Grant and corrupt a wish game

Ansiri

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 152 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

25 minutes ago, Orwar said:

Your wish wish is granted, but they're all colour blind and have no depth perception, for which they are bullied in their school years leading to them being reclusive, anxious and socially awkward. On the plus side, black and white expressionist movies become more popular.

I wish a worldwide zombie apocalypse would occur.

Granted. The worldwide zombie apocalypse has occurred but it was not physical but mental. People are very much alive, but dead on the inside. As William Wallace eloquently proclaimed in Braveheart, "everyone dies, but not everyone really lives".

I wish I had time this morning to watch Braveheart instead of earning my living at work.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marut72 said:

Granted. The worldwide zombie apocalypse has occurred but it was not physical but mental. People are very much alive, but dead on the inside. As William Wallace eloquently proclaimed in Braveheart, "everyone dies, but not everyone really lives".

I wish I had time this morning to watch Braveheart instead of earning my living at work.

Granted, but you have to watch Braveheart at work and you don't get paid, thereby granting the second part of your wish: "instead of earning a living".

I wish more movies were like Mad Max Fury Road, simple story, more visual communication, fewer translation subtitles to read.

• Like 1

Just now, Alyona Su said:

Granted, but you have to watch Braveheart at work and you don't get paid, thereby granting the second part of your wish: "instead of earning a living".

I wish more movies were like Mad Max Fury Road, simple story, more visual communication, fewer translation subtitles to read.

Granted. The world suddenly abandons Hollywood movies and resurrects silent film classics especially Charlie Chaplin films :)

I wish I knew how to play guitar and could play on top of a pick up truck with massive speakers, driving all over the city, breaking all the noise by-laws.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Marut72 said:

Granted. The world suddenly abandons Hollywood movies and resurrects silent film classics especially Charlie Chaplin films :)

I wish I knew how to play guitar and could play on top of a pick up truck with massive speakers, driving all over the city, breaking all the noise by-laws.

Granted, you are transported into the apocalyptic future and put into the RL version of the Guitar Player in Mad Max Fury Road who, incidentally, gets made pretty dead by the time the adventure is done.

I wish I won the largest lottery in the world and then used it all to bribe every politician to make them honest for a change.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

I wish I won the largest lottery in the world and then used it all to bribe every politician to make them honest for a change.

Granted, but no-one one in the world believes you can bribe your way to honesty, so people's approval of the politicians you bribed goes to... zero.*

I wish I could hang a live pine tree, in a planter, upside down in my yard, to be decorated like some Europeans do...

image.png.9b2f215f80cb61378b5e5fe781298be2.png

*Though it may seem that I corrupted your wish, I simply explained what you already knew about it, you li'l devil.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

I wish I could hang a live pine tree, in a planter, upside down in my yard, to be decorated like some Europeans do...

Granted, but now your first life and second life are literally swapped, your main consciousness is now in Second Life and though you can hang anything any way you want, you must sit at your computer managing your previously real-life in excruciating detail for your entertainment.

I wish I had my own posh-lifestyle limousine driver to take me everywhere I need to go and is the one who bothers with parking and washing and all the rest the car maintenance.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

I wish I had my own posh-lifestyle limousine driver to take me everywhere I need to go and is the one who bothers with parking and washing and all the rest the car maintenance.

Granted, but the car failed the MOT and you can't afford to get it fixed, so he has to take you everywhere by piggyback instead and he's four feet tall.

I wish I could find my crocheted brooch.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Granted, but you find it up Alyona's chauffeur's bum.

I wish I could hang Maddy by her heels from the rafters and decorate her for Christmas.  Now she's got me calculating ceiling joist loads and thinking about mounting hardware.

Granted, but you soon realize that hanging her by her heels from the rafters and letting that blood rush to her head will kill her, so instead you decide to mount her to the floor and you mount all of your furniture and belongings to the ceiling. You're definitely not a quitter. (You still decorate her).

I wish I could hide things inside my bum, like Alyona's chauffeur because then I wouldn't need a wallet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Marut72 said:

I wish I could hide things inside my bum, like Alyona's chauffeur because then I wouldn't need a wallet.

