Please let us see bots.

Coffee Pancake

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2011 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

22 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Read my lips, Phil:

Kindly stop trying to pull me into this debate. When someone has stated that they are not interested in debating, and a second person - ignoring their wishes - tries to draw them in regardless - that's verging on trollish behaviour. And you're better than that, aren't you?

As Coffee notes ....

2 minutes ago, CoffeeDujour said:

We're 10 pages deep and most of that has been pedantry .... 

That's his MO, among other things. Throw him on Ignore, let him believe he has "won" and move on. Reality will remain unchanged no matter how much he wants it to be otherwise.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, CoffeeDujour said:

Doesn't work on a forum,  still see the other half and if we started putting people who get dragged into debating Phil on ignore,  wouldn't be anyone left to talk to.

This!

I'm really trying my best to not respond to him but I got dragged into it again. I really must do better.

Edited by Blush Bravin
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, CoffeeDujour said:

Doesn't work on a forum,  still see the other half and if we started putting people who get dragged into debating Phil on ignore,  wouldn't be anyone left to talk to.

That's nice and misses the entire point.

Put him on Ignore. If someone quotes him, so what? You see only what they end up quoting and don't have to read his posts otherwise. Heck, until people started to respond to his bait in this thread, all I saw was "You've chosen to ignore content by (User). Options ". Do note that I haven't responded to him - not directly - and have thus far responded to those who have or to a situation his shenanigans have brought forth.

In short: It doesn't matter at all if you believe it "doesn't work" - reality shows that to be nothing more than a belief born of a personal inability to resist responding or reading. Get over it, resist the urge and move on.

That is all, that is that, that is reality. Deal with it, do what you have to or let the actions of a pedantic troll control you.

Your choice.

Edited by Solar Legion
Removed formatting, generalized bit in quotes

I hate to spoil this pressing debate over the definition of a bot (not really), but getting back to your initial post, Coffee...where are all the bots you encountered? I'm not doubting your experience, but I made an alt a few months ago and began exploring the mainland because I felt I might be out of touch with the mainstream of SL as I spend all my time in my workshop building or building on customers full sim projects, but I have yet to encounter the problem with bots you're describing.
I doubt you are allowed to post the bot farm links here, but can you send them in PM to me?

1 hour ago, Skell Dagger said:

Read my lips, Phil:

Kindly stop trying to pull me into this debate. When someone has stated that they are not interested in debating, and a second person - ignoring their wishes - tries to draw them in regardless - that's verging on trollish behaviour. And you're better than that, aren't you?

You posted something that I needed to comment on because I didn't agree with it. This is a forum, y'know ;)

I haven't made any attempt to pull you into anything. You came in on your own.

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Like 1

You can all put me on ignore if you want to, but it would be your loss (*for a very short time). I don't tend to get things wrong, but it does happen once in a while. And, of course, I do admit it when I'm wrong, unlike a lot of people here. When it's clear that I've been wrong about something I don't just fade out of the discussion, like a lot of people do. I admit to having been wrong. The only thing I've got wrong in this thread, though, is refering to Kali with "OP", when she wasn't. What I definitely haven't got wrong is what I've been discussing with Selene. Nobody can show me that that's wrong - because it isn't - and you all know it ;)

*Very short time because I've finished with SL now. My Premium time is up tomorrow but I downgraded a couple of days early and uninstalled my viewers. The forum is the only thing left now, and I'll fade out of it very easily. You'll miss me when I'm gone :D

ETA: And no! Nobody can haz my stuffs!

Edited by Phil Deakins
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Phil Deakins said:

I don't tend to get things wrong.....

It would have been nice if (instead of being so focused on proving yourself right and others wrong), you had thought of interactions with others as a way to learn something from each other.

17 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

It would have been nice if (instead of being so focused on proving yourself right and others wrong), you had thought of interactions with others as a way to learn something from each other.

Like what, for instance?

Selene certainly has the opportunity to learn something she didn't know - if and when she finally admits to herself that she'd been mistaken all these years - but I can't imagine what I could have learned from her.

As for "being so focused on proving yourself right", that's what discussions of different beliefs are - each side trying to show that what they believe to be true is actually true. Nope. I think we've both argued it well enough (except when Selene resorted to insults). No need to bring other things into or it would have gone on forever, instead of just a couple of pages of an 11 page thread.

Edited by Phil Deakins

On 3/15/2019 at 7:26 PM, Selene Gregoire said:

Just keep in mind that if you do change an account to agent status and you use the account for personal use, that can also result in "disciplinary action" for misuse. Two edged sword, there.

I asked about this at the Governance User Group.

Kristin Linden confirmed that LL do not care if you choose to register a normal account as a scripted agent. It's allowed.
She also said that in cases where you may have a lot of alts standing around, playing Tiny Empires or whatever, it's better to err on the side of caution and register them as scripted agents.

• Thanks 6

2 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

I asked about this at the Governance User Group.

Kristin Linden confirmed that LL do not care if you choose to register a normal account as a scripted agent. It's allowed.
She also said that in cases where you may have a lot of alts standing around, playing Tiny Empires or whatever, it's better to err on the side of caution and register them as scripted agents.

Welp. Either LL has changed their tune since way back when or a Linden didn't know the policy as well as they believed they did, back then. 

They really should put that kind of info on the wiki page for clarification. But, hey, it's LL so... there you go.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2011 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.