March Theme: Bunny Outfits!

Orwar

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1814 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Here's the new thread for the themed shots, to ease the load of the 'How does your avatar look today?' thread. Feel free to re-post your picture here.

Important: If you want to apply your picture to the magazine - please write it out in your post. If you write nothing, the picture will not be included. That means that you're also very welcome to post your picture here, even if you don't want it in the virtual magazine! Also, if you can be bothered to; please edit the picture to a 3:4 format if it's in any other format, otherwise I may end up having to crop it or add more black background myself.

I'll go ahead and pop mine here right off.

BunnyForumUL.thumb.png.cd75a4c913b73019c2c0343f6cfe19c6.png

Come forth, ye bunny-clad forumites! (And yes, I agree to my picture being published in the <name to be discussed/announced> virtual magazine).

• Like 9

(For the magazine)

"They all exalt in normal
they do not like the weird, 
they slander anybody
who's slightly out of gear. 

They all berate the odd ball
that stands out from the crowd. 
You've seen odd balls at parties
hung loose, all odd and proud.

The odd ball talks excitedly
about his odd ball ways.
The things that other people fear
or find a trifle strange. 

They say that he's not normal, 
they s***** and they grin
but he'd rather be an odd ball
than normal, just like them." 
- Ruth Walters

Be weird, be odd, be interesting, and be proud of it!

EDIT: Interesting...the word was supposed to be "s n i g g e r" without spaces. Although I understand why it would be censored. 

Snapshot_008A.jpg

Edited by Nastasha Szaberwick
  • Like 10

9 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Would a rule insisting on one, single image submission be a good idea? People should post only what they feel is their best. Otherwise, the threads could become unwieldy. Just a thought, really. :)

I'd have to agree to some kind of limit. 

Edited by Nastasha Szaberwick
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Would a rule insisting on one, single image submission be a good idea? People should post only what they feel is their best. Otherwise, the threads could become unwieldy. Just a thought, really. :)

Yes. Considering the amount of bunnies on the collage currently, I'm thinking what you get is one spread - you can get 1 picture and 1 page for text, or 2 pictures. You -could- put text on the picture (or tell me what text you want, and I'll overlay it on an alpha).

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Gluehwuermchen Tornado said:

Can someone delete my postings please? I'm out.

We're not able to do that. The only person (other than a moderator, who may or may not look into this thread) who can do that is you. You can edit your own post up to 24 hours after you made it, and delete anything in it.

Bunny boy reporting for duty ;) (Not the best of quality to be honest, as it was a quick off-the-cuff photoshoot, but I didn't save the outfit and I'm not finding it all again!)

bunnyboy_.thumb.png.0cd2d0e9abce979a12ac22cf7d9ebe99.png

(OK for inclusion in the magazine.)

Edited by Skell Dagger
  • Like 11

2 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

We're not able to do that. The only person (other than a moderator, who may or may not look into this thread) who can do that is you. You can edit your own post up to 24 hours after you made it, and delete anything in it.

I didn't know that, because when I tried I missed the delete button. That's why I did ask and thank you very much for your kind respond. 

Well I had pretty much moved on from the bunny pictures, and just recently opened a new art gallery in the Amsterdam Redlight District, and for those of you who are familiar with that sim, the art gallery fits in that location  perfectly. I had been working on an outfit  that fit the theme of the art gallery and  the sim when I saw this thread. I thought about going back  and  reposting my prior bunny picture, but then I thought no, I can add ears and a tail to this one and use it as an excuse to promote  the new gallery. 

Untitled

• Like 12

2 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Would not mind really if more are allowed to be posted here, its fun to see all the variations and poses people come up with. As long as you can only mark one to be placed in the magazine.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

Would not mind really if more are allowed to be posted here, its fun to see all the variations and poses people come up with. As long as you can only mark one to be placed in the magazine.

Yes, that's how I understood the suggestion. In the thread, there's no point limiting how much people can post - but in the magazine you get one spread to play with, i.e. 2 pages at 768 x 1024 pixels. If you want to pose 2 portrait-shaped 768 x 1024 pictures, or one 1536 x 1024 picture is up to you. I suppose you 'could' make a picture in a slightly different format if you want say a strip of white for text in one corner - but to avoid me having to run around doing a bunch of photo editing, I'd like the pictures submitted for the magazine to be either one page or two pages in size, and if you want a strip on one side conserved for text, just leave it out black or white.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gluehwuermchen Tornado said:

Can someone delete my postings please? I'm out.

Why?  Hopefully not just because it was requested to limit the number of photos.

2 hours ago, Gluehwuermchen Tornado said:

I didn't know that, because when I tried I missed the delete button. That's why I did ask and thank you very much for your kind respond. 

You cannot actually 'delete' a post.  You can 'edit' the post and then remove whatever you typed -- but only within 24 hours of posting.

3 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

1 hour ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

41 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Yes, that's how I understood the suggestion. In the thread, there's no point limiting how much people can post 

I read the original suggestion (quoted first here - bolding mine) as limiting the number of pictures posted 'in the thread' because the thread is basically for submitting your photo to the magazine.  Personally, I do think that the number of pictures per person "in the thread' should be limited, but I'm okay with a 2-3 per person.  Otherwise, to me anyway, it starts feeling like the thread is being taken over a bit by the multiple images and it can start to overshadow the single picture posts.  We already have 3 other "look at me" threads for folks to show off in.

I'm just not a big fan of limiting people and rules, it should be about fun. The bunny theme might not be the best example, but for the super hero/villain, I just posted one, that would mean no more dress up as different super heroes/villains and sit out another month for the new theme. I would very much enjoy trying out different costumes and poses, and near the end of the month pick my favorite for the magazine.

Just my point of view, very much addicted to dressing up and making pics, so am a bit biased probably ;) 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

I'm just not a big fan of limiting people and rules, it should be about fun. The bunny theme might not be the best example, but for the super hero/villain, I just posted one, that would mean no more dress up as different super heroes/villains and sit out another month for the new theme. I would very much enjoy trying out different costumes and poses, and near the end of the month pick my favorite for the magazine.

Just my point of view, very much addicted to dressing up and making pics, so am a bit biased probably ;) 

I see you point about multiple outfits.  I guess I just don't think we need 10 pictures of the same outfit in different poses.  That just seems to be overkill.  Bring on the many different outfits.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

27 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I see you point about multiple outfits.  I guess I just don't think we need 10 pictures of the same outfit in different poses.  That just seems to be overkill.  Bring on the many different outfits.

I completely agree with this. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zeta Vandyke said:

I'm just not a big fan of limiting people and rules, it should be about fun.

I concur. "Rule" is too strict a word. Perhaps "guideline" would be a better descriptor? /me chortles

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1814 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.