What is Your Favorite Style?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1928 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

What is your favorite style in furniture?

What is your favorite style in clothing?

If you have a favorite style, do you feel SL is meeting your needs regarding your style?

Me:  For furniture.  I'm a bit of a Bohemian eclectic.  Preferring antiques and "flea market finds" vintage style items.

Clothing:  Mostly casual boho or artisan crafted look for me.

I love "antiquing" in SL.  I have my needs meet in the antique area but always love to see and collect more.

Does SL meet my clothing style?  I think it's bake on mesh we need as I love to layer clothing which is very difficult for female avatars.  I love the layered look.  I hope bake on mesh is here soon!    I'd love to have maxi skirts and maxi dresses I can wear with feet and sandals, and vintage style coats that layer over tops or have the top built in.

I want a coat for women that looks like the one Jimmy Page is wearing in this video - and soft yellow too!  :)

Edited by FairreLilette

4 hours ago, FairreLilette said:

If you have a favorite style, do you feel SL is meeting your needs regarding your style? 

I've always loved decorating and probably changed my home parcel 5-7 times during the last 12 months and even more, counting the other homes I had rented from private estates over the years, but I always gravitate towards more modern styles. I prefer darker colours over lighter ones, especially when it comes to wood textures, which I like to have on my house and furniture. My current home is a very dark wooded, small house in a snow landscape. The furniture is modern with black and dark brown as the dominating colours and a mix of lilac and violett in the small bedroom under the roof. I currently work in a bit of a "supernatural" twist in here and there to give the modern furniture a contrast.

I like to hang up old paintings, the front part of my living room looks like I robbed a fancy european museum. But I also fancy a few pictures, that go more into the direction of "best things to find on deviantart and artstation"...although my current home makes it difficult to squeeze in more pictures.

Speaking of squeezing: I LOVE clutter, decoration and most important...plants. Lots of them. Mesh greatest gift to me was more free prims for more "useless" stuff to put on desks, tables and shelves. It makes a place feel more "alive".

There are more than enough stores that supply me with all of the above.

My fashion style is...rather sexy, I would say. If I could, I would probably only wear lingerie and swimsuits, mixed with the occasional formal gown. But I do own a selection of casual clothes.

For furniture I like a simple elegant design without any embellishment. I like plants and I like to make my place look livable so it must have a kitchen and bathroom. I like a cozy feeling so there are no large bare areas. I hang up mostly historic paintings and a few posters of cabarets and Tolouse Lautrec style artwork.

For clothing I'd say casual. Not jeans and tees but just the typical styles you'd find at all the mesh clothing stores. I avoid the sexy and revealing as well as the dressy and formal. 

My general style is see it, like it, buy it.
For furnishings i'm more drawn towards modern, contemporary, classic type stuff things i can actually see myself having rezzed in RL.
For clothing more casual/smart casual. Don't really go for formal as i don't hang out in the sort of places it's required

On 1/28/2019 at 8:13 AM, FairreLilette said:

Furnishings: I like a mix of styles ranging from American Craftsman, to Mid-century Modern, to Classic Contemporary. I also love anything that brings the outdoors inside, so lots of windows and earth tones for me. The one thing that is a must regardless of any style I choose is that things must look used, lived in. I don't want my home to look as though a decorator set it up and I haven't moved in yet.

Clothing: This is more of a what don't I like. As long as it doesn't look like hooker wear I'm a fan. My favorite style is boho but that's so hard to do with mesh clothing. And like with furnishings, I want my clothing to look as though it's gently worn. I don't want to look like I dressed right off the rack.

Now is SL meeting my needs? As far as what is possible in SL, yes, my needs are met and when I can't find something I want then I make it. The reason I know how to create anything at all in SL is because I wanted something and couldn't find it so I learned how to make it. The reason boho is so hard to do with mesh is because it simply doesn't move adequately enough to do the long flowing look so necessary in boho clothing. I too am looking forward to BoM, but that won't help the problem with mesh not moving well. I still on occasion use flexi skirts with glitchpants when I really want a gently swaying mid calf boho skirt. It's the only way available with SL's current tech.

I switch up a lot but can be anything from maitreya grunge to kemono anime style to goth to whatever takes my fancy. I even maintain system body avatars and usually 9/10 times i'm wearing flex hair as I prefer the look and movement over mesh hair. I can't really say I have a specific style I just wear whatever I feel like wearing. As for SL meeting my needs?. It depends, I usually have to sift through the "Bangkok hooker at 3am" styles of clothing that most developers seem to think that us females want to wear to find that one interesting item that doesn't follow this trend so.....yes and no?.

For furniture, usually mid-century modern, but I am also drawn to cute and quirky stuff. It depends which house I am decorating.

For clothing, sci-fi or post apocalyptic. Always with pale skin and white hair.