Granted, you can use it to hide your wallet, my brooch, a spare tyre, an umbrella, the car keys, sandwiches for lunch, a change of clothes, a walking stick and a first aid kit, because you have that much space in there. But you can't get anything out.

I wish I could change my RL hair colour at will.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Granted, you can use it to hide your wallet, my brooch, a spare tyre, an umbrella, the car keys, sandwiches for lunch, a change of clothes, a walking stick and a first aid kit, because you have that much space in there. But you can't get anything out.

I wish I could change my RL hair colour at will.

Granted, but you have to do it in total darkness because otherwise the swapping of wigs allows light reflecting off your bald scalp to shine like a Millennium beacon to be seen by all in your hemisphere.

I wish I could always type perfectly without ever making a single typo on the first go 'round.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marut72 said:

OK...but you get your wish literally, and can now hide Alyona's chauffeur in there.  (I know, I know...Amina answered it, but I couldn't resist!)

2 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

I wish I could always type perfectly without ever making a single typo on the first go 'round.

Granted!  But all you can type are periods. .......................................................

I wish people who wrote professionally would be more professional about checking their work for typos, misspellings, incorrect word choice and grammatical errors.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

OK...but you get your wish literally, and can now hide Alyona's chauffeur in there.  (I know, I know...Amina answered it, but I couldn't resist!)

I wish people who wrote professionally would be more professional about checking their work for typos, misspellings, incorrect word choice and grammatical errors.

Oh boy. That is good catch and a super duper tight fit. I can feel him tickling my tonsils.

Granted. There are no more typos, or misspellings, or incorrect word choices and no more grammatical errors, but people who are not native speakers or who are a little shy don't write anymore and the world only hears the same old stories, told by the same people over and over again.

I wish I could open a second life coffee shop in real life, where people came and ironically played online while ignoring each other.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Marut72 said:

I wish I could open a second life coffee shop in real life, where people came and ironically played online while ignoring each other.

Granted, they all do nothing but stare at their smartphones at all times, rarely ever looking up, even when called to claim their order. (Wait... doesn't that happen in RL already?)

I wish I had more fun things to do each day that waste time in SL. (~snorts~)

Edited by Alyona Su
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Granted, they all do nothing but stare at their smartphones at all times, rarely ever looking up, even when called to claim their order. (Wait... doesn't that happen in RL already?)

I wish I had more fun things to do each day that waste time in SL. (~snorts~)

Granted. You open up a snort for hire agency. Every club hires you to stand there and snort at peoples jokes and innuendos. You leave the forum all together. Your throat turns red. Might want to see a doctor about that. :)

I wish I had a magical shovel that would shovel my driveway all by itself.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Eva Knoller said:

I wish this one guy down the hall would stop blowing his nose constantly. 

Granted, he loudly sniffs instead and then hacks it all up from his throat.

I wish Peppa Pig would get made into pigs in blankets this Christmas. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Amina Sopwith said:

Granted, he loudly sniffs instead and then hacks it all up from his throat.

I wish Peppa Pig would get made into pigs in blankets this Christmas. 

Granted, but he is so popular that there are thousands and thousands of them. You have to eat them all in one day. 

I wish I invented a new fame that became a sensation and took the world by storm. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Marut72 said:

Granted, but he is so popular that there are thousands and thousands of them. You have to eat them all in one day. 

I wish I invented a new fame that became a sensation and took the world by storm. 

Granted, but it is so astounding that nothing is worthy of being surrounded by it, so it forevermore only frames a black void.

I wish there was only one truly awesome Linden Home design and the rest were ugly so it wouldn't be such a chore to have to pick only ONE. Ugh.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Alyona Su said:

Granted, but it is so astounding that nothing is worthy of being surrounded by it, so it forevermore only frames a black void.

I wish there was only one truly awesome Linden Home design and the rest were ugly so it wouldn't be such a chore to have to pick only ONE. Ugh.

Granted, but everyone else does the same and now everything is a boring cookie cutter hegemony.

I wish all the tasty foods aren't so fattening.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 152 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.