about yes? I keep forgetting that other folks will take wording like that deadly serious.

I do stand by what I said regarding that this is a huge missed opportunity. We're SL users, this is an SL forum, this photoshoot is done within SL, with SL avatars...it just makes so much sense to me that it could have been used to establish SL heroes and villains. Afterall this isn't some movie forum if you know what I mean? I was just kind of bummed at seeing the same old in the sense that cinemas and movies are being just downright spammed with superhero flicks at this point so yeah....

As everyone in this forum does...this is of course just my opinion, you do you, like I am allowed to voice said opinion, everyone is allowed to proceed with what they think is right and my apologies if I stepped on any toes.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Syn Anatine said:

Are you serious? It's the very first picture post right after I said what I said on the same page. No offense, but maybe you should open your eyes in the future?

My apologies Syn, I actually never saw it but you're right I should have looked more carefully 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Syn Anatine said:

Ah yes, I figured it was a language thing, I believe you are german as well right? We do tend to say things straight out, if someone acts stupid we'll call them that and it's not meant as an insult to their character but the way they acted in that specific situation.

Dutch, but I believe we are seen as just as blunt and direct by the international community ;)

Actually seen this movie a while back where people from over the US shared their experience/opinion about us after a longer stay, the "straight to the pointness" was a big thing (not necessarily negative), quite refreshing and funny to see that difference in our cultures.

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

Dutch, but I believe we are seen as just as blunt and direct by the international community ;)

   Yeah, so uh... The view of Dutch people I've grown up with is basically based on a commercial I was shown by a Dutch friend some 15 years ago, with a guy running and jumping around in happiness about a beer. The video explained so much about him, and ever since, that's just the mental image I get when I hear 'Dutch'.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Orwar said:

   Yeah, so uh... The view of Dutch people I've grown up with is basically based on a commercial I was shown by a Dutch friend some 15 years ago, with a guy running and jumping around in happiness about a beer. The video explained so much about him, and ever since, that's just the mental image I get when I hear 'Dutch'.

Well this clip might strengthen that view of the Dutch then! :)

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, BelindaN said:

"Peacemaker"

   I think that's who Neph dressed up as. Although I suspect their methods of achieving peace may differ. 😈

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/12/2019 at 8:37 PM, Syn Anatine said:

Awh guys, instead of being uncreative and just taking established superheroes, why not come up with some original SL ones? The Natuilus Sharkman, Steampunk Herald, Twisted Cubist? The choices are so endless since SL is such a vast and creative world. :(

Jettatara, not really a arch villan, in fact on her planet she is just a typical girl next door.

04.17.19_002.png

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 588 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...