SL has been getting better at meeting my clothing style. Good sci-fi clothing and accessories are a bit easier to find now. I could do with a few more good quality pale skin appliers, particularly for the Genus head.

I am eclectic, eccentric and all my own..... I can not define my style nor will I. I wear rhinestone cocktail dress with cowboy boots, pony tail with sequin pumps and adore a nice pair of fitted trousers with a button down linen shirt with slinky cami underneath.  I have stopped wearing any hair but from Magika, I've been following her styles for going on 9 years now??

I rarely live inside a house in SL and prefer to luxuriate under a canopy of leaves, or float in a leaf boat in turbulent waters.....

I do tend to lean twords the tribal design of jewelry and outdoor decor....and scary stuff..

I mean, visit my sim.. you'll get it

lol

Snapshot _ Free Spirit Farms - Hippie_Boho Community {Set Home .png

Edited by Tarina Sewell
why not

On 1/29/2019 at 9:00 PM, Stephanie Misfit said:

For furniture, usually mid-century modern, but I am also drawn to cute and quirky stuff. It depends which house I am decorating.

For clothing, sci-fi or post apocalyptic. Always with pale skin and white hair.

SL has been getting better at meeting my clothing style. Good sci-fi clothing and accessories are a bit easier to find now. I could do with a few more good quality pale skin appliers, particularly for the Genus head.

I started out as pale skin white hair avatar.  ; ) I like to see realistic pale skin in world to.

• Like 1

I have no idea how to define my style in furniture. I change my home fairly regularly and in the last couple of years I've had a shabby beach-house, an industrial warehouse, a medieval cottage, a fancy city apartment and an ice-castle. The ice-castle was almost impossible to furnish in a satisfactory way so that didn't last long. The beach house was my favourite I think.

capeheronint_001_600.png.ee337884fa8aebddbd112dc760a39bc6.png

I have two styles in clothing. The first is my typical "rocker" look with jeans and a leather waistcoat, which is my default outfit. Sometimes leather pants and a leather jacket. The other style is pure fantasy; ephemeral and other-worldly, often with some unusual skin colour.

190105_002s.thumb.png.faf497d0ffb8e4203891397685e1dc2a.png

Does SL satisfy these needs? Since I got a mesh body and head, yes absolutely. Modification is so much easier now because everything is tintable. I do wish there was more variety of applier-layer stuff for men though. If I could figure out the technicalities of it, I'd make my own. And I wish mesh bodies could have more than 3 layers.

Edited by Matty Luminos

Boho and Shabby Chic.

I am going gaga over the DRD vagabond set I splurged on (love the fact they let you exchange all gacha items to copy versions at an automated station!) its too freaking amazing! If you like Boho stuff and havent seen it yet its on display at the DRD mainstore, its a wagon home.

Other than that I like shabby chic and can swing either way when it comes to homes, quaint or glass houses and anything in between but my furniture style is always the same. Gimme colorful boho, antique shappy chic or pastel goodness ala Half Deer & Dust Bunny.

Oh! And I adore MishMish.

For clothing i try to keep more like fantasy style than rl style, but sometimes i slip in to rl style a bit. I mean irl i can wear enough of rl clothes, but fantasy stuff not really. So SL kind of fills my need for that.

For furniture i like vintage old style, maybe a bit of baroque, fantasy and i love art nouveau and jugend style. And and, and... it depends on my mood. I like scifi also, so not all vintage, at least yet.

I don't want my SL home to look like a regular modern rl home and i don't want to have a kitchen in my SL home. I can take food from my inventory or if i rez my one prim fridge.

p.s. I reserve the right to change my mind at any time.

Edit:

Not saying my SL home is always like i want it to be.

To the OP,  thank you reminding about Led Zeppelin and the topic is nice also.

Edited by Ansiri
i have my reasons

What is your favorite style in furniture? I like fantasy, slightly hobbit hole style or outdoorsy camping style, or a sea shore motif.... but I am more likely to just rez whatever I've acquired for free over the years.

What is your favorite style in clothing? I have 2 basic styles, there's the me when I'm not working who likes to dress the way real me dresses, either jeans or boho hippie dresses or sometimes a fantasy faery... then there's the hostess me who hosts in a blues bar and wears lots of mini skirts and revealing but not too *****ty dresses.  

If you have a favorite style, do you feel SL is meeting your needs regarding your style? Pretty much, I wish that the mesh makers were more open to system tricks like glitch pieces with appliers and augmenting with flexi pieces to get that more natural movement.  I would wear fewer mini skirted items if the longer skirts didn't break the immersive experience.  Did I mention that I'm almost always dancing when in world?  I have to dance when I try on demos to see if the clothes will break while dancing before I decide to purchase.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1928 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.