Close up portraits

jeaneos7

11 hours ago, Leora Greenwood said:

LOL, yes, but all lovely in elvish, Victorian, Steampunky ways..........  delicate and precise and imaginative!

Aha, thank you so much. The last three descriptors, so thoughtful of you. Never heard my style described that way, but I really adore it. You're too kind.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, kisket said:

Pixie 002

Try hitting Ctrl + 0 twice.  

Field of View/Zooming

• Mousewheel - The mousewheel can be used to zoom in or out on things that have focus.
  • Ctrl-0 - Narrows camera perspective (FOV), creating a "zoomed in" effect.
  • Ctrl-9 - Returns camera to normal FOV.
  • Ctrl-8 - Widens camera perspective (FOV), creating not only a "zoomed out" effect, but also giving a somewhat "fish eye lense" view.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Field of View/Zooming

• Mousewheel - The mousewheel can be used to zoom in or out on things that have focus.
  • Ctrl-8 - Widens camera perspective (FOV), creating not only a "zoomed out" effect, but also giving a somewhat "fish eye lense" view.

Thanks Rowan. I did that on purpose, I actually had to crop it. There's a a fisheye lens on the linden viewer, I actually like the distortion & use it as an artistic effect. Thanks for the suggestions though, I'll take a look.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Field of View/Zooming

Thanks, I confess to photographic cluelessness so I took a screen grab of that and will try it out!

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Field of View/Zooming

I totally forgot about ctrl-8. Thanks!!!

Sandor fisheye.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Bagnu said:

I totally forgot about ctrl-8. Thanks!!!

Sandor fisheye.png

Most people try to avoid the fish eye look when doing close ups unless, of course, they're going for a surreal type look.  I see it often when people photograph rooms, too.  The whole thing just looks off somehow.  But, if that's the look you're going for, alrighty.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

Most people try to avoid the fish eye look when doing close ups unless, of course, they're going for a surreal type look.  I see it often when people photograph rooms, too.  The whole thing just looks off somehow.  But, if that's the look you're going for, alrighty.

I guess I've adapted to the fisheye view because I've used it for so long. But sometimes I do wish I could get rid of it, so I will experiment with those shortcuts and I really do appreciate it.

Sylte 008

• Like 8

11 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

I maxxed out the fisheye on purpose with ctr-8 just to see how distorted it could go. This isn't an effect I would normally go for. 

• Like 3